25

How (and when) will the Government Shutdown end?

coldjoint

-2  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2019 10:44 am
You can't fix stupid.

Something you can finally prove, and have been since 2010.

InfraBlue

2  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2019 07:36 pm
@livinglava,
The great majority of people who drink alcohol do so without wasting household money and time at saloons, don't get into brawls or fall into drunken debauchery. Those that do have personal failings for which society as a whole should not be punished. Those feminists weren't onto anything but self-serving moral authoritarianism.

2  
Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2019 07:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
. . . self-serving moral authoritarianism.

Oh, I like that phrase.

livinglava

-1  
Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 06:44 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

LOL from the studies I had seen the average consumed of alcohol went up not down during prohibition and women started to go to bars in far greater numbers then they did before prohibition.

I don't know how to solve that problem. If you make a law and more people go against the law than before the law was made, are you supposed to just accept that and stop trying to make and enforce laws?

livinglava

-1  
Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 06:45 am
izzythepush wrote:

Living lava obviously thinks prohibition was a huge success. You can't fix stupid.

Correction: I think repealing prohibition has not achieved cultural progress but rather allowed a degenerative culture to go unchecked.

livinglava

-1  
Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 06:47 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

There are ways to do bad things so that they don't immediately seem to cause harm, but that doesn't mean they don't cause any harm whatsoever.

Every so often studies come out about how a glass of wine per day is healthy, etc. I don't know if these studies are true or just the latest propaganda for an industry that takes advantage of the tendency of addicted minds to worship the things they are addicted to.
neptuneblue
  Selected Answer

3  
Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 08:32 am
@livinglava,
There are plenty of references about Jesus either condoning the usage of "fermented drink" or positive examples where alcohol is permitted.

He must have been way more fun to party with than you....

However, I fail to see how this has any relevence to the Trump Shutdown.

RABEL222

2  
Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 05:08 pm
@neptuneblue,
Dident Jesus produce ferminted drink at the wedding.

-1  
Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 07:26 pm
@neptuneblue,

Thank you Lava! (Here is a red ribbon). We got on this tangent by way of Lava's obsession with drugs (which he seems to think the Wall will stop). I am done with it.

livinglava

0  
Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 01:36 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

The relevance has to do with the purpose of the wall, which is to stop trafficking.

You may think that the goal is to stop (im)migration, but the GOP is not against legal immigration.

So the question is what purpose there is for illegal immigration, except to facilitate trafficking of drugs and humans to serve lucrative criminal industries, such as the illegal drug trade and the prostitution/porn industry?

3  
Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 02:05 pm
@livinglava,

livinglava wrote:

That's it? Those are the only reasons you can come up with? Truely, that says more about you than ambitious Latinos.

1  
Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 02:10 pm
@roger,
It's like there's a little hate factory out there turning out simplistic bigots.

livinglava

0  
Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 02:54 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Well, you could expand prostitution to include slavery more generally. When someone can send a person to a high wage economy to get them to remit money to a lower-wage economy, what is that besides human trafficking for the sake of enslavement?

2  
Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 03:06 pm
@livinglava,
My cardiologist is a recognized vascular surgeon who runs a dept at a major teaching hospital in Philly. Hes told me many times that his family came across the Mexican border to America by his father overstaying a work visa where his father was employed as a seasonal ag worker in Pa Md and Maine during the 1950's. Id like to hve these kinds of "criminals" as my neighbors rather than these judgmental douche bags who see that the world is made up only of their righteous kind and lower criminal castes.
Was Bernie Madoff a Mexican?

1  
Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 03:24 pm
Does your cardiologist give you drugs?

There you have it.
livinglava

-1  
Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 03:39 pm
farmerman wrote:

Was Bernie Madoff a Mexican?

The problem is that the legitimate migration stories are functioning as a whitewash for all the trafficking and exploitation going on.

Until we acknowledge that there is exploitation and abuse going on, border-permeability is going to be more of a threat than an opportunity for honest people.

1  
Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 04:24 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Does your cardiologist give you drugs?

There you have it.

Yep. There you have it.