monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:46 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
"oralloy" is a self-proclaimed Einstein

No. I thought I had made that clear the difference between he and I.

Also, while my post about my degree of intelligence was made by myself, the assessments referred to in my post were not self assessments.

hightor wrote:
assumes that his brilliance excuses him from meeting normal standards of rational discourse.

Nonsense. Note that I regularly meet those very standards.

hightor wrote:
We're lucky to have him here.

True. I add facts to these discussions that would otherwise be missing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:48 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
It has been my experience that anyone who uses the term "self-loathing Jew" to describe a Jewish person not aligned with Likud or other right wing policies and values (which is the only context where I've ever seen the term used) is probably someone not worth engaging. Just my personal opinion.

It looks as if Blatham doesn't like it when people stand up to Nazi hate.
camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:50 pm
@oralloy,
I'm sure it's just that he dislikes dishonest people.
oralloy

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:50 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I'm so lucky in this that I became tired of all the lucky and had to put him on ignore, not being able to withstand the avalanche of good fortune pouring over me.

What happened was your attempts to feign intelligence were failing and you knew it. So you spewed an outrageous personal attack against me and then ran and hid.
oralloy

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:51 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
He is very Trump like, repeating the same mindless things over and over instead of addressing the facts.

I address the facts in every post. You just don't like hearing those facts.
cicerone imposter

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:53 pm
@maporsche,
The major one being the repeal of ACA. It would take away insurance from 16 million in our country, and result in many unnecessary deaths. It should also destroy the Republican Party for the foreseeable future.
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:53 pm
@oralloy,
I have to say that I have read his posts, and yours. The feigning most assuredly hasn't been from him.

By the time I'm half a sentence into a post of yours, it's clear that it's same ole same ole.
oralloy

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:56 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
No, it really doesn't sound like that at all. We've had some good exchanges although I get the feeling that he is replying pretty much by rote, especially with regard to 2nd Amendment issues. But hell, I'm sure we've all fallen back on well-worn humorless talking points on occasion.

When it comes to questions of fact, the best response is to post facts.

hightor wrote:
I was disappointed in his characterization of Yonotan Shapira as a "self-hating Jew" and a "Nazi", though.

When Nazis spout hateful false accusations against Jews, it should be denounced.

hightor wrote:
I guess this is a typical attack line used by Likudniks, as President Trump’s nominee to be ambassador to Israel, David M. Friedman, had to apologize for a similar characterization during the campaign:

Quote:
Mr. Friedman came under fire last year for an op-ed he wrote for the website of Arutz Sheva, an Israeli media organization, in which he said supporters of the liberal Jewish lobbying organization J Street were “far worse than kapos,” referring to the Jews who cooperated with the Nazis.

NYT

He apologized? I'm disappointed. All he did was tell the truth.

One should never apologize for being truthful.
camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:56 pm
@oralloy,
I address the facts in every post.
----------------

That is patently false.

You never addressed the facts from FEMA, the facts about and from NIST, the facts from the videos, the facts from the USGS, the facts from RJ Lee Group, the facts from ... .
camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:57 pm
@oralloy,
A dandy example of you addressing facts with "facts".
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:57 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
I'm sure it's just that he dislikes dishonest people.

No. Blatham has never had any ethical problems with dishonesty. He just didn't like being found out that he was feigning intelligence.
camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:00 pm
@oralloy,
Please, you are making a right fool of yourself. You are a sad caricature of a loony right winger.

There is more in his greetings than there is in the sum total of all the posts of yours I've read.
Baldimo

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:00 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
I know he did. But had no realistic way of achieving 1% of what he (and you and I) might want.

A Canadian and a Frenchman talking about what they want to see in the US and what is best for US citizens...
oralloy

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:02 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
I have to say that I have read his posts, and yours. The feigning most assuredly hasn't been from him.

Blatham keeps linking to the views of commentators that he deems (usually correctly) to be intelligent liberals. We're meant to get the impression that he is like those he links to.

However, if you confront him with original thinking that would require him to think for himself instead of just referring to the views of someone else, he founders quickly.

When that happens, Blatham's name-calling gets quite nasty.
camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:03 pm
@Baldimo,
Is that any crazier than Americans deciding what is best Iraqis, Afghans, Syrians, Cubans, Vietnamese, Koreans, Chileans, ... ?
camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:04 pm
@oralloy,
if you
-----

The generic 'you' obviously. I've not once seen you use original thinking.
oralloy

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:05 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
You never addressed the facts from FEMA, the facts about and from NIST, the facts from the videos, the facts from the USGS, the facts from RJ Lee Group, the facts from ... .

Your 9/11 conspiracy gibberish is hardly factual.

And I would have addressed it a bit more, but you started resorting to personal attacks, so I didn't bother.
camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:06 pm
@oralloy,
How poorly you comprehend. It isn't my information. It is from FEMA, USGS, NIST, ... .

All you do is personal attack.
Baldimo

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:06 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Casting a multibillionaire like DeVos with her family and political history as one of the African American children being protected so they could enter a newly integrated school is about as far away from a moral parallel of unjust victimization and marginalization as one might imagine.

It is actually quite fitting and has nothing to do with Devos and her family but with having a Conservative in charge of the school system. Conservatives are not wanted in school decisions and the left is doing the same exact thing to Devos that they did to blacks prior to the civil rights era, "we don't want you here, so we are going to be loud and violent until we get our way." It's the very same mentality that the left has displayed for the last 20 years.
oralloy

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 04:07 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
Please, you are making a right fool of yourself. You are a sad caricature of a loony right winger.

There is more in his greetings than there is in the sum total of all the posts of yours I've read.

You and Blatham are actually quite similar.

You both rely on personal attacks instead of making reasoned arguments.