If Jesus is God, how is he called God's only begotten son?

cicerone imposter

Sat 28 Jul, 2018 09:33 am
@Aetherian,
Jibberish.
0 Replies

Aetherian

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 07:04 am
@neologist,
From what I know of the Bible, Jesus did not claim to be God. He referred to himself as The Son of Man. He also said "I am not of this world".
It became confirmed in the transmissions through George King in 1958 when he said "I came from Venus".
laughoutlood

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:57 pm
@Aetherian,
Jesus, Buddha, Aetherius
Oh good gods get serious
From a planet hence they came
And Venus was her name

He's lost it
Yeah baby, he's lost it
Thinks they're from Venus
Powers higher
From the fire

Well, they're from Venus
Powers higher
Oh good Gaia

0 Replies

KingReef

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:14 pm
@neologist,
I don't need to accept a trinity explanation for the nature of God. I have come to the realization that the One God, which Biblically that is what he has to be, multitasks. The One God multitasks, which is why scripture shows what it does about God.

example:
Isaiah 9
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
cicerone imposter

Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:17 pm
@KingReef,
How does your god keep track of all humanity around the world all at once? Does he listen to all the prayers? Does he keep all the goodness and crimes of humanity 24/7? How many prayers are answered?
KingReef

Fri 21 Sep, 2018 01:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
@KingReef,
How does your god keep track of all humanity around the world all at once? Does he listen to all the prayers? Does he keep all the goodness and crimes of humanity 24/7? How many prayers are answered?

I don't have to know that about how God does that. None of that is included in my testimonies about God. In fact, I find your query to be a non sequitur to the topic.
cicerone imposter

Fri 21 Sep, 2018 02:14 pm
@KingReef,
Nonsequitur? LOL, my opinion is based on logic. Your god was invented only 2000 years ago, long after many gods were created by different cultures in many countries. Your god resembles the mythologies of Greece and Egypt.
KingReef

Fri 21 Sep, 2018 03:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
@KingReef,
Nonsequitur? LOL, my opinion is based on logic. Your god was invented only 2000 years ago, long after many gods were created by different cultures in many countries. Your god resembles the mythologies of Greece and Egypt.

I find it interesting that people regard their own logic as a sort of infallible, unassailable brand of thought. As if logic is only a universal system of thought, the same amongst other claims of logic, and as if logic was only godless. But I'm not really that interested in going over ground I have already considered false.

This might help you, if you were willing to read it.

Logic
There is no universal agreement as to the exact scope and subject matter of logic (see § Rival conceptions, below), but it has traditionally included the classification of arguments, the systematic exposition of the 'logical form' common to all valid arguments, the study of inference, including fallacies, and the study of semantics, including paradoxes.
cicerone imposter

Fri 21 Sep, 2018 03:31 pm
@KingReef,
We can both play that game. Definition of logic:
log·ic
ˈläjik/Submit
noun
reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
"experience is a better guide to this than deductive logic"
synonyms: reasoning, line of reasoning, rationale, argument, argumentation
"the logic of their argument"
cicerone imposter

Fri 21 Sep, 2018 03:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Age of modern humans: About 200,000 years
The earliest fossils of anatomically modern humans are from the Middle Paleolithic, about 200,000 years ago such as the Omo remains of Ethiopia and the fossils of Herto sometimes classified as Homo sapiens idaltu.
Homo sapiens - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human
Scientists have estimated the existence of planet earth at about 4.5 billion years. How Old Is Earth? - How Scientists Determine Its Age - Space.com
https://www.space.com › Science & Astronomy
Feb 27, 2014 - Scientists have calculated that Earth is 4.54 billion years old, with an error range of 50 million years.
0 Replies

KingReef

Fri 21 Sep, 2018 06:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
@KingReef,
We can both play that game. Definition of logic:
log·ic
ˈläjik/Submit
noun
reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
"experience is a better guide to this than deductive logic"
synonyms: reasoning, line of reasoning, rationale, argument, argumentation
"the logic of their argument"

I'm not sure what you are saying, maybe that you locked down all the "strict principles of validity" perfectly, maybe not. But if you arrived to the pinnacle of logical thought, congratulations!
bosstownmike

Fri 21 Sep, 2018 11:06 pm
@neologist,
Exactly! I've questioned the same since converting & becoming completely oppositional to the catholic church in the same week!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:40 pm
@KingReef,
Logic is,
Quote:
... strict principles of validity.
KingReef

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I told you about that. It's nice to see that it took hold.
cicerone imposter

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:42 pm
@KingReef,
You said,
Quote:
I'm not sure what you are saying, ...
0 Replies

daverod

Wed 3 Oct, 2018 12:41 am
@neologist,
It is important because an agreement, or contract, or Promise has to be 'agreed' upon by at least 2 members. The Trinity concept is important because of this.

Hebrews 6:18 "That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:"

Accountability can be another way of looking at it.

Besides, if God or The LORD, or (J)esus Christ were alone as 1, where would their Heavenly conversation be? They might be unable to communicate in their 'Knowledge and Understanding' for all of Eternity.
0 Replies

MadJW

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 11:43 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

The word 'trinity' does not appear in the bible. Why is it such an important belief? Question

----------------
SIMPLE! Jesus~

"Now this is eternal life: that they KNOW you, the ONLY true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."- John 17:3

The Catholic-Fabricated Trinity Dogma is the EXACT OPPOSITE, and is described by its creators as a "Sacred MYSTERY"!
0 Replies

MadJW

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 11:45 am
@neologist,
God is, never has, nor ever WILL be anyone's son, nor begotten by anyone.
There never was a 'God-the-Son'- a clever twisting of the biblical phrase, never was a Fetus-God, a Baby God, a Godboy, a Teen God, nor a Godman!

He is and always WILL be the ONLY true God.
cicerone imposter

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 12:34 pm
@MadJW,
Interesting article on Jesus and his parents and siblings. https://jamestabor.com/sorting-out-the-jesus-family-mother-fathers-brothers-and-sisters/
MadJW

Tue 1 Jan, 2019 08:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Why not post the parts you imagine relevant?