If Jesus is God, how is he called God's only begotten son?

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 03:45 am
Quote:
Krumple said: Paul self proclaimed himself the head authority. I am not making this up, biblical scholars say this same thing

We don't need to be "scholars" to read Paul's own words in the New T, he spoke plainly enough.
He was a guy who'd spoken with the risen Jesus which automatically made people look up to him.
But like I said, he was still modest and had to remind them to follow Jesus, not to follow him.
He also said that although he considered himself a good guy, only God knows if he or any of us shape up. (1 Cor 4:3)

Incidentally some people were disappointed that he wasn't a big strapping Charlton Heston type, and said of him-
"his letters are weighty and powerful, but his appearance is unimpressive, and he speaks poorly" (2 Cor 10:10)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 03:55 am
Quote:
McTag said: Aren't Christians a bit arrogant?
I've just had some Jehovah's Witnesses at the door. They don't agree with the catholics, who disagree with the protestants.
They can't all be right. But they can all be wrong.

Jesus said -"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10),
and people quickly realised they nust stay focussed on HIM-
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2)

Jesus told us people are like trees, and that if their fruit is rotten, it means the people are rotten.
The doctrines of many religions and cults don't follow Jesus and are rotten to the core, that's how we can tell they're wrong..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/way-madmaxRomeo_zps01ae368c.gif~original
Krumple

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 04:59 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Jesus told us people are like trees, and that if their fruit is rotten, it means the people are rotten.

Are you pretending to be a dumbass or are you a complete dumbass? It has to be one of those two. Any other option is bullshit.

You can't even understand a simple metaphor?

Fruit isn't about the person. That is like saying a tree is rotten. Dumbshit. The tree isn't rotten, the fruit is. What is fruit? It is wisdom. He is referring to their belief in god. It is bullshit anyways because it is nothing more than cult programming. You have fallen for it hook line and sinker. Unable to actually use reason or logical thinking. A mind slave.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 02:12 am
Quote:
Romeo said: Jesus told us people are like trees, and that if their fruit is rotten, it means the people are rotten.
Krumple asked: Are you pretending to be a dumbass or are you a complete dumbass?

What are you trying to say mate, come on spit it out..Smile
Jesus was telling us that no matter how goody two-shoes somebody might appear to be on the outside, it's what they say and do that reveals their true character.
For example most members of organised religions and cults look like decent respectable people, yet their beliefs are totally screwball!
For example I once invited a sweet young lady for tea, but it turned out she was a Rapturist, boy was she soon out on her butt..Smile
Another time I was chatting to a gorgeous mature woman but she turned out to be a Spiritualist, so I made some excuse to walk off !

But relax, they can't get under Jesus's radar no matter how good they look on the outside-
"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)
Krumple

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 02:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said: Jesus told us people are like trees, and that if their fruit is rotten, it means the people are rotten.
Krumple asked: Are you pretending to be a dumbass or are you a complete dumbass?

What are you trying to say mate, come on spit it out..Smile
Jesus was telling us that no matter how goody two-shoes somebody might appear to be on the outside, it's what they say and do that reveals their true character.
For example most members of organised religions and cults look like decent respectable people, yet their beliefs are totally screwball!
For example I once invited a sweet young lady for tea, but it turned out she was a Rapturist, boy was she soon out on her butt..Smile
Another time I was chatting to a gorgeous mature woman but she turned out to be a Spiritualist, so I made some excuse to walk off !

But relax, they can't get under Jesus's radar no matter how good they look on the outside-
"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

Well thankfully for them they didn't get involved with a nut case like you..
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 02:39 am
Hey Krumple I see in your profile that you live in Seattle, congrats to you and your mates for taking it off that heathen Chief Seattle and squatting on his land..Smile

WIKI- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Seattle
Krumple

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 02:44 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Hey Krumple I see in your profile that you live in Seattle, congrats to you and your mates for taking it off that heathen Chief Seattle and squatting on his land..Smile

WIKI- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Seattle

You are evidence that there is no god. But if there is, it should be so ashamed to have created a person like you. I mean can you get any more dysfunctional? God should be embarrassed that you exist.
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 03:01 am
If it wasn't for people like Krumple conquering the indians and settling on their lands, Americans would still be living in wigwams..Smile
Gary Cooper taking Florida off the Seminoles in 'Distant Drums'-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/dist-drums_zps76f9ed2f.jpg~original
Smileyrius

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 04:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo, that's not very Christian dude.
anonymously99

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 05:04 am
@Smileyrius,
God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus Christ are older than all of us.
0 Replies

McTag

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,

Quote:
most members of organised religions and cults look like decent respectable people, yet their beliefs are totally screwball!

Not much to disagree with there.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 09:49 am
@Krumple,
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 09:59 am
Quote:
Smileyrius said: Romeo, that's not very Christian dude.

Tell Gary Cooper not me..Smile
Germlat

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 03:20 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Putting on the Ritz...Christians are no different in ego. Thanks for sharing . Vanity eludes nobody.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 03:47 pm
Quote:
Germlat said: Putting on the Ritz...Christians are no different in ego. Thanks for sharing . Vanity eludes nobody.

True Christians can't HELP but think they're the cat's whiskers..Smile

Jesus said- "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven" (Matt 5:16)

"As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine" (2 Cor 11:10)

"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."(1 Cor 1:31)

Jesus said "I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/gods-dna-church-sml_zpsd267b622.jpg~original

"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)

Romeo Fabulini
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger2_zps8e311a2c.jpg~original
Germlat

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 04:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Thanks for the affirmation.
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 04:52 pm
@Germlat,
Check out these Christians, they have a cool calm fearless confidence in their eyes that can be mistaken for arrogance.
Like I said, true Christians can't HELP but be super-confident, they're God's own children..Smile
“I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:14-18)

"My Christian faith has been such a backbone through so many difficult times. For me Christianity is about being strengthened"- Bear Grylls
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/b-grrylls.gif

"God makes His reality so obvious to us in His creation and in the little mini-miracles that happen everyday"- Becky St. James
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/chr-wom3_zps84bd548a.jpg~original

"To look out at this kind of creation out here and not believe in God is to me impossible, it just strengthens my faith"- John Glenn
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/John-Glenn_zps2f7c8414.jpg~original
neologist

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 05:35 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Check out these Christians . . .
Something I've been meaning to ask, Romeo. If any of these christians believe in the trinity, are they still acceptable to God? Still christian?
0 Replies

Germlat

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I doubt a person mature in the christian faith would be so arrogant as to say they are "super confident." Then there's Pat Robertson...perhaps you're a fan.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:17 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: Something I've been meaning to ask, Romeo. If any of these christians believe in the trinity, are they still acceptable to God? Still christian?

Only God knows whether he finds the trinity doctrine offensive. Personally I don't attach any importance to it, it's just something cooked up by mostly catholics.

Quote:
Germlat said:@RF- I doubt a person mature in the christian faith would be so arrogant as to say they are "super confident." Then there's Pat Robertson...perhaps you're a fan.

I think I've vaguely heard of him, does he play for the Dallas Cowboys?
As for confidence, like I said before, Christians can't HELP but be superkool..Smile
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of selfdiscipline" (2 Tim 1:7)