If Jesus is God, how is he called God's only begotten son?

Enaj

Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:38 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Quote:
You all just don't believe that He rose again of Himself-

Do you accept these verses....for what they actually do say?

Hebrews 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, …

Acts 2:24
But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

Ephesians 2:6
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Acts 2:32
God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it.

1 Corinthians 6:14

Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power.

Acts 3:15

but put to death the Prince of life, the one whom God raised from the dead, a fact to which we are witnesses.

Acts 3:26

"For you first, God raised up His Servant and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways."
worldtraveler24

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 09:20 am
@Enaj,
Yes, I accept all and agree with all! It is not a matter of disagreement it is a matter of who Jesus is, this is where we differ. When the scripture uses the word God it is referring to the Eternal Spirit--you cannot divide GOD- HE IS ONE. Paul was talking about the Lord Jesus Christ as the flesh since they all knew Him in the body. God inhabited the body of Jesus Christ and therefore Jesus was GOD...Jesus was the ONLY BEGOTTON SON--you say that we are all sons of God and we are but Jesus was the only son that God sired. All of the rest of us were created. Think about it!
Romeo Fabulini

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 09:31 am
Quote:
Glujohn said: If Jesus could be "resurrected", why was there a need to have the stone rolled away? Why couldnt he go right thru the cave? I mean the guy walked on water didnt he?

It had to be rolled away so that when news got around that he'd been seen out and about, people would be able to freely go and look in the cave to check he really had gone..

0 Replies

neologist

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 10:14 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
. . . God inhabited the body of Jesus Christ and therefore Jesus was GOD... . ..
No. Jesus inhabited the body of Jesus. Jesus existed alongside his father from the time he became the first creation.
Quote:
22 Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago. 23 From ancient times I was installed, From the start, from times earlier than the earth. (Proverbs 8:22, 23)
Here's something more to think about: As one of God's creatures, Jesus is also an angel, God's principal angel, in fact, the archangel. As such, he also bears the name . . .

Michael, which means "who is like God"
worldtraveler24

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:15 pm
@neologist,
SO, now you make me think you believe as the Mormons do. I can appreciate that But Jesus is far more than just an Angel--He is the LORD OF HOSTS. As you stated earlier, THE WORD was in the beginning --which became flesh which was Jesus--how can you separate the Spirit that was in Jesus from the Eternal Spirit? Are there two spirits in heaven?
farmerman

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:17 pm
@worldtraveler24,
I could never figger out ,'whats a host?"
Romeo Fabulini

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:38 pm
Quote:
WorldTraveller said to Neologist: SO, now you make me think you believe as the Mormons do..

No, Neologist is a Jehovah's Witness and he's giving us their views.
I've told him before that he should tell us straight out in his profile that he's a JW, but I think he's too shy to say..Wink
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:42 pm
Quote:
Farmerman asked: I could never figger out ,'whats a host?"

A crowd or assembly, a bit like my host of fans all over internet-land who enjoy seeing me strut my superhuman wit and intellect on message boards and forums.Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/audience_zps5244042b.jpg~original
worldtraveler24

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:52 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
you all are too much!

Now I understand Neo's point of view--that is what I thought originally but then when he said Jesus is really an angel I thought of the Mormons--now I understand his philosophy on Job and Provebs .
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 02:38 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

SO, now you make me think you believe as the Mormons do. I can appreciate that But Jesus is far more than just an Angel--He is the LORD OF HOSTS. As you stated earlier, THE WORD was in the beginning --which became flesh which was Jesus--how can you separate the Spirit that was in Jesus from the Eternal Spirit? Are there two spirits in heaven?

The Mormons don't think that Jesus is an angel. They think that Jesus and Jehovah are one being; Elohim, the Father is another; and the Holy Spirit yet another.
worldtraveler24

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 02:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
ah,

As I am not Mormon I was not aware of that. Thanks for the insight! And where does Brigham Young fit into this picture?
Enaj

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 03:11 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Quote:
He rose again of Himself-

You accept the verses that I gave? Yet, you said he rose again of Himself? It doesn't seem to me that you have. Where does it say the above that you stated?

It was God who resurrected Jesus. And I showed this by those verses.

I agree that God is One that he can not be divided, yet if God is Jesus and Jesus is God, then God has been divided while Jesus was on earth, unless God was nowhere else while Jesus was on earth. Either Jesus is God or he is the Son of God it isn't both as then he is divided. And that is polytheism, there being at least two gods.

Also God does not sire, he is a spirit. To sire a child one must be of a fleshly or tangible body. There is a verse that say when we will be like the angels, in that like them we will not be given in marriage; this means that we will not bear children as the angels don't, and being that those in spirit bodies do not bear children and God is spirit there is no reason whatever to think that God sired a son. Do you really think that he had s-x with Jesus' mother? If Jesus is the Almighty God, then do you think that Jesus had s-x with his own mother? and therefore fathered himself? You may say no no that is not the way it is, but truthfully it is when claiming that Jesus is God. The bible isn't that confusing, so any doctrinal theories that are that confusing, are incorrect since God is not a God of confusion.

0 Replies

Enaj

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 03:18 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler....if you want to know what the Mormons believe on this that InfraBlue said, I think you should go to their official site, as most are wrong when they say the Mormons believe this or the Mormons believe that.
InfraBlue

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 07:08 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

worldtraveler....if you want to know what the Mormons believe on this that InfraBlue said, I think you should go to their official site, as most are wrong when they say the Mormons believe this or the Mormons believe that.

Here you go, Jehovah.
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 09:47 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I could never figger out ,'whats a host?"
Army
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Fri 20 Jun, 2014 07:33 am
thanks for that suggestion I would agree that would make more sense than making assumptions. Aren't they from another planet? Smile
Enaj

Fri 20 Jun, 2014 01:18 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Quote:
Aren't they from another planet? Smile

And your meaning would be???
worldtraveler24

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 09:19 am
@Enaj,
The Morm0n belief is:

1 - God was once a man who lived on another planet

This is the most important teaching of Mormonism. Nothing else comes close to it. We believe that God was once a mortal man on another planet who progressed by living in obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel he had on his world, then he died. He became a resurrected man and evolved to become a god. He is still married now (some early leaders say he is a polygamist) and created this world. We worship only the one true god, which is really one god among millions or billions or more. We believe that we will follow in God's footsteps by becoming perfect and we too will become Gods and Goddesses creating spirit children and peopling other worlds.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 11:37 am
Hey WorldTraveller are you saying you're a mormon?
If so, can you point us to any Bible passages that support their beliefs?
neologist

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 12:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Hey WorldTraveller are you saying you're a mormon?
If so, can you point us to any Bible passages that support their beliefs?
I'm not sure that's what he was saying. But I sure would like to see the explanation . . . . .using only the Bible, that is.