First Date.

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 11:08 pm
Thanks to you, Gezzy. I don't really know anyone here. I'm starting to. Mostly it's just family. A few friends. The online thing might work for you up there. Not that it's really working for me here. But, it's made me more confident and more thick-skinned.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 11:18 pm
Same here. Thank god for my computer. I'd be lost without it.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:05 am
I don't know either one of you, but you both seem very nice by online standards - I hope you both find what you want.

I guess when/if Shocked I ever go on a date again, should the girl greet me with sweaty hands, its a good thing! Laughing
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:09 am
Thanks Larry and I wish the same for you. You seem like a very nice guy and I'm sure you'll meet the right gal in time.

Yes, sweaty hands are a very good sign ;-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 03:47 am
Actually, I have been out of so many first dates (most of my dates are first dates Laughing) that I am used to them.

Once upon a time I used to be nervous - a new guy in London, letting himself loose on the gay scene for the first time in his life, I always had apprehensions. But now, hey I am good, confident, and I am what I am. If you don;t like me, well that's yr problem innit mate ? Laughing

Having said that, if I really like someone, then yes, there are some apprehensions before going on a date with him - but a glass of scotch just beofre leaving usually settles that !!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 09:38 am
thankee Larry. Waddya mean IF you ever go ona date again?

Gautam, you brave thing you.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:03 am
My friend emailed me today about that 7 minute dating thing...anyone ever do that? You talk to ten people, 7 minutes each.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:17 am
I did do Speed Dating. It was 3 minutes for each of the 25 guys! I have to say, it was a good experience, but I don't think I'd want to do it again. Maybe 7 mintues with fewer people would be better.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:19 am
That would be fun. I'll just sit down with a big grin, not saying anything for three minutes but staring at her, then blurt out "One time in gym class I pooped my pants."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:23 am
HAHA! If you go, figure out a way to keep track of who's who. By the end of the night I had no idea what info went with which face. My friend took some notes, but it didn't help much.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:18 am
Gautam
Yup, scotch would be a real ice breaker ;-)

Littlek and Slappy
Speed dating? I don't get it!

Slappy
LOL on the pooped your pants. That must get the ladies lining up ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:00 pm
you don't understand why people do it or you don't understand the whole concept?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:02 pm
I think it's all of the above. I heard something about it a long time ago, but I wasn't paying any attention.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:07 pm
When you get to the event you have a name and a number, the people who hold the event have your email address. You talk, one-on-one with a series of men and mark on a piece of paper yes or no if you do or don't want the event coordinators to send him your address. If you and he mark yes to each other, they will send you his email and he yours and you take it from there.

Make sense?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:28 pm
Ok, got it. Very interesting for sure!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:29 pm
safe and interesting. It was a good ice-breaker for me to get back into the dating world.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:42 pm
I'm sure it was. Did anything come out of it?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:45 pm
Nothing other than a few fetish parties K attended.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:47 pm
no fetish parties, actually. I went to one of the first this one company was doing n this area - they hadn't worked out all of the glitches. Seems there was some email address mistakes. Nothing came of it except I broke the "it's been how long since I dated!?!" rut I was in.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:49 pm
Looks like we just keep on truckin.
0 Replies