Jeb Bush for prez "08"

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 04:59 pm
What emapthy could you possibly feel for her?!!?!

Every bit of available evidence shows that Terry doesn't have any higher thought functions at all. If she does, than she certainly can't communicate them in a cogent fashion. If you feel empathy for her, you should WANT her life ended; it must suck to not be able to talk or move for 15 years. It would be like hell. Better to be dead.

Let me ask you, Brandon, if you were struck down by a sudden heart attack and your brain was reduced to the point where you can't talk, can't eat, can't show signs that you are alive, can't walk or move your limbs, would you want to be kept alive, in a cell (your body), for 15 years??!??!!?

Just let her die and get on with your lives people! PEOPLE DIE, it's a part of life, it's not bad or evil. Just accept it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:04 pm
Cyclops - they are going to stop feeding her. She'll starve to death. Her parents will have to watch. Have you no compassion whatsoever for them? It's their daughter.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:13 pm
Quote:
Cyclops - they are going to stop feeding her. She'll starve to death. Her parents will have to watch. Have you no compassion whatsoever for them? It's their daughter.

Lots of people have to let their kids go when the doctors say 'it's time.' They do it. These should do it as well.

If they are religious and believe she will go to God, why are they holding her back in her useless shell of a body? If she has concious thought than her body must be a torment to live in; to remember moving, and loving, but not be able to do so.

Her parents will grieve. Then they will move on with their lives. It's how everyone goes through life, and they'd be better off accepting it.

Why are people so afraid of death? I just don't understand it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:19 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Lots of people have to let their kids go when the doctors say 'it's time.' They do it. These should do it as well.

If they are religious and believe she will go to God, why are they holding her back in her useless shell of a body? If she has concious thought than her body must be a torment to live in; to remember moving, and loving, but not be able to do so.

Her parents will grieve. Then they will move on with their lives. It's how everyone goes through life, and they'd be better off accepting it.

Why are people so afraid of death? I just don't understand it.

Cycloptichorn

Can we all say "sociopath?"
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:46 pm
The ignorance of what goes in the modern world displayed in this thread is breath-taking.

Have any of you "have you no compassion?" posters ever spent any time in a hospital? Do you think every terminally ill patient is kept alive indefinitely?

While your empathy is touching, where is the empathy for all the children whose families are too poor to have their health care taken care of?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:52 pm
Living wills require people to make choices in several categories.

Even if a person will emphatically state that they do not want to be kept alive on machines, they generally envision themselves as brain dead vegetables . . . and once the plug is pulled . . . they will die.

However, when presented with the option of whether or not they want food and water administered in another section of the living will. . . they almost always choose food and water. It comes as a surprise to them that starving to death is even an option if pulling the plug doesn't work and they're still breathing. Although they do not want to be kept alive by machines, it does not automatically follow that they would agree to being starved to death.

In this case, Terry is not brain dead. She still has brain activity and she can survive without machines breathing for her or keeping her heart pumping.

Without clear and convincing evidence (such as a notarized living will signed in the presence of witnesses) that Terry would want to be starved to death in a situation such as this . . . no court ought to allow such a request on the behalf of Terry's guardian.

Even though Terry's malpractice settlement money is dwindling and very little may be left by now, Terry's guardian had a conflict of interest from the very onset of this case many years ago. The longer she stays alive . . . the money is being used for her care and the total amount that she has left is dwindling. If Terry dies, her husband/guardian gets whatever money is left. The sooner she dies, the bigger his inheritance.

Under the circumstances of Terry's case . . . the absence of a living will and the presence of brain activity and a guardian with conflicting interests . . . I believe it is legally wrong for the Court to order a cessation of feeding.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:05 pm
What's sociopathic about not being afraid to die? About accepting that death is part of life?

I'm asking seriously, Brandon.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:22 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
The ignorance of what goes in the modern world displayed in this thread is breath-taking.

Have any of you "have you no compassion?" posters ever spent any time in a hospital? Do you think every terminally ill patient is kept alive indefinitely?

Yes, I have spent time in a hospital watching people I loved die horribly. Terry Schiavo, however, is not terminally ill. She merely needs food to live, as does everybody. I am referring only to this one case.

D'artagnan wrote:
While your empathy is touching, where is the empathy for all the children whose families are too poor to have their health care taken care of?

So, because we feel empathy for one person, it means we can't for other people in bad spots? We are discussing the Schiavo case.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:24 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What's sociopathic about not being afraid to die? About accepting that death is part of life?

I'm asking seriously, Brandon.

Cycloptichorn

Nothing, but you consistently display an absolute lack of empathy for others, except where such empathy might be useful to make Bush or conservatives look bad.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:03 pm
This is a recent picture of Terri and she is not brain dead!

http://www.biaca.org/TerriChair2.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:08 pm
Gee, I didn't know brain dead people could smile. Go figure.

http://davidmorrison.typepad.com/sed_contra/terri.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:15 pm
It amazes me how many people are fighting to starve this woman to death!

http://www.biaca.org/terryschiavo.jpg
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:38 pm
I would have to differ with my conservative counter parts in this situation. I think she should be allowed to die. What kind of life is lying in a bed and not being able to do anything but stare straight ahead? That isn't living at all, that is just being.

For all you people who believe in Jesus, why are you interfering with God's plan for this woman? Apparently she was meant to die, because God wouldn't want this for anyone.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:58 pm
What if she doesn't want to die?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:59 pm
If God meant for her to die, she would have died.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:05 pm
Lash wrote:
People. Don't you think there is such a thing as good and evil? Everything doesn't HAVE to fall in to those categories--but you act as though they don't exist.

This man is trying to off his wife, and her parents desperately want to care for her.

How do you even see another side to this story?

Please defend him.

Ditto
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:06 pm
This post is too emotional for me... Sad
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:24 pm
Maybe this will buy some compassion from Michael Schiavo.

Businessman Offers $1 Million to Keep Terri Schiavo Alive
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:30 pm
Well I commend Robert. He is a saint and there are no finer of people in this world.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:31 pm
Bet the sorry dog takes it. Point proven.

Good point, Montana.
0 Replies