If Jesus is God, how is he called God's only begotten son?

anonymously99

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
When god spoke to the writers of the bible, he got confused from all the contradictions he quoted. Mary provided the virgin birth who was impregnated by god to give birth to himself/herself/itself. Logic anyone?

Aliens. How else could you explain such miraculous abilities. I don't know. God. To define God. 
God [god] —noun
the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.
the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute: the God of Islam.
(lowercase) one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.
(often lowercase) a supreme being according to some particular conception: the god of mercy.
Christian Science. the Supreme Being, understood as Life, Truth, Love, Mind, Soul, Spirit, Principle.
(lowercase) an image of a deity; an idol.
(lowercase) any deified person or object.
(often lowercase) Gods, Theater.
the upper balcony in a theater.
the spectators in this part of the balcony.

Maybe instead of referring God to an alien I shall refer to him as a spirit.
anonymously99

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:14 am
@anonymously99,
For those who seem to be jealous of God, Jesus Christ, since you don't believe in them you claim atheist, and whatever else there is to make the statement of being against them, who are obviously jealous of the president of the united states of America, really any leaders,.... are you jealous of your parents to for they having been your parents? Who were supposed to lead you onto the right path in life, guide you until you were able to make it on your own... say you didn't have such parents to do as mentioned. So surely you're not jealous of them. Why should you be jealous of God, Jesus Christ, leaders of any sort. You shouldn't be. Jealous.

But. You do have the right to accept or not. Your business. You do as you wish. I'm not trying to pry nor push anything off on anyone.

Has to be a reason for non believers to not believe in them. God, Jesus. Leaders. I can only come up with jealousy being the reason. Or maybe ignorance. Or both. Or something I'm not mentioning. I don't know.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:55 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Since most of us aren't versed in the original languages of the bible, we, this includes you as evidenced by your gloss above, rely on the opinions of others. If the authorities' opinions are confused, what does that tell you about the texts they're translating?
I can't give you any formula for finding the truth that surpasses this:
Quote:
(Proverbs 2:4, 5) . . .if you keep seeking for it as for silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it, 5 in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the very knowledge of God.
My skepticism borders on pathology. I have to work at it.
But I did, about 40 years ago, reach a point where I put my trust in what I was learning from the Watchtower Society. That is not to say that I don't regularly follow this advice as well:
Quote:
(2 Corinthians 13:5) . . .Keep testing whether YOU are in the faith. . .
I have had many questions. So far, I have found answers to all.
anonymously99

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:19 am
@neologist,
One must have patience. Or one will be disappointed.
0 Replies

McTag

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 06:27 am

Have you noticed that Jesus rhymes with Schmesus?
neologist

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 06:59 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Have you noticed that Jesus rhymes with Schmesus?
Have you noticed that McTag rhymes with airbag? Laughing
McTag

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 07:48 am
@neologist,
Not very well, but quite funny anyway. Smile
neologist

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:08 am
@McTag,
So many other things came to mind, I just had to stay away from Laughing
BTW, I believe Jesus and his father have a sense of humor. A fact emphasized each time I look in the mirror.
neologist

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Lately, you seem more angry than I remember. Is all OK?
McTag

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:44 am
@neologist,

Quote:
So many other things came to mind, I just had to stay away from.

Un-Christian thoughts, you mean?
edgarblythe

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:03 pm
@neologist,
Not angry. Just tired of so much ignorance.
neologist

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:23 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Un-Christian thoughts, you mean?
Moi? Shocked
Mostly snarly.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hardly consider myself intellectually deficient.
In fact, many on the atheist threads are flat out stooped.
Never categorized you as such, of course.

So, what do you mean by ignorance?
InfraBlue

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:12 pm
@neologist,
So, you quote a passage of the Bible to confirm the truth of the Bible, and you put trust in the confused opinions of the Watchtower Society. Understood.
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 05:47 pm
Quote:
Edgar said: Not angry. Just tired of so much ignorance.

You admitted in another thread that you once ripped up a Bible mate, that's the way to go if you want to stay ignorant!
You've got half A2K on ignore but it don't seem to be doing you much good. You can run from members you don't like but you can't run from your own personal demons..Wink
Enaj

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 06:14 pm
@neologist,
Probably all those that do not agree with him.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 06:21 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
So, you quote a passage of the Bible to confirm the truth of the Bible, and you put trust in the confused opinions of the Watchtower Society. Understood.
Apparently incorrectly understood.
Could be my faulty exegesis. . .
Could be. . . .
InfraBlue

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 09:14 pm
@neologist,
Uh-huh...
0 Replies

anonymously99

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Shocked
anonymously99

Tue 25 Mar, 2014 06:09 am
@anonymously99,
Who or what is God? 

You are asking the question that every person upon their journeys who ever encounters the word God will ask. God is each and every item, each and every animal, each and every rock and tree, each and every individual being. God is in everything and everyone. The connection and the journey of you as humans is to begin to understand that God is this force of energy that is in everything and that you all are. As you move in your spiritual connection, you move closer and closer to this energy of totalness of everybody. Everything on earth is just an individualized expression of who God is but the actions that individuals take are not who God is. That is the actions of the ego and personality of the individuals. As an individual crosses over once again into the spirit world they are part of the oneness that they feel more and more. It can be just the connection with the oneness of their spirit family that they have and as a group that is often the case. There is a non-individual but a oneness within. What is the origin of our Creator/God?
If any of us both in spirit form or human form knew that answer, then we would be higher than God. We do not have an answer for you, just to know in your heart that the Creator has always been and always will be.
Can one visualize God?
One can visualize God every second of their life for you are a living individualized form of God. You can see God in babies, in children, in flowers, in the beauty of your worlds, in the love of two people together. All you have to be willing to do is to look and use your eyes from love and compassion and you will see the passion with which God has created all things. And you are one of all those things, being an extension of God.
Does God evolve as events take place in the universe and the spiritual world and as highly-evolved spirits are integrated into the oneness?
Spirits are already part of the oneness just as every human being on your earth and every being from other home base planets. Does God evolve? Again it is the question--where did the Creator come from? If we knew if God evolved, He/She/It is always pleased with the raising of consciousness of each individual upon your planet earth. But know that as you evolve you are moving closer to the Creator and as you evolve you see the evolution in your own consciousness and know that you are moving closer to the Creator. We know as individual beings that when we do things as children to please our parents the love evolves into another level. We know that every time we receive love, we receive understanding, we receive support at a level of raising our consciousness that we are being more God-like and we continue that evolution throughout all lifetimes.Will the entire creation of God--including all the spirits, all the heavenly realms, all the physical worlds--ultimately be replaced by a new Creator and creation, just as new leaves replace old?
No. There is one Creator and one Creator only. The souls will stay. There will be no change that we know of as you are talking about.What is the evidence for the existence of God?
We would say that you are the evidence for the existence of God. Everything around you is the evidence of the existence of God the Creator. The evidence of the love, of the generosity, of the compassion, of the forgiveness--all of these are evidence that there is God and that you are God. For as you begin to experience this compassion, as you begin to experience this love, as you begin to experience this forgiveness, you are moving in with the energies of the Creator and as you begin to experience this and understand this more in your life you then move more and more into the knowingness of the Creator and understand that all is evidence of the Creator.
When a spirit reaches a high state of oneness with God, is its personality equivalent to being dissolved into a common pool?
We tend to want to chuckle with this statement for you on earth are all so afraid of losing your own individuality and your own personality and feel that if you move into this oneness you are no longer you. But you are the oneness and in the spirit world you do not have the ego personality that you have on earth. You are a vibrating form of energy that moves more into the knowingness of what your oneness means, into knowing that you too are all that is.

Evil in heaven

Could there be spirits that are evil?
The Creator never creates an imperfect creation, whether it be man or animal. You are moving into areas that are beyond what you see in three dimensions. You are moving into levels of spirituality of the Creator itself. The Creator never creates any imperfection. All are born at the same time with equality. The circumstances that a soul is born and moves into, whether it be in earth or other parts of the universe, are events which will alter its consciousness. It can move into extreme negative energies and experiences that will create the impression that it is a bad individual, a bad seed of a child. This individual, regardless of what they have done in their past or current experience, has the opportunity and choice to move out of those negative energy fields, and to move from a dark experience into a lighter experience. Every individual experiences a darker and a lighter side of life in every experience they have. It is their choice of what they choose to remain in or how they choose to move forward. Every individual makes the choice prior to their three-dimensional or universal experience of what their current incarnation will be. It is agreed upon before that incarnation takes place but they are given choices in that incarnation to move into the light and into goodness and love. Sometimes they do not choose to do that so that when they cross over into the spirit world again they must experience as everyone does all the events that have taken place. As on earth they have a choice to move into a higher consciousness and work through those lessons at a much different level than they were on earth. Many individuals cannot move from that darkness or are not willing to move to do the work as they were not willing on earth. So what you would see as an impure spirit is one that is trying to move through those dark shadows and those dark energies. It does not mean that they are evil and that they will create evil spiritual experiences for other spirits but they might choose never to move out of the darkness they are living in.I'm going to read one description of the afterlife that has been put forward and I'd like to get your judgment as to whether or not this is accurate: " Evil people, instead of experiencing the tunnel and bright light upon death, are sent through what has been called the "Left Door" and enter into an abyss of empty, joyless, nothingness for a brief period of time. After they have reflected upon their actions, they are reincarnated back to earth." Does that correspond to the reality for evil people?God does not distinguish between what you on earth call good people and evil people, persons whose actions have brought about pain and fear. When those spirits cross over they are going to experience all of that in any form just as any other person would crossing over. Your life review is the place where you will see and feel all the pain that you have created upon the earth, all the hatred you have created on earth. You will observe all of these things in your life review for you are not yet totally detached from the human being part of you until you have completely gone through this life review and experience everything that you have ever done to anyone and everyone and know what they have experienced because of you.
And thus the experience I read is not accurate?
This is correct. For this person will be going through their own grave, dark feelings when they observe what they have done to other individuals as well as the good things that have happened in their life and the good that they have done for others.

Existence of the devil and Lucifer

Does the devil actually exist as an active enemy of God and associated with that, does Lucifer exist and if so what is his role in heaven?
Yes--Lucifer exists but Lucifer exists in the thought process that one lives on a daily basis in their lives. In the spirit process, no. Lucifer does not live except for the fact of how and where you are consciously placing your thoughts and experiencing events as you do. You create the image of a devil without understanding that the energies that you choose to be a part of on earth are the same energies that you would be experiencing as a spirit. So if your involvement in life consists of a devil or a Lucifer you will find that in the spirit world, though you have been told in pictures this evil energy and form, it is only within yourself that it truly exists and you will then have the ability to remove that negative energy from yourself and ask for forgiveness and the ability to move forward.

http://www.thespiritguides.co.uk/Article_The_After_Life_556.aspx
0 Replies