camlok

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 08:50 am
@maxdancona,
You ought to get a new shtick, oralloy.
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:33 am
@Setanta,
True, but the quote from Fords lawyer is what I was getting at.
If according to the lawyer, Paula Jones didn't have a case, than neither does miss Ford.
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:41 am
@izzythepush,
They should.
However, he is the #2 man in the democrat party so the dems have to also step in.
So far, they are defending him, attacking his accuser, saying she isn't credible, and doing everything they can to destroy her.Yet the same dems are saying that miss Ford is credible.

Do you not see the massive hypocrisy and double standard there?
mysteryman841

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:42 am
@izzythepush,
And the FBI has already said they aren't going to investigate.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 02:23 pm
@mysteryman841,
That's right wing politics for you, conservatives and fascists, it's the lesser of the two evils because there's no left wing alternative.
mysteryman841

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 02:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Is it right wing politics that the left is defending a man that abuses women?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 02:33 pm
@mysteryman841,
There is no left. There's centre right and far right. It's right wing politics all right.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:55 pm
@mysteryman841,
mysteryman841 wrote:

Source please, other than Donald Trump
camlok

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:23 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Source please, other than Donald Trump

Y'all can't open your mouths without the hypocrisy pouring forth!!
glitterbag

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:24 pm
@camlok,
Are you also mysteryman?
camlok

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:31 pm
@glitterbag,
mm is as big a hypocrite as you, glitter.

Do try to put some effort into your zingers. Are all linguists always this dull?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:28 am
@mysteryman841,
Quote:
Is it right wing politics that the left is defending a man that abuses women?

Sure. Trump (left wing?) is defending Kavanuagh, the alleged sexual predator of a young girl.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:44 am
@mysteryman841,
mysteryman841 wrote:

no one seems to be requesting an investigation

and

and the FBI hasn't made any direct statement that I can find - the DOJ is their mouthpiece

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/20/17879284/democrats-fbi-investigation-kavanaugh

Quote:
The Department of Justice, which oversees the FBI, also released a statement Wednesday noting that “[t]he allegation does not involve any potential federal crime.”

Quote:
But Senate Democrats aren’t asking for a criminal investigation. They want the FBI to reopen Kavanaugh’s background check.

Quote:
The FBI confirmed last week that it added Ford’s letter detailing the allegations to an existing background file on Kavanaugh. But the inclusion of this letter simply means that officials at the White House and senators are now able to access it and evaluate it as part of their consideration of the nominee. It doesn’t mean the FBI is conducting an investigation.

On Wednesday, the DOJ released an additional statement saying that it was not the agency’s responsibility to weigh the “credibility” of allegations like the ones Ford has made, and that the “FBI’s role in such matters is to provide information for the use of the decision makers.”

But that seems to contradict actions the FBI has taken in the past in response to such allegations. The agency does not make a definitive call about how certain allegations should factor into the review of a nominee, but it has played a fact-finding role before.

I get that Beauregard's in a bad spot, but he wanted that job and he has to deal with it.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:46 am
@ehBeth,
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-20/fbi-flexes-independence-from-trump-over-kavanaugh-russia-fights

Quote:
The FBI is quietly asserting independence after President Donald Trump moved this week to pull the agency into two of the most heated political controversies of his tenure.

Agency officials aren’t assenting to Trump’s demand for “immediate declassification” of some materials related to the Russia investigation, and are likely to push for redactions, according to people with knowledge of the matter. At the same time, the FBI is willing to probe sexual assault allegations that have jeopardized Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court -- despite Trump’s claims otherwise -- but it can’t do so without a formal White House request.

The tension adds to an already fraught relationship between the president and the law enforcement agencies he oversees. Trump has repeatedly attacked Attorney General Jeff Sessions for failing to quash Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian election meddling in the 2016 elections, and he’s accused the Justice Department and FBI of targeting him and Republicans because of political bias.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:51 am
@mysteryman841,
mysteryman841 wrote:

And the FBI has already said

the FBI isn't talking (from the Bloomberg link)

Quote:
The FBI declined to comment Wednesday.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:55 am
@ehBeth,
Kavanaugh should be disqualified for lying to the Senate. https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018/09/18/brett-kavanaugh-should-be-impeached-lying-senate
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:56 am
@ehBeth,
Thanks for that, I was taking what MM said at face value. I won't be doing that anymore.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:12 am
@izzythepush,
He's not the same poster he used to be. I used to trust what he said - didn't necessarily like it or agree, but I believed him.

Since his recent return, I've discovered I've had to fact check every post of his I'm considering responding to.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:17 am
@ehBeth,
That's the effect Trump has on people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:36 am
@izzythepush,
People who get themselves associated with Trump do so voluntarily - knowing full well the history of past devotees.
0 Replies