Ticomaya wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

VERRRY INTERESTING!

Looks like a case of "Do as I say, Not as I do!"

Really? Mind explaining in what way?

Sure ......

cjhsa wrote:
Moore's 2003 Oscar-winning film "Bowling for Columbine" criticizes what Moore calls America's "culture of fear" and its obsession with guns.

You obviously didn't see Bowling for Columbine.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:58 pm
Here we go again, Moore being criticized for his views in Bowling for Columbine by people who haven't even seen the movie. If anyone wants to point out a segment from the movie in which Moore even hints that he opposes guns in the hands of responsible security and law enforcement people, I will be glad to agree that he is a hypocrite.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:05 pm
They don't have to see it, Chrissee, 'cause they can go to all the hate Michael Moore websites and assimilate what their robotic minds want to believe. They're on the bottom of that pot I mentioned hoping either in optimism or pessimism they will find something there. They're likely to find GWB at the bottom of it and then ignore what they have found.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:12 pm
cjhsa wrote:
From the msnbc.com article:

"When asked to comment Thursday on the arrest of Moore's bodyguard, NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said: "Based on empirical evidence, this is the height of hypocrisy.""

What part of this don't you understand LW?

And what makes the thread look silly ehbeth? The guy got busted, with a gun, in a state where they don't like guns. Explain.

What looks silly? Right now?

I'll try to be nice and say that what looks silly is the title of the thread and the efforts of some people to make this arrest have anything to do with Michael Moore. I had a meal with cavfancier a couple of years ago. If I get food poisoning next week, I'm guessing you'd title the thread "chef's dinner companion poisoned by bad fish".

The MSNBC link points out that the guy travelled to New York State with Moore at another time. Moore wasn't on this trip with him. Moore is not his employer. There is no significant connection to make between the bodyguard and his attempt to check a gun - and Michael Moore.

and Chrissie's right. This site is full of people who make comments about films they've never seen, don't intend to see - but think they know all about because they read something sometime somewhere.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:12 pm
Chrissee wrote:
If anyone wants to point out a segment from the movie in which Moore even hints that he opposes guns in the hands of responsible security and law enforcement people, I will be glad to agree that he is a hypocrite.

What difference would it make? This body guard was neither responsible (or else he wouldn't have been carting a handgun around in violation of the law) nor is he law enforcement so he doesn't fit in either of the two categories you mention.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:19 pm
You people are really scraping the bottom of that **** pot.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:20 pm
Quote:
He was questioned by police last night after he notified a United Airlines ticket agent that he wanted to carry his weapon - unloaded and in a bag - on a flight to Los Angeles, said authorities.

The bodyguard, who works for the Californian-based security firm Gavin de Becker & Associates, told police he had travelled to New York with Moore earlier this month.

He produced licences for his Mauser handgun from California and Florida, but not from New York, which prompted his arrest, authorities said.

Burk has been assigned to protect Moore at times in the past, but is not his personal bodyguard, Gavin de Becker said.

De Becker defended Burk, saying he had followed proper procedures at the airport. He called him "a leading professional in his field".
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:21 pm
Since you've apparently been living under a rock there LW - to "cart" something means to be moving it. It's a transitive verb.

"to carry or convey in or as if in a cart" (or suitcase in this particular situation).

You'll note I didn't say that he had it tucked into his waistband. Can't you read?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:23 pm
If you were quick enough you notice I realized "cart" could mean moving something in his suitcase. I deleted the post. Can you read?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:25 pm
(Sorry but I don't need your didactic lesson in English, either).
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:25 pm
Damn fishin', I've never seen you so vehement. What the hell is tickin you off?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:28 pm
They fact that the heading of this topic is rather stupid and someone should have seen that before making a landing (with or without carting a gun).
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:33 pm
I have a solution for the gun problem in the US. Simply pass a law that mandates all mailboxes to be sold pre-shot.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:35 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
You're blinded by your hatred. I don't particularly love Moore but I'm glad he exists to give the other side of the story.

Care to explain why you leap to his defense at the slightest hint of a disparaging remark sent his direction? .... if you don't "particularly love" him, that is.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:35 pm
No kidding. that's a hell of a problem in our safe little burg. Luckily high crime rate isn't...serious crime I mean.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:38 pm
When it's this kind of ridiculous assumption, I'd jump to anybody's defense, including you, Tico.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:40 pm
(And I don't love you either. AWWW.)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:40 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
You're blinded by your hatred. I don't particularly love Moore but I'm glad he exists to give the other side of the story.

Care to explain why you leap to his defense at the slightest hint of a disparaging remark sent his direction? .... if you don't "particularly love" him, that is.

Hysterical blindness.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:43 pm
I knew McG could not resist walking into this non-issue war room to put his two old tired Blue Chip Stamps in and until there's is really some story here other than what you don't seem to comprehend, I'll be happy to comment.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:45 pm
Hey, whoa! You are the one defending blimpo and his magic pen.

I am just offering an answer to Tico's question.
0 Replies