How (and when) will the Government Shutdown end?

Below viewing threshold (view)
roger

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 11:02 pm
@caligirllivin,
caligirllivin wrote:

This is why you're supposed to save whenever shortcomings happen like this. Is it the government's job to pay for your kid and housing?

It very well is the governments job to pay for hours worked.
0 Replies

caligirllivin

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 12:29 am
@maxdancona,
It will end when Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer stop being sore losers about the 2016 election that was rightfully won by Trump. Why should Hillary have won when she stole the democrat primaries from Bernie? You really think people are going to vote for you when you own side does your own side dirty? Lol.
BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 12:39 am
@caligirllivin,
caligirllivin wrote:

It will end when Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer stop being sore losers about the 2016 election that was rightfully won by Trump. Why should Hillary have won when she stole the democrat primaries from Bernie? You really think people are going to vote for you when you own side does your own side dirty? Lol.

It will end when Putin tell Trump to end the shut down.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 07:19 am
@caligirllivin,
caligirllivin wrote:

Why should Hillary have won when she stole the democrat primaries from Bernie? You really think people are going to vote for you when you own side does your own side dirty?

Strange seeing a trump supporter spreading words to try to divide and demotivate the left.

Never seen that before. By never I mean almost daily.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 07:46 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There will be no wall.
If there is no wall, then there will be no DACA fix.
BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 08:29 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
There will be no wall.
If there is no wall, then there will be no DACA fix.

Should be interesting to see fellow Americans in every sense of the word but the legal being deported for the misdeeds of their parents when they was children.

Hell of a gift to the receiving countries having Americans by the tens of thousands dump on them. Talk about shaking up such nations cultures!!!!!
engineer

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 08:35 am
@BillRM,
It was interesting to see that when Trump proposed the DACA three year shield, the chattering class accused him of offering "amnesty". You can't offer someone amnesty if they haven't committed any crimes.
BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 11:29 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

It was interesting to see that when Trump proposed the DACA three year shield, the chattering class accused him of offering "amnesty". You can't offer someone amnesty if they haven't committed any crimes.

LOL you do not understand how a Trumper think as it does not matter if it an infant in his or her mother arms when he or she was brought over the border they are guilty.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 11:50 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
brought over the border they are guilty.

Is that any different than calling someone racist for enforcing the law?
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 06:08 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Should be interesting to see fellow Americans in every sense of the word but the legal being deported for the misdeeds of their parents when they was children.
Meh.

For what it's worth, I just heard Pelosi on the news. She did not say "no wall no matter what".

She said "these are the things about Trump's proposal that we can't accept and here's why".

I approve.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 08:08 pm
@oralloy,
I do not like Pelosi as a politician. But, one thing is sure.

She is not dumb (I almost feel bad for Trump).
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:51 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
brought over the border they are guilty.

Is that any different than calling someone racist for enforcing the law?

LOL so it was not a racist misdeed to break into someone home in the middle of the night to enforce the law that forbid a mixed race couple from being a married couple?

After all they was just enforcing the law as they dragged the man and the woman to jail an therefore it was not a racist act?
engineer

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 08:32 am
I heard on the news that the Senate is going to debate and vote on two bills, the House bill (formally the Senate bill) to reopen the government and one matching Trump's proposal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/22/us/politics/government-shutdown-senate.html
maxdancona

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:43 pm
@engineer,
I think the Senate votes are going to be interesting... they won't pass (either of them) but the interesting part is how many people cross party lines on each.

Pelosi is making a play for Republicans to switch sides now, she is also trying to push Trump over the edge. If he comes across as insanely angry, he will lose more support.

He lost the fight over the State of the Union, that must be really bothering him.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:51 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
After all they was just enforcing the law as they dragged the man and the woman to jail an therefore it was not a racist act?

Passing that law was a racist act. The people who enforce that law are not.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:51 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
He lost the fight over the State of the Union, that must be really bothering him.
If so, I hope the Democrats don't expect any of their presidents to ever be able to give a State of the Union again when Republicans control the House.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:58 pm
@oralloy,
Many Americans believe that history will view Trump as an extraordinarily bad president. It that is happens, it might allow the parties to reconcile in the future. I know that you don't share that opinion... but only time will tell.

On second thought, I am not so sure that the pageantry of the State of the Union speech, with the awkward clapping/ not-clapping ritual, is worth keeping. It doesn't really serve any purpose.