Older men and younger women.

Jack Webbs

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 01:34 am
And Ellpus, your daily routine illustrates you lead a very dull life, probably have chronic intestinal "runs" and are quick to make false assumptions on fanciful information. Cool
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 01:44 am
Yes, you're very perceptive, Jack. If you did some research on me, you will find that I have undergone some pretty major stomach surgery.

Still, I managed to keep my sense of humour and thank whoever it is up there that I don't have any axe to grind.

My life is goooood, thanks.

Life deals out sh*t to everyone, in one form or another, Jack.

Alas, it affects some people more than others.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:59 pm
Ah the poor thing left a message on the machine and then another note.

No, very hard to do but I laid it out in the last message. Enough said to her, I'll just have to force myself to ignore her pleas. That's all there is to it.

Tough love is hard for me to do but in the long run it is the only humane way.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:06 pm
Jack Webbs wrote:
It takes all kinds to make a world and everyone doesn't have to be like you Ellpus.

Sad state of affairs that people aren't more like him and we have to put up with people like you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:07 pm
Jack Webbs wrote:

I am an intelligent man

HA! You show it.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:04 pm
Ah, what an old softie. I guess I'm weakening. I let her know I'm willing to come down but no more complications. She's got to bear in mind I could just as easily have ignored her and she never would have known what became of me.

I guess it's the old Christmas Season bringing good tidings and my goodwill. Cool
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:22 pm
I have a theory that Jack Webbs is actually Gargamel in disguise, posting these things to get a reaction. It would be just like him.

Maybe it's not Gargamel. Maybe it's Gus or someone else. Since he made the comment about the woman in menopause being "ill" though, I find it difficult to believe Jack is an actual person. It's just a little too over-the-top.

He is funny though, isn't he!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:26 pm
jack, just put your foot down and don't see the woman anymore. she'll be better off.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:46 pm
Usually I avoid these threads becaue they are inane and worthless, but you are the most self-involved creature I've ever read. I feel so sorry for you and yet I also feel that you need to be taken out and shot just to put you out of your misery and to rid the world, especially the world's women of a nasty, distasteful old fart. But you don't see it do you?

Isn't there a mental condition that this behavior falls under? What about the definition of insanity: a person who continues with the same behavior but each time expects different results?

This is so sad and so disguting at the same time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:49 pm
I stand by my theory that JW is a woman in Massachusetts.
Who is the kind of woman JW claims to be looking for.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:18 pm
You people, just some of you, have no idea how it is to feel genuinely human. I would love to take Nancy Pelosi in my arms right now and give her a deep kiss. I know she doesn't mean to stir up things but at times she can't help herself.

Basically, and lucky for them, I sort of view women in general as little girls. Little girls grow older, they just never grow up. This is what life is all about from the point of a manly man like me.

Providing everything appears nice about the girl or woman it is far more to my advantage to make a little allowance here, there, anywhere for long term gains. This is why in this case I am willing to go out on a limb.

After all what do I have to lose? What's a little bruised ego to me when I have so much of it to spare?

A true, American, manly-man knows best and I have never been afraid to venture where angels fear to tread. Not then, not now, not ever. Cool
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:21 pm
manly man....please don't say it again or i'll have to laugh in your face. is that why you're seeking insecure, vulnerable, hurt women? please. you sound like someone with no self esteem that is looking to gain some through playing power plays with vulnerable people. ack.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:33 pm
I've wondered for what seems a year if Jack Webbs is a construct, and have been slightly more for no, from the particularity of the content. But lately there has been more over the top than the earlier over the top, sort of a desperation to be known before he metaphorically kills women again and I give up and go for the construct -----

and must congratulate ...

whom?

Who could be writing this? A gnomish woman from Miami with an eye to a writing contract? His mother? His daughter? Someone has some real life observation abilities here.

He does remind me of people I would think of as people my parents might run across at a bad party in the fifties..
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:20 pm
Just a simple old man much younger than his years making the best of life in America as we all should.

One who is not afraid to share his daily experiences with his fellow men and women in hopes that even as raunchy as some of them may be they can all profit.

We are all post Adam and Eve and we all have our problems as men and women dealing with each other. I have a tendency to be able to transcend most problems because having so much experience I usually know what will happen if a certain path is followed, I can predict things and I pretty much know where a woman is going with something before she does. THAT is why I am a happy man every morning of my waking.

When that phone rings late tonight I will know without having to look at the little secret, hi-tech window atop my instrument it is her. But I will look just to make sure it is not yet another girl calling me late at night.

After four (4) rings Jack Webbs will lean back and listen to the poor women explain between sobs that she can hardly wait to see him as the tape records it all. The girl thinks I'm out. Smile

Later, sometime later, tomorrow perhaps, at Jack Webbs' leisure he will tease her. He will not return the call she fervently awaits. No, a little email note will do. One that is cryptic. Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:44 pm
Simple jerk, construct jerk??
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:51 pm
No osso, they just installed an internet line at the retirement home and everyone, including Jack Webbs, has an hour a
day on the internet, which Jack uses to aggravate a2k members - so he thinks.

He's just a 68 year old man who won't cope with old age.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 09:16 pm
I'll take that as one possibility. It does seem to fit, but not quite.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:14 pm
I always wonder if he's made up, too.

But remember the tone of his posts from quite a few months back, when he was planning the cross-country trip and placing the personal ad to try to find the right young woman to take along? That tone seemed different to me, he sounded more bitter and disgusted about how he couldn't find a woman that didn't sicken him with her aging body. Now he has this sort of forced air of patronizing geniality about us "little girls." It seems like if JW was somebody's contstruct, they'd just stick with the same bag of tricks. The change sort of seems like a real guy trying a new way to cope with the fact that his life is empty and unfulfilling...trying a new way to tell himself he's in control and that it's by choice that he is alone...

If it is somebody's made-up character, I can't wait to read the book... Confused
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:14 pm
I just think hes a genuine mysogonistic old fart who cant deal with the fact that women have made some gains in this world. He prefers to believe that they never grow up, that they all give a damn about whether or not he calls, etc. He is oblivious to the fact that he is not generally a nice person, and he vastly overestimates his own charms. He does seem to fit a very certain type of stereotype and for that I can understand how you think he is made up. But I actually believe that this misled jerk really exists.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:17 pm
I admit to vascillating, but I'm over to construct now. It's the latest ratcheting up that decided me.

Also, there are only so many times I can say to myself, I don't believe this.
I'm over it.
0 Replies