Jeb Bush for prez "08"

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 09:14 am
Rex, you're not someone who should go around mentioning who is "off the deep end" and who is not.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 10:09 am
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 12:41 pm
Quote:
"I have no future."

A bit of an exaggeration, but pretty much the case.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 04:02 pm
Yet another reason to be thankful at this time of year!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 05:52 pm
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/22/115352.shtml?s=al&promo_code=3013-1

Now we just need Jeb to team up with Newt, I'll vote for em...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 11:28 am
Poll: Gingrich Receives Big Backing on Web

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/24/102830.shtml?s=ic
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 12:12 pm
Jeb Bush Denied Honor at U. of Florida

Saturday March 24, 2007 1:01 PM

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - University of Florida President Bernie Machen says he was ``tremendously disappointed' with the school's Faculty Senate vote to deny former Gov. Jeb Bush an honorary degree.

The Senate voted 38-28 Thursday against giving the honorary degree to Bush, who left office in January.

``Jeb Bush has been a great friend of the University of Florida,' Machen said Friday, adding that the Senate's action is ``unheard of.'

Some faculty expressed concern about Bush's record in higher education.

``I really don't feel this is a person who has been a supporter of UF,' Kathleen Price, associate dean of library and technology at the school's Levin College of Law, told The Gainesville Sun after the vote.

Bush's approval of three new medical schools during his tenure has diluted resources, Price told the newspaper.

Bush has also been criticized for his ``One Florida' proposal, an initiative that ended race-based admissions programs at state universities.

Machen maintains, however, that Bush has benefited the university, such as by providing the funding to attract nationally recognized faculty.

Machen also pointed to Bush's First Generation Scholarship program, modeled after a University of Florida effort to help high school students at risk of not making it to college.

University officials said they could not recall any precedent for the Senate rejecting the nominees put forth by the Faculty Senate's Honorary Degrees, Distinguished Alumnus Awards and Memorials Committee. The committee determines whether nominees deserve consideration according to standards that include ``eminent distinction in scholarship or high distinction in public service.'

``The committee endorsed him,' Machen said. ``It is unheard of that a faculty committee would look at candidates, make recommendations and then (those candidates) be overturned by the Senate.'

An e-mail sent to Bush by The Associated Press was not immediately returned.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 12:48 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Jeb Bush Denied Honor at U. of Florida

Saturday March 24, 2007 1:01 PM

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - University of Florida President Bernie Machen says he was ``tremendously disappointed' with the school's Faculty Senate vote to deny former Gov. Jeb Bush an honorary degree.

The Senate voted 38-28 Thursday against giving the honorary degree to Bush, who left office in January.

``Jeb Bush has been a great friend of the University of Florida,' Machen said Friday, adding that the Senate's action is ``unheard of.'

Some faculty expressed concern about Bush's record in higher education.

``I really don't feel this is a person who has been a supporter of UF,' Kathleen Price, associate dean of library and technology at the school's Levin College of Law, told The Gainesville Sun after the vote.

Bush's approval of three new medical schools during his tenure has diluted resources, Price told the newspaper.

Bush has also been criticized for his ``One Florida' proposal, an initiative that ended race-based admissions programs at state universities.

Machen maintains, however, that Bush has benefited the university, such as by providing the funding to attract nationally recognized faculty.

Machen also pointed to Bush's First Generation Scholarship program, modeled after a University of Florida effort to help high school students at risk of not making it to college.

University officials said they could not recall any precedent for the Senate rejecting the nominees put forth by the Faculty Senate's Honorary Degrees, Distinguished Alumnus Awards and Memorials Committee. The committee determines whether nominees deserve consideration according to standards that include ``eminent distinction in scholarship or high distinction in public service.'

``The committee endorsed him,' Machen said. ``It is unheard of that a faculty committee would look at candidates, make recommendations and then (those candidates) be overturned by the Senate.'

An e-mail sent to Bush by The Associated Press was not immediately returned.

John 4:44
For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 12:57 pm
Yeah that explains Jeb. No honor.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 03:52 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Yeah that explains Jeb. No honor.

It is God who will honor those who do not receive their rightful due here on earth not some snooty-tooty university board. Some seek honor of men and yet some seek a higher calling with the honor of God.

1Corinthians 4:3
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 03:55 pm
dingbat
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 04:05 pm
Rex, well I'm sure will get his due on Judgement Day.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 07:34 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Rex, well I'm sure will get his due on Judgement Day.

Or reward, depending on God's pleasure... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 02:58 pm
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/5/17/134025.shtml

Jeb and Newt "08" Yea!
0 Replies