Poor Kavanaugh wants to run for SC judge

maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:25 pm
As an example of how the US has changed. I remember liking the movie Revenge of the Nerds.

One of the major plot points of that movie involves tricking a woman into thinking that she’s having sex with her boyfriend but instead it being one of the movies hero’s.

We were rooting for him to rape the woman.

That was after we cheered them on while putting video cameras in the woman’s shower and recording them nude.

Things have changed...well for some.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:26 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Despite What You May Have Heard, "Believe Women" Has Never Meant "Ignore Facts"
BY SADY DOYLE
NOV 29, 2017
I've heard many on the left proclaim that women should be automatically believed every time they make an accusation. That sounds like ignoring facts to me.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:27 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
I understand that's your belief.
It's not mine. Nor has it been my experience.
I used to think the feminist movement were just intolerant people who think that all men are guilty.

But their reaction to Bill Clinton was eye-opening. Suddenly they were excusing proven sexual assault by a powerful man. The only explanation that I am aware of for their behavior is that the feminist movement is really fighting for leftist totalitarianism and is using allegations of sexual misconduct as a weapon to destroy people who oppose leftist totalitarianism.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:28 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
http://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42432254_743525542661333_8928132944090890240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=227cb92301ad8199865acda0916c322d&oe=5C1D0C95
The thing is (setting aside the question of whether or not he did it), we as a society don't hold children as culpable as we hold adults. If someone commits wrongdoing as a child, but then leads an exemplary life as an adult, it is wrong to treat them as if they had committed that wrongdoing as an adult.

I think the appropriate remedy if someone has committed wrongdoing as a child and then subsequently lived responsibly as an adult would be civil damages.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:30 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Now you sound like Oralloy.
Speaking out in favor of facts is a good thing in my view.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I post a news article from a reliable source, (the BBC,) and that's not good enough.
Nonsense. The BBC is a tabloid that has been proven to spout outright lies.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:33 pm
@oralloy,
People should have the opportunity to be heard and the circumstances investigated if need be. It seems to me, you're very selective on how and if facts are obtained. Silence seems to be your answer. Odd, that's something we have in common.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:38 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
I don’t think anything the house would do in 2019 has much to do with what happened during the Clinton administration. How many of the current democratic house members were even out of college then?
Political memories and actions exist on a much shorter timeline than a generation or two ago.
And stop pretending that the national culture has t evolved on these issues over the last 30 years and really over the last 2.
I realize that the Democrats would like to get away with proclaiming themselves above the law and then turning around and saying that the law applies to everyone else. But no one is going to let them to get away with that. Since Bill Clinton gets to be above the law, so do Republicans.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:39 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
What’s this have to do with Kavanaugh or his desire to run for the SC?
Kavanaugh gets to be judged by the same standard that the Democrats used for Bill Clinton.
maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:46 pm
@oralloy,
I’m betting not.

The world has improved.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:53 pm
@maporsche,
No. No one is going to let the Democrats get away with their "I'm above the law and you're not" shtick.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:55 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
People should have the opportunity to be heard and the circumstances investigated if need be. It seems to me, you're very selective on how and if facts are obtained. Silence seems to be your answer. Odd, that's something we have in common.
I support investigations so long as they are fair and are willing to consider that the accused may be innocent.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 06:44 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

I didn't start this bickering

Yes, Max, you started it. Own it.

Nah, actually... MaPorsche started it. You and Izzy jumped in. Then it stopped.

Why are you starting it up again?
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 06:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

1. EhBeth, Izzy, Region Philbus, Neptune, and Sturgis all think that Dr. Ford was completely credible.

3. Neptune agrees with Izzy, and has some broad statements about men in general. She will post a couple of articles about it from liberal blogs.

Don't drag me into your **** hole. And I won't call you out on it.
maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 06:49 pm
@maporsche,
This movie came out in 1984...and we didn't think there was anything wrong with the movie at the time....or the 2 or 3 sequels that came out years later.

I don't find it hard to believe that something like this assault would have gone as something unremarkable to some drunken teenagers given that our movies 6 years later had us cheering for RAPE.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 06:56 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Don't drag me into your **** hole. And I won't call you out on it.

Obviously you enjoy jumping into the **** hole with me or you wouldn't keep doing it. What is happening between us is completely consensual. Along with Izzy, and MaPorsche, you seem to keep following around from thread to thread to throw **** around (although MaPorsche just promised me he wasn't going to do that any more).

If you want to get back to the discussion, I would be OK with that too.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 06:59 pm
@maxdancona,
No, I don't enjoy it. It's disgusting. I've told you before to stop dragging me into your posts. But you won't listen.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 07:02 pm
@neptuneblue,
wtf
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 07:02 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
No, I don't enjoy it. It's disgusting. I've told you before to stop dragging me into your posts.

Choosing to do something that you find disgusting and don't enjoy is stupid. There is no one who is dragging you anywhere. You don't have to read my posts. You don't have to respond to my posts. There is even an ignore feature you can use.

If you aren't enjoying it, why don't you just stop? It's crazy.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 07:10 pm
@maxdancona,
Quit dragging into your posts.