If Jesus is God, how is he called God's only begotten son?

cicerone imposter

Wed 2 Jan, 2019 03:04 pm
@MadJW,
People are capable of arriving at their own conclusions. All my siblings are christians, but, I'm an atheist.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 12:13 pm
@neologist,
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The trinity doctrine contradicts those verses. That is why churches that teach the trinity discourage studying the bible, declaring that church tradition is of higher authority than the word of God.

The only importance is that the Roman Catholic Church was the sole defender of the faith for over a thousand years. A great many people learned everything they know from the Catholics, even if they grew up in a protestant church. Protestant churches don't teach the bible, and that's why a lot of Christians don't know the first fact about what they claim to believe.
cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:35 pm
@Jewels Vern,
How does one worship a spirit? holy spir·it. It's invisible.

/ˈspirit/Submit
noun
the nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.
"we seek a harmony between body and spirit"
synonyms: soul, psyche, (inner) self, inner being, inner man/woman, mind, ego, id; pneuma
MadJW

Sat 5 Jan, 2019 03:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

How does one worship a spirit? holy spir·it. It's invisible.

/ˈspirit/Submit
noun
the nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.
"we seek a harmony between body and spirit"
synonyms: soul, psyche, (inner) self, inner being, inner man/woman, mind, ego, id; pneuma

That is the RELIGIOUS definition- not the Biblical one.
cicerone imposter

Sun 6 Jan, 2019 03:43 pm
@MadJW,
Quote:
And the Bible is not a religious text?
MadJW

Sun 13 Jan, 2019 09:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
And the Bible is not a religious text?

"Religious" means something pertaining to a religion.
Which religion are you referring to?
MadJW

Sun 13 Jan, 2019 09:38 am
@MadJW,
God is NO ONE'S son.
Thus Jesus is not literally God.
He told his followers that he serves the SAME God as THEY did.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:37 pm
@MadJW,
You really have to ask? Really?
Quote:
. Also, the title of this forum: If Jesus is God, how is he called God's only begotten son?
Forums: Trinity, Religion, Spirituality And Religion, Bible, Theology
0 Replies

coluber2001

Sun 13 Jan, 2019 03:14 pm
What good is it to me that Mary gave birth to the son of God fourteen hundred years ago, and I do not also give birth to the Son of God in my time and in my culture? We are all meant to be mothers of God. God is always needing to be born.

Meister Eckhart
cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Jan, 2019 03:36 pm
@coluber2001,
He is reborn with every generation.
The mystic with the longest life on this planet.
0 Replies

Baltica

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 03:19 am
@agrote,
agrote, the Father actually suffer for our sins that's why He purchased His Church with His own blood.
"Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood''.
ref Acts 20:28
cicerone imposter

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 01:32 pm
@Baltica,
I gave blood all the time when I could. I'm no savior.
Jewels Vern

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 10:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
The bible says religion is made up by men, and God has a poor opinion of it.
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 03:41 pm
Hmm. I see the fun continues.
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 03:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good to see you again, C.I.
izzythepush

Wed 1 May, 2019 02:15 am
@neologist,
Welcome back, hope everything is OK.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Wed 1 May, 2019 11:01 am
"If Jesus is God, how is he called God's only begotten son?"

Father or mother: Zoe, the whole, the ineffable and inexpressible.

The son: Bios, the incarnate, living and dying.

You might say they're mutualistic in that they create each other, something like a circle, or the chicken-and-egg sort of thing.

Here is a good book to read on the subject: The Myth of the Goddess: Evolution of an Image
by Anne Baring, Jules Cashford
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Wed 12 Jun, 2019 03:28 pm
Sad to see how many are lost into Christian theology which will only lead people go astray. Jesus is no doubt a mighty prophet and messiah but by no means he can be God. God is absolute one, perfect, does not change His nature, is neither begotten nor begets.
cicerone imposter

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 11:15 am
@HabibUrrehman,
Habib, Religion is a fact of human nature and life. That's the reason why man have created thousands of them; different countries and cultures created their own god(s). There are just too many questions that leaves me stymied on why gods are necessary. Most being practiced today began from Greek and Egyptian mythology. There are many stories of virgin births from mythology. My problem with god and religion is that most of the religions practiced today came very late in human evolution. The christian god is only 2,000 years old, while Homo sapiens existed for over 200,000 years, and according to science, Homo sapiens evolved from primates. All my siblings are christians. I just could not accept the contradictions taught in the Bible. One of the primary ones: "Thou shalt not kill." "Kill all infidels." There are 783,137 words in the Bible. Living the most ethical life needs just a few words. "Treat all living things with respect and dignity." Less than 10 words.
HabibUrrehman

Thu 13 Jun, 2019 12:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hello my friend:

I see your point of view and appreciate your thoughts. Humans can call God whatever they want but that does not change reality. God is absolute one and that the only thing that makes sense.

Now going to very important point which you made is that most religions started very late in human history. It is true in most cases but you need to understand one religion in particular which is Islam. If you think that is the religion started by Prophet Muhammad PBUH some 1400 years ago then you are mistaken.

Islam literally means submission to God. Quran tell us that this was the religion of very first human being Adam and was the religion of all prophets including Noah, Ibrahim, Moses, Jesus and many other prophets. Muhammad PBUH is the last prophet because he came with final guidance for entire humanity which is in the form of Quran. SO to sum up, the religion for entire humanity from the beginning has been one and that is Islam.

Guidance has comes to different nations and tribes through different prophets and it was always for a particular group, it never was sent for entire humanity. Even Jesus was sent to fulfill the law of Moses which was for people of Bani Israel (Jews).

If you read Quran you will see many common theme between OT and Quran which are thrown out in NT. Quran has revived those and updated several laws to fit the needs of entire humanity till the day of judgement.

As I mentioned in some of my other posts that the purpose of this life is a test. So there will be a battle between good and evil at all times. There will be suffering and people were/are/will be killing each other. Some of those will be for right reasons such as for self protection and others will be for wrong reasons such as oppression and power gain. That's is a common theme throughout human history. It is therefore important to know what is good and what is bad. Not by our standards but by the guidance given by God.

For example, for some having sexual relation outside the wedding lock may be fine but is it fine in divine law? It may be a major sin which we may be committing without knowing it.

From a common day example, if you buy a new phone and it happen to have some problems then how do you fix it? Call customer service or looking in the manual right? these manuals are religious books given by God and customer service representative as similar to prophets.