Poor Kavanaugh wants to run for SC judge

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 05:10 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Interesting thought, ci. But you have to control your partisan inclinations.

Partisan? How did you arrive at that conclusion? As I've said several times, I'm not a democrat or republican. You're the one who arrived at a conclusion.
camlok

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 05:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
That's hardly the test.

He either did it or didn't and the emotions of people close to the principles are immaterial.

You are absolutely correct, Finn.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 05:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone.

Your position on this thread wasn't a surprise. You took the exact position that I would have expected you to take based on the political views you consistently express.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 07:26 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Cicerone.

Your position on this thread wasn't a surprise. You took the exact position that I would have expected you to take based on the political views you consistently express.

Aw! Sick burn Max! Cool
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 07:28 pm
I would like to know who here has "taken this to an extreme" and claimed to know the truth. I have pointed out what Kavanaugh has said, and I have not claimed to know what happened. I have only pointed out his inconsistencies and that I'm not buying his story precisely because of those inconsistencies.
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 07:42 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Fox News. . . ah-hahahahahahahahaha . . .

Ok, lets look at other sources...
https://www.nytimes.com/1998/03/15/us/testing-president-overview-experts-say-suit-against-president-faces-big-hurdles.html

'If a woman came to me with a similar fact pattern, that is someone in the company above her propositioned her but only once and she suffered no tangible job detriment,'' Ms. Katz said, ''I would probably tell her that I'm sorry, it's unfair, but you don't have a case.''
Ms. Katz said that courts have generally held that a one-time proposition does not constitute harassment. ''If it's one time, it has to be severe, almost a sexual assault, not just a touching of somebody's breast or buttocks or even forceful kissing,'' she said.

So,is the NYTimes an acceptable source for you?
mysteryman841

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 07:51 pm
@izzythepush,
Keith Ellison is a democrat congressman running for attorney general in Minnesota.
The alegtions made aginst him are current and credible, with doctors reports, police photos, 911 tapes, and notes from a therapist.

The dems are ignoring it and trying to blame his accuser.
Why are they doing that?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/18/karen-monahan-keith-ellison-accuser-sends-democrat/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/keith-ellison-denies-abuse-allegations_us_5b708128e4b0ae32af990d26

https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/28/dnc-perez-ellison-domestic-abuse/

There are a few sources for you to start with, then you can google him and see exactly is going on.
So I repeat, where is the outrage about him?
camlok

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

You sure are some wise old sage, max. Who would have ever figured that out, political partisans taking a position based on their political partisanship?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 09:47 pm
@mysteryman841,
Apples to oranges, MM. The Fox News story you cited was about Kavanaugh, and an allegation of sexual assault. This story is about the Paula Jones allegation against Clinton, and that allegation is that he propositioned her, not that he assaulted her.

Don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 10:49 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Apples to oranges, MM. The Fox News story you cited was about Kavanaugh, and an allegation of sexual assault. This story is about the Paula Jones allegation against Clinton, and that allegation is that he propositioned her, not that he assaulted her.

Don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.

This is an example of liberal hypocrisy. Paula Jones claimed that Clinton Exposed himself to her. There were several other women who had credible accusations of sexual harrassment including a rape allegation.

Quote:
Clinton then, she said, made a number of sexual comments ("I love your curves"), slid his hand up her thigh, and tried unsuccessfully to kiss her on the neck until she stopped him. Jones claims she asked, "What are you doing?" and walked away from Clinton, and tried to change the conversation, after which Clinton walked back toward her, "lowered his trousers and underwear, exposed his penis (which was erect) and told me to 'kiss it.'" Jones rejected the overture, to which she claims Clinton replied, "I don't want to make you do anything you don't want to do." Before she left, she claims Clinton added, "You are smart. Let's keep this between ourselves."

https://www.vox.com/2016/10/9/13221670/paula-jones-kathleen-willey-bill-clinton-sexual-harassment-accusations

What Clinton is accused of is at least as bad as Louis CK, and possibly as bad as Harvey Weinstein. Yet he remains a liberal darling.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Thank God for Bill Clinton, the liberal darling. Men seeking roles on the bench or in politics are now exempt from ANY sleazy behaviour (because Clinton invented the bj). Yep, yep, yep, Sexual assault is now ‘a non-Issue’ thanks to Bill Clinton.

I wonder what political party John Wayne Gary and Gary Gilmore and Ted Bundy belonged to.........
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:20 am
@mysteryman841,
The Republicans are the ones in power. Why don't they start action against him?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:34 am
Quote:
The woman who accuses US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of attempting to rape her will not testify to the Senate next week, her lawyer says.

Christine Blasey Ford's attorney told CNN her client has been "deflecting death threats and harassment".

Lawyer Lisa Banks said before her client goes to Congress, she wants an FBI investigation into Judge Kavanaugh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45568450
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 01:15 am
Opinion piece by Katty Kay on false rape allegations.

Quote:
Either Brett Kavanaugh or Christine Blasey Ford is lying. We don't know which one.

Here's what we do know.

According to various academic studies over the past 20 years, only 2-10% of rape accusations are fake (Prof Ford's lawyer says she believes this was attempted rape).

Two to 10% is too many, but it is not a big proportion of the total. Fake rape accusations get a lot of attention.

Both the Duke Lacrosse team case in 2006 and the alleged University of Virginia gang rape in 2014 were widely covered by the media. They were terrible miscarriages of justice - but they were not representative.

False rape accusations very rarely lead to convictions or wrongful jail time.

A useful article in Quartz by Sandra Newman points to research from the British Home Office showing that in the early 2000s, of the 216 cases that were classified as false allegations, only six led to an arrest.

Of those, only two had charges brought against them and those two were found to be false.

The idea that lots of men are going to prison because they've been falsely accused of rape isn't supported by the facts.

Moreover, official figures suggest the number of rapes and sexual assaults which are never reported or prosecuted far outweighs the number of men convicted of rape because of fake accusations.

Indeed it far outweighs the number of fake accusations, period.

Figures from the US Bureau of Justice Statistics suggest only 35% of all sexual assaults are even reported to the police.

It's also useful to look at what we know about the kind of people who make fake accusations to see if Prof Ford fits a pattern.

According to Sandra Newman, every academic study on the issue finds that the most common type of fake accuser is actually a teenage girl trying to get out of trouble.

Often it's her parents who report the "rape" attempt. The studies suggest the false accusation can often stem from something as absurd as finding an excuse for missing curfew.

According to a 2017 report by the US National Institutes of Health, fake accusers "were primarily motivated by emotional gain. Most false allegations were used to cover up other behaviour such as adultery or skipping school".

In many cases the fake accuser has a history of lying to authorities or committing fraud. She may well have a criminal record.

In the Duke lacrosse team case, the woman in question, Crystal Mangum, had reported a previous assault in which no one was charged, she had a felony conviction and ultimately went to prison herself.

Christine Blasey Ford clearly does not fit this profile.

She is not a teenager, she has no history of fabrications, she doesn't have a criminal record and, as far as we know she isn't trying to cover up some other behaviour.

None of this proves that Prof Ford is telling the truth but it does suggest we should be sceptical of the notion that it is common for women to say they've been sexually abused when they haven't.

It's not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45565684
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 05:18 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Thank God for Bill Clinton, the liberal darling. Men seeking roles on the bench or in politics are now exempt from ANY sleazy behaviour (because Clinton invented the bj). Yep, yep, yep, Sexual assault is now ‘a non-Issue’ thanks to Bill Clinton.

I wonder what political party John Wayne Gary and Gary Gilmore and Ted Bundy belonged to.........

Juanita Broadderick accused Bill Clinton of rape.

Juanita wrote:

Then [Bill Clinton] tries to kiss me again. And the second time he tries to kiss me he starts biting my lip … He starts to, um, bite on my top lip and I tried to pull away from him. And then he forces me down on the bed. And I just was very frightened, and I tried to get away from him and I told him 'No,' that I didn't want this to happen but he wouldn't listen to me. … It was a real panicky, panicky situation. I was even to the point where I was getting very noisy, you know, yelling to 'Please stop.' And that's when he pressed down on my right shoulder and he would bite my lip. … When everything was over with, he got up and straightened himself, and I was crying at the moment and he walks to the door, and calmly puts on his sunglasses. And before he goes out the door he says 'You better get some ice on that.' And he turned and went out the door.

If women are to be believed, Bill Clinton is a rapist.

Ideological liberals are defending Bill Clinton and denouncing Bret Kavanaugh. It isn't that difficult to understand the hypocrisy.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 05:44 am
Speaking of predictable behavior..h..here is Max, on another thread about women and sexual (mis)behaviors and how society is reacting to the metoo movement, arguing with everyone.

Who couldn’t have predicted that?

We also have Max picking out specific posters and challenging their post because of they are as individual, not because of what they said. He’s ignoring their posts and focusing on the poster. I wonder if he’s ever complained about people doing that to him?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 05:58 am
@maporsche,
I never said I wasn't part of this little partisan dance. I do think I am the only one acknowledging it for what it is. It is a mindless exercise where we all jump into our normal ideological stances without any thought

The ideological liberals are all jumping into their expected camp. The conservatives are too.

And here I am, just as expected, pointing out how amusing this process is where everyone jumps into their assigned roles without any thought.

Lighten up a bit MaPorsche, and see if you can appreciate the absurd comedy in this political farce. It is all just part of the game.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 06:44 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I never said I wasn't part of this little partisan dance.

You wish. You're not part of anything, you're just some sad git standing on the sidelines screaming "Look at me, pay attention to me! Why's nobody looking at me?"
maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 07:23 am
@izzythepush,
Ironically... you are paying attention to me. You don't seem to be able to resist. Your obsession with me is both creepy and a little flattering.

... I was just wondering if I am the only person who Izzy stalks. Should we start a #MeTooIzzy tag?

camlok

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 08:48 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Lighten up a bit MaPorsche, and see if you can appreciate the absurd comedy in this political farce. It is all just part of the game.

So it has always been, max. The US and its "political system" is a farce. But you bright citizens still play their game of them playing the sheeple.
0 Replies