Why I left the Democratic Party

maporsche

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 08:21 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Quote:
At least when you and I disagree (often) we seem to have a back and forth.

I suspect that if we were to meet in "real life" we would get along just fine. These forums invite bold opinions.

I agree. This is probably true for most of us I like to think.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 09:28 am
Edgar, get a load of this!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/25/california-democratic-party-declines-to-endorse-dianne-feinstein-in-re-election-bid/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

SAN DIEGO — The California Democratic Party declined to make an endorsement in this year’s U.S. Senate race early Sunday morning, snubbing Sen. Dianne Feinstein in her bid for a fifth full term.

Her main challenger, State Senate leader Kevin de León, won the support of 54 percent of the delegates at the state party convention here this weekend, short of the 60 percent needed to secure the party endorsement. Feinstein received only 37 percent of the votes.

The rebuke of Feinstein by the party delegates comes even though the 25-year incumbent has led polls by wide margins and has received broad support from state party luminaries like Sen. Kamala Harris and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

The results were a sign of discomfort among many liberals who believe Feinstein should do more to challenge President Trump — and of de León’s strong connections to the party’s activist left flank. The endorsement contest was a “test of the establishment’s authority and power,” de León chief of staff Dan Reeves said before the vote.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 09:31 am
@Lash,
That's a hopeful sign. Unless we unseat the ones like her, nothing will get better, no matter which party is on top.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 01:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
My brother is far more of a leftist than you and we enjoy a happy and loving relationship.

Each family has its black sheep, finn.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 01:28 pm
@camlok,
Somehow I suspect that you are more familiar with this than anyone else in this forum.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 01:32 pm
@Lash,
It may be that Feinstein is deemed not left enough (I certainly hope so because that bodes well for the GOP chances in November), but I suspect it is also the case that the octogenarian's mind is beginning to wind down. She's been in the Senate a good long time, but if she is losing it (as a number of incidents suggest) it won't do the Dems much good to have her as a DC spectacle.

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 01:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
LOL. Then, you can rejoice a bit; I’m pretty sure the CA Dems want her out due to your suspicions.

I think the national party will fight to keep her, rather than lose seats and power to progressives.

This will be interesting to watch.
camlok

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 05:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It may be that Feinstein is deemed not left enough (I certainly hope so because that bodes well for the GOP chances in November),

See, Finn, right there, your only intention, your wish, your desire, is for the same, but new evil to get in in place of the same, but old evil.

No one can ever accuse you of being the least bit progressive. And you know, 'progress' is a positive thing.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 05:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn catches himself in more lies. You just recently wrote, at a bit of length, how you had me on ignore. You know, if you continue with this stunning display of hypocrisy you will lose all credibility with Bernie.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 07:15 pm
@Lash,
I hope the "progressives" win.
Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 08:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes, I’m sure you do.

So do I.

You know I have to change my moniker because Trump hasn’t been impeached yet. I’m surprised.

I think we’re in for a nasty, crazy battle in 2020.
oralloy

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 08:45 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
You know I have to change my moniker because Trump hasn’t been impeached yet.

Damn it, I told you you shouldn't have taken that crazy bet. Sad
Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 08:51 pm
@oralloy,
Thought it was a slam dunk.

March 15.
camlok

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 09:39 pm
@Lash,
Trump actually is partially immunized against being impeached. If impeachment were to come simply because of his stupidity, his lies, his arrogance, his ..., then all presidents would be at greater risk in the future.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 08:56 am
@Lash,
You can be sure of that. We're already in the middle of one, and I don't see it ending before 2020.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2018 02:20 pm
I don't really believe this poll, but it still is a move in the right direction.

Mike Collier (Facebook post)

GALLOP & CNN SAY TEXAS IN NO LONGER SOLIDLY REPUBLICAN

Hey Texas GOP & Dan Patrick, that dog just won’t hunt anymore - not in Texas.

Texas Republicans have spent two decades raising property taxes, underfunding schools and roads, encroaching on local control, betraying our Texas values of compassion and civility - Texans have had ENOUGH.

All across the state, there is a movement building of Texans who are taking a stand against the politics of corruption and inaction. We will vote and our voice will be heard this November.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 10:21 am
LEAKED MEMO: Democratic party leaders warn their candidates NOT to discuss gun control.
Lash

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 10:51 am
@edgarblythe,
Do you recall where you read this?

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 10:53 am
@Lash,
Young Turks
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 11:02 am
Here’s what I found.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/375861-progressives-torch-dccc-over-gun-control-single-payer-support%3famp

It’s not a surprise, but it’s nice to finally see msm carrying it.

You can be certain if the Democrats had held on to power, we’d’ve never seen this in print.

Excerpt:

A progressive political action committee (PAC) hit the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) on Tuesday, calling it "out-of-touch" on gun control laws and criticizing its lack of support for single-payer healthcare.

The Justice Democrats - founded by The Young Turks creator, progressive activist Cenk Uygur - shared its criticism of the DCCC in response to reports that the DCCC told lawmakers not to support single-payer healthcare and to refrain from talking about gun-control policies in the wake of a mass shooting last year.

"It's becoming evident that the DCCC - and the billionaire donors and revolving door consultants that make up the Democratic Party's establishment - believe Democrats can only take back Congress running on a watered-down message," the Justice Democrats said in a statement.

0 Replies