neptuneblue

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 01:03 pm
@Baldimo,
I just asked him to provide answers to my questions. Didn't think it was that big of a deal.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 01:23 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
You cannot point out any place where I have ever said such a thing.

The only reason I can't point it out is that the exchange occurred several years ago and it's almost impossible to find a particular statement in "My Recent Posts" unless you know the exact date or can identify the exact page of the thread. When I called you on your claim you waffled a bit and then said that someone had described you as being as smart as Einstein. In any case it doesn't matter. Because unlike you, Einstein didn't waste his time repeating the same asinine and repetitive arguments on a message board — or in letters to the newspaper, if that's the technological equivalent.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 01:28 pm
@oralloy,
As do your repetitive answers.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 01:56 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
But why are these questions worth that two minutes of my time? Are you going to pay me for my time?

They may not be worth time, how about a measure of lives? And no, I'm not going to pay you.
oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 03:25 pm
@neptuneblue,
The thing is, I don't see how these questions are relevant to the discussion, or to my position on the issue.

I'm pretty sure I saw some recent stats on the number of gun deaths, but I didn't bother to take any notice of the number when I saw it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 03:29 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
The only reason I can't point it out is that the exchange occurred several years ago and it's almost impossible to find a particular statement in "My Recent Posts" unless you know the exact date or can identify the exact page of the thread.

Or unless your IQ is 170. 😎

hightor wrote:
When I called you on your claim you waffled a bit and then said that someone had described you as being as smart as Einstein.

My replies never waffle.

Further, not only did I not claim to be the equal of Einstein, I also did not say that anyone else described me as being as smart as Einstein.

What I said from the start was that I had been nicknamed Einstein a few times.

I made it very clear that despite my high IQ, I am short on creativity, and Einstein clearly was not short of creativity.

These are my original posts:
http://able2know.org/topic/367642-3#post-6362859
http://able2know.org/topic/367642-3#post-6362954

Here is the post where you thought you were calling me out:
http://able2know.org/topic/355218-482#post-6366123

Here is the post where I corrected your claims:
http://able2know.org/topic/355218-484#post-6366301

I appear to have botched my editing in my last post. That "that" clearly doesn't belong in my first sentence. Oh well.

This is almost as strange as the one where I was accused of making Donald Trump's statements.
http://able2know.org/topic/527198-3#post-6880978
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 04:40 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Actually though, [oralloy is] not particularly dominant, just garrulous. With him it's quantity and repetition, not quality or originality.
Yes. Some years ago, there was a lady who walked around the Vancouver downtown core wearing a piece of carpet on her head and who yelled very odd things into the air around her. She was by far the loudest person you'd meet there and she was there pretty much every day. I never thought of her as a "dominant".
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 05:13 pm
@blatham,
Not dominant, but every thread he enters centers on him.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 05:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hes kind of like the stone in your shoe when you have to keep on walking and cant take it off.

blatham

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 06:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
He's a troll. That's his game. But I've had him on ignore forever and not only is he NOT center to me, he is completely invisible - except for responses to him.

Everybody who reads his posts and then feels they must reply are who give him power and put him at the center. This is a stupidity that continually drives me away from this site.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 07:08 pm
@blatham,
But someone has to answer his b s. Some newcomers might not recognize the b s.
blatham

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 07:19 pm
@RABEL222,
If a newcomer arrives and engages him, so what? Let it happen. If necessary, give the newcomer a heads up on the character and inform him/her that many have put the guy on ignore for trolling behaviors. Recommend the newcomer does the same. If that newcomer continues to engage, put him on ignore too.

This or any other site is made far, far worse when trolls are engaged. Good people fall away and the jerks proliferate.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 07:31 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Everybody who reads his posts and then feels they must reply are who give him power and put him at the center. This is a stupidity that continually drives me away from this site.

Well, I guess that is determined by how influential "power" is on this forum. To tout an IQ number is someone's claim to fame, have at it. I can choose to believe it...or not. Just as much as being called stupid for interacting with other forum member. I choose to think learning comes from different angles and perspectives. That's why I ask questions. Some of it is comical. Some of it is absurd and some is actually thought provoking.

If you feel that's not in your best interests, then, there you go. Travel your own path.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 07:52 pm
@blatham,
Quote:

Wow! You just called almost everyone in this thread, and other threads, stupid. But don't worry, they're all taking it lying down--er, I mean taking it well.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:15 pm
@Glennn,
I'm not so sure, I don't think he called individuals stupid, I believe he was reminding members that it's stupidity to allow yourself to be baited into responding to pestiferous folks who are unbalanced or just annoyingly maladjusted. I certainly don't have the patience of a Saint, and I have stupidly allowed my annoyance with boneheads to override my better judgement. So, I know it's stupid because all it does is reward lightweight simpletons as if they matter and encourages them to continue...but, but, but I have snapped at simpletons in the past, and in the fairly recent past and it sure as hell wasn't a smart thing to do. (for reasons as described above)

Bottom line for me, sometimes it's helpful to be reminded to do the thing you know is the right thing to do..

Sturgis

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 11:46 pm
@Glennn,
The behavior is the stupidity, not necessarily individuals.
oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 01:23 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Quote:
Actually though, [oralloy is] not particularly dominant, just garrulous. With him it's quantity and repetition, not quality or originality.
Yes. Some years ago, there was a lady who walked around the Vancouver downtown core wearing a piece of carpet on her head and who yelled very odd things into the air around her. She was by far the loudest person you'd meet there and she was there pretty much every day. I never thought of her as a "dominant".

There's a guy from Vancouver who posts on the internet. Well, probably a lot of guys from Vancouver post on the internet, but I'm thinking of one guy in particular. He doesn't wear carpet on his head (as far as I know), but he does run around finding quotes from people that he thinks are regarded as intellectuals, and then yells "Look everybody! I think what the smart people think! I must be just like them!"

I don't think of him as dominant either.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 01:24 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Most leftists outright hate anyone who posts facts.

When someone like me comes along and posts facts, these leftists throw massive temper tantrums.

You have my respect for not being like these people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 01:25 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Hes kind of like the stone in your shoe when you have to keep on walking and cant take it off.

Only for people who can't stand to see facts posted.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 01:26 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
He's a troll. That's his game.

Hardly. I just post facts while you want to whitewash reality.

blatham wrote:
But I've had him on ignore forever

Some people can't cope with seeing facts posted.

blatham wrote:
Everybody who reads his posts and then feels they must reply are who give him power and put him at the center.

I don't get power from the fact that leftists throw temper tantrums whenever I post facts.

I suppose I do get some sort of satisfaction from having posted facts that the left was trying to whitewash, but the left's reaction to those facts is inconsequential.

blatham wrote:
This is a stupidity that continually drives me away from this site.

You don't add anything to this site other than childish name-calling. Go ahead and leave.
0 Replies