maporsche

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 05:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Duplicate post.

Moser looks like a flawed candidate.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 09:18 pm
@maporsche,
I read Moser's statement back when she was supported by Emily's list. Ick.

I was inclined to like her as I had some very good Moser friends in our neighbourhood CIA house when I was a kid but then I read the statement. ick. It was like she thought she was doing Texas a favour by coming back.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 09:28 pm

I have my doubts as to whether a lack of desire to live in Paris, TX can be extrapolated to the entire state, just for openers in rebutting the DCCC's projecting "outright disgust" onto Moser's reticence to live in one of her ancestors' homes. I'm just supposin' here, but maybe somebody at the DCCC doesn't really know that Paris is a kind of a long way from the Seventh. And if they think not wanting to live there is bad, then perhaps the good folks who are responsible for getting Blue Dogs elected to Congress might relocate -- just for a few months -- to Vidor, or Jasper, or one of East Texas' other garden spots.

This move was telegraphed earlier in the day in Tilove's 'First Reading' blog at the Statesman by none other than the keynote speaker for the Harris County Democratic Party's big fundraising dinner (just last week). It was quickly followed up by this account in The Intercept about Emily's List, endorser of union-busting law firm attorney Lizzie Pannill Fletcher, launching their own broadside against Moser. The reveal:

“Alex T(riantaphyllis) has been open about being the chosen candidate of the [Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee],” said Daniel Cohen, president of Indivisible Houston, who is not endorsing any particular candidate. (The DCCC has not officially endorsed a candidate in the primary, though its support can come in less public ways.)

Moser is hosting actress and Democratic activist Alyssa Milano this weekend for what will now be a much larger and more engaged rally than it would have been just 24 hours ago.

So with Harris County turnout already surging and media attention to the CD-07 race going national, we're headed for a rip-roaring finish to the wildest Democratic Congressional primary I can recall.

I'll be onboard for the full ride.
Posted by PDiddie
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 09:32 pm
I got my ballot today. Moser is not in my district or I would vote for her. I made my list of candidates based on a list of progressives running. Will fill it out tomorrow, after studying some of the candidates a bit more. I don't expect many Democrats to win, progressive or otherwise, but I could be pleasantly surprised.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:42 am
maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:37 am
@edgarblythe,
Tell me, who else is running in this race and what are their progressive credentials?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:44 am
I don't mind when people come in to try to neutralize everything I post here. It just brings out the bankrupt medium they operate in.
maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't mind when people come in to try to neutralize everything I post here. It just brings out the bankrupt medium they operate in.

Jesus Edgar, grow up (how many times should a 75 year old man be told this?).

You live in Texas. You posted about this woman several times. On a forum where people talk this could be seen as an invitation to talk to you about this race.

You seem to be making a claim the the DCCC is pushing out Progressive voices, because the are against this candidate (I think Lash would call her a carpet bagger). For a more complete picture, I’m just wondering if there are any other Progressive voices in this primary.
maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:20 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
For a more complete picture, I’m just wondering if there are any other Progressive voices in this primary.

Maybe the answer is that the other 6 candidates have very progressive voices too, and the DCCC is only trying to thin out a crowded race by supporting more authentic and less flawed candidates.

I get why you’d want to remain ignorant about that though, it doesn’t support your narrative.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:55 pm
McG—this is what you said in 2004. Not a lot of elaboration, but you were thinking some restrictions were a good idea.

Gun Control- Anyone who wants one and can demonstrate responibility through a background check and training should own be able to own one.

—————————————

I agree with that. In 2004, I added no assault rifles to my gun control wish list. I’ve changed my mind about that because I’m confident that if the other items in my wish list would be realized, we wouldn’t need to ban assault rifles.

So, what do you think?
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 06:41 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:

It's really odd you say this, maporsche. None of you "adults" seem at all ready to face reality. I mean, look, there is no evidence, as in ZERO evidence, that supports the Bush/Cheney narrative regarding 9/11.

Just try to locate an actual piece of evidence that would be taken in a court of law.

But the really crazy thing for the "true believers" is that there are so many totally impossible things that preclude the official story from being true.

You are adult enough I gather to know that jet fuel and office furnishings cannot melt WTC structural steel. These hydrocarbon fuels even in ideal burn conditions are 1000F shy of melting steel.

You are adult enough I gather to know that jet fuel and office furnishings cannot VAPORIZE WTC structural steel. These hydrocarbon fuels even in ideal burn conditions are 3,500F shy of the temperatures needed to vaporized WTC structural steel.

And here you are on Edgar's case!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 06:44 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

You live in Texas. You posted about this woman several times. On a forum where people talk this could be seen as an invitation to talk to you about this race.

You seem to be making a claim the the DCCC is pushing out Progressive voices, because the are against this candidate (I think Lash would call her a carpet bagger). For a more complete picture, I’m just wondering if there are any other Progressive voices in this primary.

This is why I ignore almost everything you post. Too stupid to warrant replies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 08:12 pm
I have to amend that last post. It in itself was not so stupid. But it's also the only post by this person I have bothered to look at in probably a couple months.
maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 08:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
So strange.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 08:59 pm
@maporsche,
Really, you need to stop baiting him.

Not to say you or he is wrong but you are playing Sisyphus in this thread.
maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think I’m starting to see your point. It is indeed a struggle to try to engage in conversation with him.

At least when you and I disagree (often) we seem to have a back and forth.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:12 pm
@maporsche,
I haven't seen a "conversation" between you two in a very long time.

maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I haven't seen a "conversation" between you two in a very long time.

Well, I guess I’ve been on his ignore list for several months, which seems strange since he often seems to quickly respond to my posts. But if he truly is ignoring me, or pretending to, then it makes sense that we haven’t really gone far.

I do hope there is some value to people reading the exchange, those who would otherwise take his posts as truth without additional questioning. Not sure if those other readers exist....but here we are.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:24 pm
@maporsche,
You should do what you think is best but I think everyone who attends this thread understands your position vs his.

You're clearly not going to convince him to your way of thinking and it's not as if he is a malignant force in this forum like others who will, for now, remain nameless.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:32 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
At least when you and I disagree (often) we seem to have a back and forth.

I suspect that if we were to meet in "real life" we would get along just fine. These forums invite bold opinions.

My brother is far more of a leftist than you and we enjoy a happy and loving relationship.