Jeb Bush for prez "08"

JustWonders

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 01:33 pm
Rex - I'm only a fan of Richardson's when he's saying nice things about Dubya Smile If you'd heard him yesterday, you'd have thought he was a neo neocon LOL.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:12 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Rex - a poll in MA yesterday showed the people there preferred Hillary over Kerry (51% Hil/32% Kerry), so even his home state doesn't think he's electable. He's pathetic.

I hope Lash's Dems list is accurate, but if you caught New Mexico's Bill Richardson on the Today Show with Katie Couric yesterday, you'd swear he's running in '08. He couldn't say enough about how much credit GWB deserves for the positive changes in the ME. Of course, Katie was nearly apoplectic, but he persevered LOL! 'Twas awesome, even if too little, too late.

Given the importance of the Hispanic vote, he'd make the GOP work really hard, methinks. A Clinton/Richardson ticket, perhaps?

This statement in and of itself probably does render my, kind of spur of the moment comment which I should have thought twice of, dumb as JW put it.

However I was remembering the Dean thread and all the hang up with how the GOP perceives the democrats to be condescending towards blacks and if they just would give the GOP another chance they would realize it.

I was merely wondering why people can't just listen to a person without making those distinctions of their race in connection with how it plays out in votes but rather on if they are a person with something to offer the public.

But all in all, never mind.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:21 pm
Condi Rice running would be an interesting phenomenon. Quite apart from her other unique attributes, she's unmarried. Can anyone name the last President who was single? I know there have been some (or one) but not in the past few centuries.

As for Jeb Bush, whatever. He comes across as far brighter than his bro, but aren't you Republicans ready for someone new?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:36 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Can anyone name the last President who was single? I know there have been some (or one) but not in the past few centuries.

Chester Arthur was unwed, wasn't he?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:38 pm
Michael Douglas <hehe>

D'art - I'd love to see Jeb run, but he won't. No, he will not. He said so and Bush's don't lie.

Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:13 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:
There is a certain kind of aura like Reagan with Frist

Ah, nothin' like being divorced from reality, eh?

Although, to be fair, Reagan denied AIDS was terribly serious in it's early stages, and now Frist isn't' too sure whether AIDS can or cannot be transmitted by, um, "kissing..."

Quote:

George: You're a doctor. Do you think tears and sweat can transmit HIV"

Frist: I don't know...I can tell you..

George: You don't know?

Frist: I can tell you things like,like..condoms..

George: You believe that tears and sweat might be able to transmit aids?

http://movies.ziaspace.com/FristThis.wmv

So, yeah, I guess you could say there's a certain Reagan-like aura surrounding "Frist." There's also a Bush aura surrounding Frist, as he seems to not know certain things about his job.

Laughing

In the end of the interview Frist said tears/sweat were not that much of a risk but still a risk aside from abstinence. I think that this is something he has put allot of thought into. I saw no fault in the interview.

Thanks for the video link it worked well. I am even more convinced that Frist could be a great prez and maybe Jeb could be VP for a term or two.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:22 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Rex - I'm only a fan of Richardson's when he's saying nice things about Dubya Smile If you'd heard him yesterday, you'd have thought he was a neo neocon LOL.

Well I have never seen that side of Richardson yet but I will keep an eye out for the phenomenon. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:24 pm
New Mexico was a red state Smile
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:25 pm
Quote:
In the end of the interview Frist said tears/sweat were not that much of a risk but still a risk aside from abstinence. I think that this is something he has put allot of thought into. I saw no fault in the interview.

Then he should put more thought into it, because there is ZERO evidence that AIDS can be transmitted through saliva or tears. Why, do you ask? Because it is a bloodborne pathogen.

But I'm sure Dr. Frist knew that, right?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:32 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:
Can anyone name the last President who was single? I know there have been some (or one) but not in the past few centuries.

It was actually Buchanan who was unwed.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0194051.html
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:54 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:

It was actually Buchanan who was unwed.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0194051.html

True. Arthur was married, but his wife (Ellen Lewis Herndon Arthur ) died the year before he became president. His first lady (Mary Arthur McElory) was his sister. Interesting ....

http://www.americanpresidents.org/presidents/president.asp?PresidentNumber=21
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:11 pm
News flash on Terry. Judge orders that the feeding tube be removed.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:25 pm
Has Condi even dated? Not, of course, as if there'd be anything wrong if she hasn't...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:27 pm
RexRed wrote:
News flash on Terry. Judge orders that the feeding tube be removed.

Shocked

What is it with her husband? Does he have something to gain or is he just plain evil?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:30 pm
Evil? How would he be evil?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:53 pm
It's the good vs. evil school of thought. Life is so simple when every moral choice comes down to that...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 03:54 pm
People. Don't you think there is such a thing as good and evil? Everything doesn't HAVE to fall in to those categories--but you act as though they don't exist.

This man is trying to off his wife, and her parents desperately want to care for her.

How do you even see another side to this story?

Please defend him.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 03:56 pm
Um, according to him (her husband) she specifically told him to let her go.

I wouldn't want to continue life in such a fashion. It isn't life, it's existence.

If you got really sick, to where you couldn't think or communicate your feelings, and you told your husband that 'if it gets really bad, just unplug me,' what would you expect him to do?

THink a little before you label people as 'evil.' You act as if killing her is an 'evil' act, when many would see it as an act of mercy....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 03:57 pm
He is trying to bring closure to his relationship with his ex-wife who has been brain dead for 15 years. 15 years!

The vessal lying in that bed is no longer Teri, but nothing more than corpse being forced to stay alive.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 03:58 pm
She smiles and reacts to her parents. She's not even in the neighborhood of vegetability.

(If she was, I'd agree with you.)
0 Replies