Are you watching the World Cup?

Kolyo

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 03:53 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I would love to see that, I really would.

The world cup takes place during business hours here, so I've only seen one half of football so far -- Sweden-Germany, second half. But I think I'm going to watch the whole Uruguay-portugal match just in case. Smile
izzythepush

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 01:47 am
@Kolyo,
For once that's not a problem over here.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 09:55 am
Wow! That was a real rollercoaster. Edge of the seat stuff to the very end.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:29 am
Today's Argentinian insults:

"Rojo, if you run more than a hundred meters without tumbling I'm gonna buy you desserts until you become diabetic".

"Abortion should have been legal 60 years ago, so the bitch would have never given birth to Sampaoli".

"******* bald Sampaoli, put Dybala and LoCelso in the pitch, right now you have 8 mononeuronal mannequins on the field. Fix something, you asshole!"

"I **** on your dead ones, Mascherano, you are slower than Maradona running away from the police. If we are eliminated, I'll stick Sampaoli's head down your ass".

"You assholes, Pope Francis prayed and prayed for you, and now he's mad as hell and planning on becoming a Buddhist"

McGentrix

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 03:07 pm
Who'd of thought they'd see today's results so far?
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 03:26 pm
@fbaezer,
In my opinion, Messi and Ronaldo should have learned something today - Maradona is king!
Kolyo

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 03:46 pm
I just saw a betting line at Forbes that had Uruguay favored over Portugal going into today's action, and I certainly wanted them to win. I think if cavani is okay after limping off the field, they can beat France.

I've liked them since they beat England 4 years ago. They've always punched above their weight. I started reading about them last world cup. The country doesn't seem as corrupt as other south American countries.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 06:03 pm
@lmur,
I think they should have learned that the name of the game is football assocciation.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 01:00 pm
They're close, but Mexico still have a way to go to get to the level of the first tier teams like Brazil.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 01:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
I was sad that Mexico lost, but Brazil was clearly the better team.

Neymar's acting job when Layun touched his ankle was ridiculous. When are they going to start penalizing this nonsense?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 01:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Japan .... two goals in four minutes against Belgium.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 01:52 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
94th minute victory for Belgium.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 02:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
https://i.imgur.com/xOFF4iE.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 03:03 pm
Everyone is going ******* mental!
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 03:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Southgate is redeemed.
fbaezer

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 04:37 pm
Weren't the English supposed to lose in EVERY penalty kick definition?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 04:37 pm
@InfraBlue,
Not yet.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2018 01:58 am
This was released for the 96 Euros when England hosted the games and has been played pretty much continuously since. Trouble was it's a good song and other fans started singing it too. During the infamous semi final penalty shoot out where Gareth Southgate missed the German fans started singing it.

That was a double whammy, the Germans hadn't just taken the cup, they'd taken the bloody song too.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2018 09:03 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Everyone is going ******* mental!

I bet they were. Congrats!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2018 10:22 am
@blatham,
Thank you. Can't believe England have won a penalty shoot out. We've never done it before.