The Triune Travesty of Churchianity!

MadJW

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 11:21 am
Just TRY and find God, Christ, Prophet or Apostle teaching the crowds about ~

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Triune%20Polytheism/WhatsWrongWithThisPicture.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,154 • Replies: 18
No top replies

MadJW

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 11:55 am
@MadJW,
First, I must admit that I grew UP believing it, as a Catholic.
Never questioning it- yet COMPLETELY CONVINCED!

Then JWs came to my door!
I talked down to them bragging about my Church! I was a 100% churchoid!
(One who worships Church rather than God)

But they kept haunting me by saying something like "Mike, it doesn't matter what you think, or what we think- but what God SAYS! And THIS is what He said at-", and off into the Bible we went!

I prayed in desperation for help proving them wrong- asking friends, neighbors, and family for help in doing so. Even reading anti-JW books and church flyers!

NONE of it helped!
My Beloved Fantasy was fading quickly!
MadJW

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 11:57 am
@MadJW,
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Triune%20Polytheism/ChurchoidsDoorSmaller_zpsyxuzoz9g.jpg
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 12:04 pm
Who cares? Unless you've got a video where some god is describing his personal characteristics you're just criticizing people's adherence to stories made up by other people a long time ago. You don't have proof of any of this — you're just engaging in a type of literary criticism commonly applied to other works of fiction. Give it a rest.
thack45

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 04:14 pm
@hightor,
https://biblioklept-files-wordpress-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/biblioklept.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/larson.jpg
0 Replies

MadJW

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 08:50 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Who cares? Unless you've got a video where some god is describing his personal characteristics you're just criticizing people's adherence to stories made up by other people a long time ago. You don't have proof of any of this — you're just engaging in a type of literary criticism commonly applied to other works of fiction. Give it a rest.

THINKERS care- not atheists...
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Atheists/10523225_742081629171412_3163254926960386384_n_zpsvdhtloby.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 09:57 pm
pretty much how I feel about anyone who tries to push their religion on others

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49144865_1158821304282230_2209795231098863616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=33fd162af1d6c7de87bb8ed34102970e&oe=5CC9B7C5
hightor

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 03:50 am
@MadJW,
Who said anything about "atheism"? I'm talking about excessive literalism. Don't be so slavishly attached to old second-hand accounts of other people's dubious experiences. You don't need someone else's words to forge a personal relationship with a god; that's spiritual laziness.
MadJW

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 06:11 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Who said anything about "atheism"? I'm talking about excessive literalism. Don't be so slavishly attached to old second-hand accounts of other people's dubious experiences. You don't need someone else's words to forge a personal relationship with a god; that's spiritual laziness.

You're just ASSuming, Hightor.
Second hand or not, the insight and wisdom is beyond man's.
0 Replies

MadJW

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 06:12 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

pretty much how I feel about anyone who tries to push their religion on others

Who's doing THAT?
If you want the Bliss of Ignorance- more power TO you!
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 07:36 am
@hightor,
It is called documentary evidence. If you are ever charged with a crime, literalism could save you from a lot of misery.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 07:44 am
Is this a Jehovah's Witness commercial?
hightor

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 08:31 am
@McGentrix,
I've noticed that a lot of the JW critique of Establishment Christianism is pretty good. It's just that their own theology is equally deficient.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2021 07:23 am
@MadJW,
But he did talk about the Trinity. He said "I am in my Father, and my Father is in me." He also told the disciples about the Holy Spirit.

I find many of those who see this as some heresy are usually woefully ignorant on how it actually works.

It's a best guess anyway. The church doesn't understand the Trinity because they aren't supposed to as humans. But the best guess is enough to believe in a general idea of it.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2021 07:33 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Ah nvm, this is about what JWs think about Trinity. I have no stake in that.
TruthMatters

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 01:30 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
But he did talk about the Trinity. He said "I am in my Father, and my Father is in me." He also told the disciples about the Holy Spirit.
It's a best guess anyway. some heresy are usually woefully ignorant on how it actually works.because they aren't supposed to as humans. But the best guess is enough to believe in a general idea of it.
You say " some heresy are usually woefully ignorant on how it actually works", and that " some heresy are usually woefully ignorant on how it actually works". You can't understand something that is completley FALSE.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 02:54 pm
@TruthMatters,
You said yourself...
Quote:
He said God would be in his disciples (John 17), he also told them they would be filled with the spirit. You get the Trinity out of THAT?

Yes, most people would get a Trinity out of that.

God (the Father), Spirit, and Jesus. That makes a Trinity.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 03:33 pm
@MadJW,
Jesus is way too white.

It’s racist.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 07:14 pm
@izzythepush,
You need to check out Black Jesus.

https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/black-jesus-portrait-v-ramon-martinez.jpg
0 Replies