monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 10:50 am
@oralloy,
But he is not self hating. He speaks honestly about the war crimes and terrorism committed by Israel.

As do these former Israeli soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_D6TlZTWRI

And this Israeli gentleman, the founder of Breaking the Silence, in Seattle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxHE4KrLvj0

And Miko Peled, the son of a Israeli General.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXAm-OylQQ

And Anna Baltzer, a Jewish American lady who documents Israeli crimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5XlEZoi1c

They don't engage in propaganda like you do. They describe the situation as it really happens.
McGentrix

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 10:52 am
@gungasnake,

Черт, они вычислили нас!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
McGentrix

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:02 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Can I borrow and paraphrase one of the lines that I remember seeing a lot before the election?

"Well, if Flynn didn't lie to the vice president then this leak wouldn't have ever been a problem."

Oooohhh, another....

"If Trump trusts Flynn so much, then show the evidence to refute the facts."

Ugh. I hate when I agree with you. Had Flynn been truthful, he'd still be NSA director. What he did regarding the phone calls were not illegal. It was the lying about that cost him his job.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:07 am
Now you can track precisely how well President Trump is doing, in real time
Quote:
Trump and his team think the Dow is a good indicator of how he’s doing, so be it. That gives us the opportunity to see how Trump is doing in near real-time — at least while the markets are open.

http://i.imgur.com/AAwSlBQ.jpg

Quote:
There is an obvious risk for Trump and Conway to link their job performance to the Dow. The Dow moves based on a lot of things, most of which are out of the president’s control. It also has a habit of suddenly and dramatically moving downward, which will prompt a lot of critics of the administration to point to those tweets above
blatham

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:08 am
@maporsche,
I love you
layman

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:08 am
Isn't this the same media idiot who kept trying to disrupt Trump's first press conference--until Trump bitch-slapped his sorry ass, I mean?

0 Replies

layman

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:29 am
I guess he learned his manners from this mexican. The guy at the end says "Get out of my country."

]
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:30 am
@oralloy,
You continue with your usual arrant nonsense because you have only made false accusations, without providing a shred of truth or proof.

blatham

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:42 am
@georgeob1,
We both know why I bolded that phrase used by Thomas.
blatham

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:47 am
@old europe,
Quote:
Is it too early for our English speaking friends to learn the term "Gleichschaltung?"

I had to look it up. It's a dilly of a term in the present American context.
Quote:
In Nazi terminology, Gleichschaltung (German pronunciation: [ˈɡlaɪçʃaltʊŋ]), was the process of Nazification by which Nazi Germany successively established a system of totalitarian control and coordination over all aspects of society, "from the economy and trade associations to the media, culture and education".

Obviously, there isn't an on/off switch for these things. They take time and the necessary conditions to come into being. But interim steps in that direction are not at all difficult to identify in the present.
hightor

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:48 am
@camlok,
"oralloy" is a self-proclaimed Einstein and assumes that his brilliance excuses him from meeting normal standards of rational discourse. We're lucky to have him here.
blatham

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:51 am
@camlok,
It has been my experience that anyone who uses the term "self-loathing Jew" to describe a Jewish person not aligned with Likud or other right wing policies and values (which is the only context where I've ever seen the term used) is probably someone not worth engaging. Just my personal opinion.
cicerone imposter

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I've followed the DOW most of my adult life, because of our in investments. It has nothing to do with the president. Most times, it moves based on emotion, and not the macro economy.
How often have we heard during the past couple of years that the stock market was too high and would lose up to 80%.
Most of the pundits also recommend that the older one gets, they should increase their bond holdings. Hogwash! It's the economy, stupid! As long as the US economy continues it's growth, that's what matters.

According to the pundits, we should be invested in equities at 20% and bonds at 80%. Our investments are the reverse of that recommendation. Guess how much we've gained by not listening to the pundits the past couple of years? The stock market hit new highs.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
As if these lying bozos would even acknowledge they'd said anything like that previously or that they meant what they obviously meant when they said it, given any downturn (which, as is noted, is inevitable). They are doing propaganda and there's nothing rational to be expected in their behavior.

Earlier, I posted a Vox piece on Conway's techniques. If you didn't see it, take a look.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:04 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
"oralloy" is a self-proclaimed Einstein and assumes that his brilliance excuses him from meeting normal standards of rational discourse. We're lucky to have him here.

I'm so lucky in this that I became tired of all the lucky and had to put him on ignore, not being able to withstand the avalanche of good fortune pouring over me.
camlok

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:06 pm
@blatham,
He is very Trump like, repeating the same mindless things over and over instead of addressing the facts.
blatham

Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:07 pm
Winner of our prestigious "Shhhhh, god damn it!" award for the day
Quote:
The Russian government has instructed state media outlets to cut back on favorable coverage of U.S. President Donald Trump, according to Bloomberg.

Citing three unnamed people familiar with the matter, Bloomberg reported Thursday that the Kremlin had justified the instruction to cut back on coverage by saying that Russian viewers weren’t interested in the details of Trump's nascent presidency.

The decision, Bloomberg noted, came on the heels of the ouster of Trump’s national security adviser, retired Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, who sat with Putin at a media event in Moscow in 2015 and is widely reported in Russia to be a sympathetic voice in Washington.
TPM