Why I left the Democratic Party

Lash

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 11:33 am
@camlok,
Probably. But I do try to be self-aware.

What about you?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 12:24 pm
@Lash,
I told you not to waste your time on me. I have no respect for bushists.
Lash

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 12:30 pm
@Olivier5,
Yet, you keep popping up.

You know, I lost respect for you the day you said Clinton had not been impeached. A chorus of members and I showed you evidence of this pretty well-known fact, and you reverted to insults and ignored accountability. Refused to acknowledge your error and tried to cover it in insults to me.

You very recently attacked someone else for a slow acknowledgement.

He bested you completely.

Talk, don’t talk. I’m not losing sleep.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 12:42 pm
@Lash,
I though "impeached" meant "removed from the presidency through a legal process". If I understand well, I was incorrect in that it only means "was subjected to a legal process to remove him from the presidency", whether the process succeeded or failed. And I did recognise that publicly. Cry me a river.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 02:51 pm
@Olivier5,
Can't you just admit you were wrong without all of the accompanying bullshit? It really isn't that hard. We all make mistakes.
Lash

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 02:52 pm
@Olivier5,
I suspected that's what you thought.

I will laugh you a garden.
I'm going to stop mucking up Edgar's thread.💖💕
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 03:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
As i said, it was an honest mistake about the meaning of the word... What else do you want?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 04:50 pm
@Olivier5,
I don't want anything. That time has passed.

Olivier5

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 05:16 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You haven't given up on complaining, though.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 11:47 am
@Olivier5,
I grant you the last word. Respond in some way so it may be so.
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 12:34 pm
The DCCC fighting progressives.

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/22/national-democrats-go-nuclear-publicly-slam-a-dem-candidate-as-corrupt-for-far-less-than-its-own-officials-do/

Excerpt:

ON THURSDAY EVENING, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee took the extraordinary step of publicly attacking a prominent Democratic candidate in a contested Texas primary. The party committee’s move was made all the more jarring given the background of the candidate, Laura Moser, who in 2017 became a hero of the Trump resistance movement as the creator of Daily Action, a text-messaging tool that channelled progressive anger into a single piece of activism per day.

“Voters in Houston have organized for over a year to hold Rep. [John] Culberson accountable and win this Clinton district,” DCCC Communications Director Meredith Kelly told the Texas Tribune. “Unfortunately, Laura Moser’s outright disgust for life in Texas disqualifies her as a general election candidate, and would rob voters of their opportunity to flip Texas’ 7th in November.”

The comment followed the release of an opposition dossier the party compiled on Moser. To date, the DCCC has made only two such memos public, one on Moser, and the other on arch-conservative Rick Saccone, a Republican running in an upcoming special election in Pennsylvania.

“Democratic voters need to hear that Laura Moser is not going to change Washington. She is a Washington insider, who begrudgingly moved to Houston to run for Congress,” warned the DCCC in its memo.

The dropping of the opposition research on Moser came after The Intercept published an article Thursday morning highlighting a rift in the race, with the pro-choice women’s group EMILY’s List backing Lizzie Pannill Fletcher against Moser. The DCCC and EMILY’s List often work hand in glove. Meanwhile, candidate Alex Triantaphyllis, a former Goldman Sachs analyst, has told people on the campaign trail he was recruited by the DCCC, according to local Indivisible leader Daniel Cohen.

Fletcher, a corporate lawyer with ties to a mega-donor steel magnate, worked for a firm that routinely represents employers. The firm recently defeated local janitorial workers in a labor law case by studying social media feeds to ensure the jury had a healthy number of Trump supporters, a tactic it later boasted about publicly. Fletcher said she didn’t work directly on the case. But the local AFL-CIO made a rare non-endorsement in the race, urging residents to vote for any candidate other than Fletcher, and pledging to do what it can to defeat her.
maporsche

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 12:39 pm
@Lash,
The DCCC called me the other day asking for a political donation.

I gave them $50 and actually in my head had a thought "This is for Lash".
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 12:48 pm
@maporsche,
You’re so proud to be a proponent of the status quo.

I mean, who are those assholes, really, to be asking for universal healthcare and a living wage.

Let em eat cake.

Give them your money. Your time and theirs is coming to an end.

You’re a Republican, right?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 12:50 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You’re so proud to be a proponent of the status quo.

Damn right!

Actually most of their stuff is a bit ****, but I do like the above track.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 01:02 pm
@Lash,
I am proud to vote Democratic, absolutely. I'll continue to do so. The alternative is much worse IMO.

I'm a neoliberal.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 01:15 pm
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 02:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Gime a hug. :-)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 04:25 pm
@maporsche,
That's kind of petty
maporsche

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 04:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That's kind of petty

It wasn't my primary goal there Finn....just a passing thought in my head. I'm sure you've had those.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 05:07 pm
DNCC pushing against progressives. A Texas example
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/02/22/rare-move-national-democrats-come-out-against-laura-moser-primary-cand/