22

If Jesus is God, how is he called God's only begotten son?

neologist

1  
Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:17 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
The word "godhead" is not found in scripture. But this verse is demonstrating three separate persons under one godhead.

1 John 5:7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The "Word" is the Son of God, Jesus Christ.
Note Jesus' request about his disciples:
I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. - John 17: 22
So, according to your logic, the disciples are united with the other three in a quadrinity, er, quadrilateral. er, what???
Or would you say all disciples are part of a disciplehead?

neologist

1  
Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:21 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
The Church of JW's teach the Holy Trinity.
I've been here over 40 years. I can assure you these things are not taught
Trinity
Hell Fire
Immortal Soul

daverod

0  
Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 10:01 pm
@neologist,

Because Jesus was God's Only One who became flesh as man and as all other 'sons of men'. God's Only Begotten Son because Jesus took on flesh from a 'fleshless' state..
Krumple

1  
Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 11:35 pm
@daverod,
daverod wrote:

More gobbledygook.

Flesh? A derogatory term usually for Christians to keep reiterating the idea that this life is garbage and you should instead favor an idea that you can't possibly know is real instead.

A perfect god needs to come up with a plan to set right the ways of man because he didn't foresee this whole mess happening before it happened or else could have gone about it differently?

All knowing yet doesn't know events are going to turn out unfavorable to him so he reacts like a brat child. "I don't like these humans so I'm going to drown everything." Then realized after this plan that he messed up and needs to promise never to drown humans again?

It's all made up human garbage meant for one purpose to keep the dumb in line from becoming assholes.

kk4mds

1  
Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:35 am
The Lord our G-d, the Lord is one.
We are all children of G-d. No person is closer to G-d than any other. Anyway, the deification of a person is idolatry, which is strictly forbidden in the Second Commandment.

1  
Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 03:45 pm
@kk4mds,
We are all children of G-d.

Excuse me! I know a little bit about biology, and it was my parents responsible for my life.

"....all children of god" is an oxymoron. Many die in the womb or at birth. They did not commit any sin. They are totally innocent. However, god have allowed sinners and killers to live knowing they will commit murder or other crimes.

There is no such thing as a god. Many gods have been created by many men in many cultures and many countries over thousands of years.

The christian god is a god-come-lately.

Here's one theory:

Jon Pennington
Jon Pennington, I'm history, and so are you.
Answered Aug 16, 2015
The oldest evidence of a human religion that worshipped a supernatural deity is the Löwenmensch figurine, a half-human, half-lion sculpture made approximately 40,000 years ago, originally excavated from a German cave in 1939. A relic of the Aurignacian culture, the figurine is likely the totem of a prehistoric ancestor cult with animist beliefs. The half-human, half-lion form of the figurine is most likely a reflection of the belief that ancestor spirits dwelled in the bodies of European cave lions, an animal that went extinct about 12,000 years ago.

Source: "Lion Man", the oldest statuette with a combination man-animal
17k Views · 14 Upvotes
Upvote14

MethSaferThanTHC

-1  
Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 05:16 am
@neologist,
As sinners God gives us a choice: rebel or be God's adopted son/daughter.
(re:'adopted and await citizenship into heaven'/Phil 3:20)