John Stewart meets Bill O'Reilly

Thomas

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:34 pm
Yesterday (?), John Stewart visited the O'Reilly Factor where he had a refreshingly blunt exchange about politics and the role of Fox News in it. My favorite line of Stewart's: "You've became the sanest host at Fox News" But you know there's a punch line to this, so ...

.... watch the video to find out what it is.

squinney

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:44 pm
Not all of it was aired on Fox, but evidently the whole thing is online. Stewart was spot on.

Sorry I missed it when it aired. Bear won't let me watch Fox. Says it's for the good of our children and the country.
Thomas

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:51 pm
@squinney,
Oh yes -- my link takes you to the uncut interview.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:17 pm
@Thomas,
Listened to the whole Interview while I did paperwork.
Thomas

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:17 pm
@Amigo,
So, what are your thoughts?
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:26 pm
John Stewart for president! He's a smart guy and he did a marvelous job
making Fox News (on alternate parking days) look inferior, despite O'Reilly
showing good behaviour.
Irishk

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:27 pm
LOL! Comedian meets bloviating blowhard!

Pretty funny stuff. I really laughed at the lighting the menorah bit! Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:28 pm
@Thomas,
Stewart articulates on the fly like nobody else and takes full advantage of his slot. O'Reilly respects his prowess and is subservient to it.

Thomas

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:32 pm
@Amigo,
I agree. Both about Stewart and O'Reilly.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 11:45 pm
Will watch it later when I have time.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:15 am
@Thomas,
That was good Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:16 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
John Stewart for president! He's a smart guy and he did a marvelous job making Fox News (on alternate parking days) look inferior, despite O'Reilly showing good behaviour.

I think John was right when he said to Bill, "your problem is that you like me".
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 09:21 am
@rosborne979,
You're absolutely right, rosborne! Knowing how O'Reilly can rip people
apart, he was very civilized with John. He likes him, and John is a likable guy,
he can turn around O'Reilly's accusations, like making fun of people on his show, and make it understandable.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:05 am
Satire as a second order form of reporting current events has proven very effective, even if the original intent was to entertain. I don't think Jon Stewart set up to become a media icon of the decade, but people trust him, and his research team is the best in all of the land.

I never want him as president. I want him right where he is, as long as I can convince him to stay there.

T
K
O
RileyRampant

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:37 pm
@Diest TKO,
are youse all saying you don't miss craig killbjorn?

well, me three.
0 Replies

Carpetbagger

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2024 10:49 pm
@Thomas,
John Stewart's humor was funny for a couple of years. But today. Nothing funny to me. The whole Arch Angel element about what is going on out here. These people are seance broken badged zealots. Next they are going to dress up and get on television and tell us that the Ligurians didn't have towns. Yeah the money is running out out here. It isn't Biden omics, it is more like Reagonomics, but it has taken until now for people to see its real effect. Pretty soon most of us are going to be Ligurians, I mean Thomas aren't Californians building homeless towns underground — in caves. Is that not Ligurian?
The last time I saw Bill O Reilly was actually on youtube and he was interviewing John Turturro, it was about the movie the transformers. (People make fun of the transformers, really really so now.)
0 Replies