Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:17 pm
JustWonders wrote:
But we will have another Republican in office. Smile

Condi '08

I like Condi too! Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:23 pm
I am glad that Jeb has kept Terry alive. My gosh she can breath on her own? To stop feeding her would be murder. Her husband should be charged with attempted murder and see how long he keeps up his case.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:27 pm
They pull plugs all the time Rex. Why is this case different?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:15 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
They pull plugs all the time Rex. Why is this case different?

Terry is breathing on her own and doesn't appear to be "suffering". She seems to be somewhat awake and conscious of things. There are people who love her and want to make the best of whatever time they have left. The husband is going too far and should be prosecuted for it.

Also, the human brain can grow and there are some of the latest discoveries of science with memory that could benefit Terry someday and bring her "back". People recover all the time against what the "doctors" say. Terry I am sure did not wish that her husband not fight for her life.

also they are not really pulling the plug but they are starving her to death. When they "pull the plug" it is usually a respirator but she has enough brain function to breath on her own. So if she seems happy and is living fine on her own why starve her?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:26 pm
I couldn't imagine her being starved to death either, so if Jeb had something to do with keeping that from happening, I admire that.

With that being said, I still wouldn't want him as the next president.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:48 pm
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34275

http://huttar.net/lars-kathy/schiavo.html
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:01 pm
HOORAY!!!! Campaign talk already!!!!

OK, here's what I have so far--

Dems--
Hillary
Kerry
Edwards
Obama
Warner
Biden

Republicans--
Condi (My daughter and I have decided to get out and work for her if she does)
McCain (don't think he will..)
Frist (bla)
Guiliani (weeee!)
Hagel
I think Bush will likely groom someone--maybe in his cabinet... looking for dark horse.

BTW-- I completely support Bush's efforts for Terri Schiavo. Her husband is trying to murder her. He should just divorce her, and let her parents have her.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:10 pm
I hope they're dumb enough to run Hillary Smile

Hope, hope, hope.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 12:32 am
JustWonders wrote:
I hope they're dumb enough to run Hillary Smile

Hope, hope, hope.

Heck, they ran Kerry and Dean didn't they? How dumb was that?

The Republicans need to give Nader just a bit more support this time Smile

Let's hope the next democratic candidate has a real plan other than to be for and against everything.

Hillary faints when under pressure.

Clark is insubordinate and obstinate.

Frist, I am not really sure of yet... He seems like a follower and not "yet" a leader. Frist would make a great VP. There is a certain kind of aura like Reagan with Frist. I might give him my vote too. Frist is the better part of the medical profession as opposed to Dean and his far left ideologies. If I had to choose between Frist as my doctor or Dean I would choose Frist. Just my opinion. Dean seems too emotionally immature to me.

also Kerry seems too quick to sell out American interest to European/North Korean powers.
There is a difference between trade/negotiate and sell out.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 12:42 am
Lash wrote:
HOORAY!!!! Campaign talk already!!!!

OK, here's what I have so far--

Dems--
Hillary
Kerry
Edwards
Obama
Warner
Biden

Republicans--
Condi (My daughter and I have decided to get out and work for her if she does)
McCain (don't think he will..)
Frist (bla)
Guiliani (weeee!)
Hagel
I think Bush will likely groom someone--maybe in his cabinet... looking for dark horse.

BTW-- I completely support Bush's efforts for Terri Schiavo. Her husband is trying to murder her. He should just divorce her, and let her parents have her.

Nice list!

Yea, I think Frist could suddenly grab the peoples attention. There is a charisma that is underneath like a bedside manner.

Biden? Shudder!

Guiliani, a great civil servant of the people.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 12:53 am
Frist, you got to be kidding, jeb would have a better chance.

I think you are right that more than likely they already have someone in line that is in the dark.

As for my side, I hope Obama but would settle for any of the people in your list as good people.

I really could care a less right now though, just was interested in what people thought about Jeb Bush. I always felt he was more moderate than W just simply because to me he comes off that way but then I like the first bush well enough for a republican.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 07:58 am
Rex - a poll in MA yesterday showed the people there preferred Hillary over Kerry (51% Hil/32% Kerry), so even his home state doesn't think he's electable. He's pathetic.

I hope Lash's Dems list is accurate, but if you caught New Mexico's Bill Richardson on the Today Show with Katie Couric yesterday, you'd swear he's running in '08. He couldn't say enough about how much credit GWB deserves for the positive changes in the ME. Of course, Katie was nearly apoplectic, but he persevered LOL! 'Twas awesome, even if too little, too late.

Given the importance of the Hispanic vote, he'd make the GOP work really hard, methinks. A Clinton/Richardson ticket, perhaps?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 08:11 am
All my attention is focusewd upon removing "Rick the Pr*ck Santorum) in Pa.
This guy, has become the epicenter of most of the GOP love affair with the ultraconservative Christians. His "do waht I say, not what I do" activities is showing that hes taking all of Pa for granted.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:03 am
JW, you guys sure seem preoccupied with racial influences.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:19 am
revel wrote:

Confused

Did I miss something? Cause I've looked for it ... and I'm not seeing it.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:46 am
Quote:
There is a certain kind of aura like Reagan with Frist

Ah, nothin' like being divorced from reality, eh?

Although, to be fair, Reagan denied AIDS was terribly serious in it's early stages, and now Frist isn't' too sure whether AIDS can or cannot be transmitted by, um, "kissing..."

Quote:

George: You're a doctor. Do you think tears and sweat can transmit HIV"

Frist: I don't know...I can tell you..

George: You don't know?

Frist: I can tell you things like,like..condoms..

George: You believe that tears and sweat might be able to transmit aids?

http://movies.ziaspace.com/FristThis.wmv

So, yeah, I guess you could say there's a certain Regan-like aura surrounding "Frist." There's also a Bush aura surrounding Frist, as he seems to not know certain things about his job.

Laughing
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 11:26 am
Ticomaya wrote:
revel wrote:

Confused

Did I miss something? Cause I've looked for it ... and I'm not seeing it.

Laughing I know, I know Laughing

<And just when you thought the Dims couldn't get much dumber>
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 12:01 pm
revel wrote:

how so?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 12:28 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Rex - a poll in MA yesterday showed the people there preferred Hillary over Kerry (51% Hil/32% Kerry), so even his home state doesn't think he's electable. He's pathetic.

I hope Lash's Dems list is accurate, but if you caught New Mexico's Bill Richardson on the Today Show with Katie Couric yesterday, you'd swear he's running in '08. He couldn't say enough about how much credit GWB deserves for the positive changes in the ME. Of course, Katie was nearly apoplectic, but he persevered LOL! 'Twas awesome, even if too little, too late.

Given the importance of the Hispanic vote, he'd make the GOP work really hard, methinks. A Clinton/Richardson ticket, perhaps?

I am not a big fan of Richardson either. He is too steeped in the far left Kerry/Kennedy plan.
0 Replies