Michael Moore's Bodyguard Arrested on Gun Charge

candidone1

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:51 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
As far as losing or keeping weight off .... might I suggest eating a can of tuna for lunch and a large glass of pink grapefruit juice. If you are so hungry that a can of tuna sounds good, you are doing something right. Also, get lots of exercise.

Cottage cheese and pureed or chopped fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pineapple etc.) makes a good one as well.
Can't beat tuna for it's ease, protein content and diverse uses.
There ar great flavored tuna's out on the shelves now that are fantastic (tomato-basil, thai, lemon pepper...)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:20 pm
But watch the salt content of those specialty tunas. The mercury content could be a factor and I'm not sure if Geisha is "cleaner" than the other store bought canned tunas. I have bought the higher end tunas from Northern California and Oregon online and they are delicious. Bumble Bee got into the act with a higher grade canned tuna on the supermarket shelves.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:24 pm
Fish always tastes better when you catch it yourself. Here are two tunas, your choice.

http://www.bigfishcharters.com/jl10.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:30 pm
Can't tell if that's a yellow fin tuna or not (the one on the left). In the 70's I visited Kona on the Big Island during the Billfish Tournament (damn cannon going off at the end of the peninsula at 7:00 AM was choice -- especially if we'd been out partying at the Chart House in the hills). A large Hawaiian woman (who could have been Michael Moore in Hawaiian drag) in a very small boat brought in a record yellow fin that was hanging half way out of her boat. Without her as ballast, they would have capsized! Okay, who's that on the right so I don't make any off-color jokes about someone's family!

See, now isn't this more fun than bickering about politics?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:35 pm
Gee, I thought this thread was going to about guns. I dug up this poem for the occasion:

Saw A Jolly Hunter

I saw a jolly hunter
With a jolly gun
Walking in the country
In the jolly sun.

In the jolly meadow
Sat a jolly hare.
Saw the jolly hunter.
Took jolly care.

Hunter jolly eager-
Sight of jolly prey.
Forgot gun pointing
Wrong jolly way.

Jolly hunter jolly head
Over heels gone.
Jolly old safety catch
Not jolly on.

Bang went the jolly gun.
Hunter jolly dead.
Jolly hare got clean away.
Jolly good, I said.

Charles Causley
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:38 pm
I have no idea who that is. I Googled the image.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:41 pm
Well, I'm still going to defer to being politically correct and make no jokes about the choice having to do with the odor of fish.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:42 pm
An D'art, that rabbit that you get at your favorite mediterranean restaurant is probably just a cat they got from the chinese place next door.

Knowing where your food comes from is a good thing.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:43 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Well, I'm still going to defer to being politically correct and make no jokes about the choice having to do with the odor of fish.

Looks like a cute asian chick with big knockers. I'd think that the odor would depend upon what she's been eating...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
It could be what someone else is eating.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
(Oh, Robin Williams, save us from this debauchery).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:03 pm
Debauchery?? Did I hear someone say, "debauchery"? Where could I have been that I missed that! Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:09 pm
Oh, Phoenix, I knew you had a nose for debauchery. There's something to be said about the entertainment value of decadence and debauchery. Well, short of the Marquis de Sade, of course.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:13 pm
Laughing Even "course" got highlighted for Microsoft PC lessons!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:15 pm
Dang -- I made another adlink! Sttooooop! I'll type in Craven now and see if it leads to a link to get a date with Craven. NOT.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:16 pm
(I'm joshin', of course, I know it helps pay for the site -- we don't want to go the way of Abuzz!)
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:33 pm
Well, I was going to say something like "14 pages devoted to this non-story while innocents are being slaughtered in Iraq thanks to Bush's debacle" but I see the thread has taken an off-topic course.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:43 pm
Another Sanfrancisite shows up. Question for you Chrissie, did you ever notice that in your little celebration of diversity, that either everyone thinks the same thing about the president, or they are ostracised? Just something to think about.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 04:15 pm
A man unafraid to generalize, I see. Guess what, there were Bush voters in Seattle, too. At least in theory; can't say that I know any...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 04:20 pm
San Francisco voted something like 90% Kerry. Their message of diversity is "everything and anything goes, as long as it's not white, middle american culture". I see and hear it everyday, living here the bay area.
0 Replies