John 1-1

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 09:31 pm
JOHN 1-1 through 14
John 1:1-14

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word of God is the power of God--Let there be light and there was light.

2 He was in the beginning with God.

Jesus watched God use His power.

3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

God made or created all things for Jesus.Through means reason for.

4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

In Jesus was the Words of life, from God.

5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Jesus came to share them words with the whole world.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

John the Baptist, came first to tell people of Jesus' coming.

7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.

Jesus came for a witness of the Words of life.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

Jesus was not the words, but was sent to bear witness of the words.

9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

these words are the true light which will deliver every man.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

Jesus was in the world, and the world was made for Him. And no one knew it.

11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.

He came first to the Jews and they rejected Him.

12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

But the Gentiles believed Him, so He gave them the right to become children of God.

13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

God blinded the Jews and opened the eyes of the Gentiles.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
And the Word became power over the flesh.

And the Word of God began to work in the life of the Gentiles. And people seen it working. And they glorified God for sending the Word(power) that would change peoples lives.
John 1:15-18
15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.'"

John bore witness of Jesus coming.

16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.

We receive grace by believing Jesus for the grace that He received.

17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

The Word that is full of grace and truth came through Jesus from God.

18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
(NKJ)

No one has seen God, so Jesus couldnt be God because they seen Him. But Jesus has declared who God is because of Gods Word.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,617 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 09:32 pm
@Squeakybro,
John 20-28
said
Where do you come up with this stuff??? Thomas knew that God was in Christ. And Thomas was addressing both of them. And so that He wouldn't be rude by leaving one or the other un addressed. He addressed both of them. My Lord Jesus, and also my God the Father.

John 20:28
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 09:33 pm
@Squeakybro,
1 Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory.
(NKJ)
God was manifested(made known to us by Jesus) that God was in Christ. Justified in the Spirit because God is Spirit. Seen by angels because angels can see Him we cant. Preached among the Gentiles by Jesus and the apostles. Believed on in the world because of all the evidence. Received up in glory because He kept Jesus from sinning.

Answer
You should read these verses very carefully.
Whoever confesses that Jesus is the "Son of God" God abides in him. The Spirit gave me all these verses to help you understand the verse you posted.
I Jn 4:9-15
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
(NKJ)
2 Cor 5:18-19
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)
John 17:5-7
5 "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
6 "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
7 "Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You.
(NKJ)

John 14:10-11
10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
(NKJ)

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 09:35 pm
@Squeakybro,
Titus 2-13

Titus 2:13
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
(NKJ)

Titus 2:11-12
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
(NKJ)

1 Cor 8:6-7
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled.
(NKJ)

Jude 1:4
4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

John 14:10-11
10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
(NKJ)

John 7:38-39
38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
(NKJ)

Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
(NKJ)

Luke 6:46-49
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
47 "Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
48 "He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.
49 "But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great."
(NKJ)

Luke 13:24-27
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
25 "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'
26 "then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
27 "But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
(NKJ)

Rom 9:1-8
1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,
2 that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart.
3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh,
4 who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises;
5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.
6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel,
7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, "In Isaac your seed shall be called."
8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.
(NKJ)
XXX Everyone knew that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. And that God was doing all the works.

(NKJ)
then God left Jesus to die on the cross alone.

Matt 27:46
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)
Now knowing that how do they just address one of them without insulting the other? They address them both together.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 11:07 pm
@Squeakybro,
Somewhere in this tangle, you appear to be saying that Jesus is not God.
Good for you.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 07:03 am
@neologist,
Its nice to see you can discern correctly. What is your opinion on the deity thread?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 09:53 pm
@Squeakybro,
ROM 9-1,5

Paul is speaking of how grief and great sorrow has filled his heart. Over the fathers in the past who worship in the flesh. And believe that Jesus is God. When He isnt. He is so sorrowful in his own flesh that he could wish himself accursed from Christ for his brethren. After all his witnessing they still believe Jesus is the eternally blessed God. He is thinking that the Word he has been preaching has taken no affect. But he knows that these are the children of the flesh. Which are not the children of God yet.

Rom 9:1-8
1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,
2 that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart.
3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh,
4 who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises;
5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.
6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel,
7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, "In Isaac your seed shall be called."
8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.
(NKJ)
0 Replies

MadJW

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2018 11:53 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

John 20-28
said
Where do you come up with this stuff??? Thomas knew that God was in Christ. And Thomas was addressing both of them. And so that He wouldn't be rude by leaving one or the other un addressed. He addressed both of them. My Lord Jesus, and also my God the Father.

John 20:28
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

--------------------------------
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Triune%20Polytheism/Thomas.jpg
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 02:11 pm
Some people dont want to know the truth because they are so brainwashed by their tradition.

New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1977 Edition, Vol. 13, p. 1021 -- The first use of the Latin word "trinitas" (trinity) with reference to God, is found in Tertulian's writings (about 213 A.D.) He was the first to use the term "persons" (plural) in a Trinitarian context.

Encyclopedia Americana, 1957 Edition, Vol. 27, p. 69 -- The word "Trinity" is not in Scripture. The term "persons" (plural) is not applied in Scripture to the Trinity.

World Book Encyclopedia, 1984 Edition, Vol. T, p. 363 -- Belief in Father, Son and Holy Ghost was first defined by the earliest general council of churches. This was the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D.

New International Encyclopedia, Vol. 22 p. 476 -- The Catholic faith is this; We worship one God in Trinity, but there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son and another of the Holy Ghost. The Glory equal -- the Majesty co-eternal. The doctrine is not found in its fully developed form in the Scriptures. Modern theology does not seek to find it in the Old Testament. At the time of the Reformation the Protestant Church took over the doctrine of the Trinity without serious examination.

Life Magazine, October 30, 1950, Vol. 29, No. 18, p. 51 -- The Catholics made this statement concerning their doctrine of the Trinity, to defend the dogma of the assumption of Mary, in an article written by Graham Greene: "Our opponents sometimes claim that no belief should be held dogmatically which is not explicitly stated in Scripture ... But the PROTESTANT CHURCHES have themselves accepted such dogmas as THE TRINITY, for which there is NO SUCH PRECISE AUTHORITY In the Gospels."
0 Replies

TruthMatters

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2021 12:15 pm
Trinitarian 1:1- In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with Jesus, and Jesus was Jesus.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2021 02:14 am
@TruthMatters,
Quote:
Trinitarian 1:1- In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with Jesus, and Jesus was Jesus.

What bible you bin readin mate?
TruthMatters

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 01:24 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:

What bible you bin readin mate?

Churchianity's Translation of the Bible
0 Replies