Older men and younger women.

Jack Webbs

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:35 pm
eh Beth? Is that really you in your avatar? Can you tango my dear? Is that Danforth you are looking at, the former Senator Danforth? Can this be a subtle hint that you are living in the great state of Illinois?

eeeehhhhhhh Beth? Please do tell. :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:39 pm
No (it's a fun Brit actress in her late 60's)
Yes.
No.
No way in hell.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:46 pm
John Danforth was from Missouri . . .
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:52 pm
I know, I looked him up after noting ehhhhhhh Beth's avatar but I typed in Illinois instead.

I have been doing things like that lately. God, or whoever, may be punishing me for joking so much about old people.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:12 pm
feeble excuse . . .
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 07:31 am
feeble mind?
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:30 pm
I must admit Calamity Jane, you really made a point. Sometimes I get posting and I just don't know when to stop with the black humor.

Probably has cost me my reputation on the threads a few times. I don't feel good about that at all, even if it is only cyberspace. I respect women of all ages. I just would not enjoy climbing between the sheets with a new woman appropriate for my age. Immature? More than likely but life is life. Everyone has their own ideas about what they enjoy in life. Everyone is willing to give and take a bit in order to , hopefully, arrive at a desired equilibrium of happiness.

As an example of this, too illustrate, this weekend I am attending a fund raiser for a Democrat. Why? Because although Democrats are not necessarily my favorite people, the Liberal ones anyway, for whatever reason Democrat women are on the average sexier, looser and more fun than Republicans. Is my reputation among conservatives going to suffer because I do this? No, because they know I am open minded and I have done things like this before. I even took one woman to see "Fahrenheit 9/11." The movie was a flop but I sacrificed, made belive I liked it and the woman really did enjoy the movie. We had a great time that evening. this is what I mean by give and take in order to arrive at an equilibrium of happiness. Even if it is for a short period.

So yes, I will not try to restore my reputation in your eyes Calamity Jane because I know myself: First Impressions are Lasting Ones. If someone leaves me with less than happy feelings the first time I shake his hand or hug her I don't care what they do after. I just don't like them.

By the way I have heard through the grapevine there is a certain woman in town that has a strong resemblance to Paula Abdul that will be attending the fundraiser.

Just want you to know that while my reputation here is tarnished, In real life it is good as always.

And thank you once again Calamity Jane for speaking your mind. Why? Because I really needed that. Cool
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:27 pm
Last night a woman accused me of being controlling and selfish, Calamity Jane. Just thought you would like to know. Cool
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 02:37 pm
Haha, that was my alter ego Jack Laughing
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 05:18 pm
Figures, San Diego isn't far.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 06:27 pm
Jack Webbs, weren't you on the Oprah Winfrey show a few weeks ago? Couldn't be two like you, tall skinny guy with white hair. Handsome, but a little old. Very cold, cold person.

Get yourself a wife who is about 54 because in seven little years you'll be 75! You'll need some strong energetic lady to bring in the bedpan, change the bag, after you have that prostate operation.

I know lots of youngish wives whose formerly handsome men are now old and ill. Most of them must leave their old guys at home while they work.

You really should have given some thought to your future. When you describe yourself what is evident is all the reasons why your wife left you.

I'm concerned about you - an arrogant one begging for a fall.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:04 pm
I have seen some of those awful situations you post of. Not me, no not me. I see one of those situations and it makes me realize just how fortunate I am NOT to be married. I need not rationalize very much to know that it is much more sensible to remain just as I am than to take on another human that God only knows what ailments she has that are lurking just beneath her skin.

I am literally surrounded by women of all sorts that you or anyone can possible imagine. Finding a woman of any age to do a quick "push-push" with is the least of my problems. Finding someone even similar to my ex is impossible.

One of my friends is now laid up in bed and his young wife is doing the nurse thing. My God how pathetic. I don't even like to visit them unless I have to.

In the event I become an invalid before I find the second Mrs. Right I will hire a young, attractive woman to live in as a "nurse" and tend to all of my needs. If you get my drift.

I'll be damned if I am going to marry a wreck appropriate for my age just in time for her to have her "engine" and "transmission" break down and get stuck with a big repair bill and end up waiting on her hand and foot. Never happen.

Like George Allen the Rams coach used to say: The Future is Now!

I am healthy, spry, have all my hair and teeth and rarely do the woman complain when I turn on my charm. They succumb. What womanly woman wouldn't?

So there you are and no, I was not on Opera Winfrey. I would not be caught dead watching one of those old people's form of "aint we all alike?" entertainment. Cool
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 04:42 pm
Actually, Jack Webbs, you will probably find someone suitable to love, marry, live with, if you would just quit looking for her in everybody.
Especially if you would quit being horrified by old ladies. Be kind to them, what do they have to do with your life, and you, at all?

What we think about, hold in our minds, we attract to us. Stop thinking about how awful, just horrible, are people with leather skin, missing teeth, flab galore, and all the rest you describe, even negative traits in younger women and teens.

So, you are 68 and handsome and healthy. So? So? Enjoy. You probably can't until you change your attitude about what you DON'T want. Smart men smile and tell older women how beautiful they are, just as they do their mothers.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 06:48 pm
JW

Kurt Vonnegut created a wonderful term for men such as yourself: Foxy grandpas! Don't you just love it? Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:55 pm
Oh msolga, he's gonna kill you for the grandpa Laughing
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:13 pm
One of my younger girlfriends thinks she KNOWS what I need. Of course she doesn't, she cannot.

What she believes is right is what any normal woman of 48 thinks is "appropriate" for one like me.: Be receptive to the advances of an old Hippie. She will sit on the floor shoeless, crosslegged with you and talk about music in the '55 Chevy, the Mamas and The Papas, the war in Viet Nam, politics, writers, the arts. She will enjoy drinking wine (or beer) with you. You always said you wondered what Pot was like? She probably can help you with that! A woman your appropriate age shares the appropriate common interests with you.

Thats it? Not enough.

I am just going to let things float. I could possibly go for the Hippy if she was sexy literally and had a very good sense of humor and was on the wild side. Just for me though. I must control.

I have never said this to them but it is going to happen. Most if not all of the fortyish women I date are desperate. They may or may not realize it. All of them are divorced and most of them are single parents. You know what? Most of them are going to find out that life will become increasingly unhappy for them as each year passes. Few guys want to dig down in their pockets and pay for some strange guys mistakes. And as the children grow older and finally move further out of the picture, the woman is 50 and not near as attractive as she was at 40 or even 45! These are realities.

I don't know if I noted it on this thread but I know a very nice woman I would never consider asking her to settle in with me mainly because she is fat. Her weight continued to go up and finally I couldn't, wouldn't be seen in public with her.

Now I told her in her very early fifties that she had better "watch it" or she would be an old maid before she knew it. Well? Guess what? She is now knocking on 60, still fat, crappy teaching job and no prospects in sight. I knew it would happen.

The worse that can happen to me is that eventually I will become an invalid but I can hire a young nurse to tend to ALL my needs right here in my home. I can afford to die with dignity. Unlike many of these fortyish divorcees will. I am not being a smart guy. Indeed I wish all of them would get married. In the meantime I will just play with them.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 09:15 pm
It may surprise you Calamity Jane but I am not at all prickly about the term "grandpa." Although I am not a "Santa Claus" type grandfather. I prefer they think of me more as a "Vice Principal" type grandfather.

They always behave when they visit. They're good.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 01:48 am
[quote="JI prefer they think of me more as a "Vice Principal" type grandfather.[/quote]

Laughing

Very dignified!
0 Replies

Doc Michael

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 02:28 pm
Please excuse my rather late addition to this thread. I came across this discussion quite by accident. However, I could not resist weighing in on the topic.

Perhaps this will be perceived as blatant denial and/or gross rationalization but I am involved in a relationship in which there is a significant age disparity. My partner is 25 years my junior and I frankly find it a welcome change that I do not have to deal with "old baggage". I have grown quite tired of having to overcome the biases left by the cheating ex-husband, the abusive or emotionally detached boyfriend.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 03:03 pm
Age is no big deal - but Jack needs to be careful, lest he take on more than he can handle. He seems to prefer slim bodied much younger women.

The ole' French word for orgasm "petit mort" ...which means "little death" can have a literal meaning to it. :wink:
0 Replies