Michael Moore's Bodyguard Arrested on Gun Charge

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:41 pm
I'm sure that OfCC was as mad at the fact the guy got busted as they were thrilled to find out who he was.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:42 pm
Quote:
errrrrrr, Phoenix, you might want to make sure you get confirmation on anything you pick up from that OfCC link I posted, before you reference any of it as factual.

ehBeth- I hear ya. Actually, at this point in time, I take EVERYTHING I read with a grain of salt, including, (and maybe especially) the mainstream news. I will not vouch for anything, for sure, unless I have seen it myself!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:46 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I'm sure that OfCC was as mad at the fact the guy got busted as they were thrilled to find out who he was.

If this is confirmable, why isn't anyone else covering it? I'd imagine a lot of American media would find this a great story.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:49 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Sorry Tico, I didn't see your earlier post.

Not all .... I definitely think this topic deserved a thread of its own, as evidenced by the discussion we've been having.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:49 pm
Remember the evil media has a left leaning bias.
They will protect their spokesman :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 03:50 pm
Well, the story is finally being picked up:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6849229/

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4027159

http://movies.dcealumni.com/archives/2190-michael-moore-bodyguard-in-police-custody/

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/news/celebrity/sns-ap-moore-bodyguard-arrested,0,2915152.story?coll=mmx-celebrity_heds
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 05:08 pm
Aha, so he wasn't Moore's personal bodyguard and the gun in question was unloaded and in his luggage. A lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 05:10 pm
I see those faces on this thread once again attempting to villify Moore with no ammunition themselves:

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:00 pm
Excuse me? As stated by the NRA spokesman, "based on emperical evidence, it's the height of hypocrisy".

I'd have to agree. The story also points out the problem with the lack of reciprocation regarding CCW licenses from state to state. There should be some way to have a national CCW over and above state issued ones. This has been batted around, especially for active as well as inactive LEO's. New York's gun laws are draconian.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:02 pm
An NRA spokesman? Don't make me laugh.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:03 pm
(You're roiling up a pot that's full of ****).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:04 pm
Well, now that there's more info coming out on this - the title of the thread looks even sillier.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:08 pm
There are Dan Rathers on the right!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:09 pm
From the msnbc.com article:

"When asked to comment Thursday on the arrest of Moore's bodyguard, NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said: "Based on empirical evidence, this is the height of hypocrisy.""

What part of this don't you understand LW?

And what makes the thread look silly ehbeth? The guy got busted, with a gun, in a state where they don't like guns. Explain.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:11 pm
The gun was in a suitcase, it was a company hire by Moore's assitants (it was not his personal bodyguard) and the gun was unloaded. What part of that don't you understand? Have another cocktail, go to bed and call me in the morning. The NRA spokesman should be equally embarassed.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:12 pm
I give up. If you guys can't see the obvious hypocrisy in this, then there's no point in me arguing it, because you are blinded by your love of Moore (that's more with a "moo").
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:14 pm
You're blinded by your hatred. I don't particularly love Moore but I'm glad he exists to give the other side of the story.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:16 pm
I'll agree that I hate Moore, and not just because of F9/11. He's a turd with legs.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:24 pm
There you go -- no rational argument available to you so you resort to childish name calling. To be expected.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:26 pm
None needed, the guy is an argument against himself.
0 Replies