Why I left the Democratic Party

oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 03:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
But the Senate made the correct decision not to prosecute it further. Case closed.
Since you think it is OK for Democratic presidents to break the law, no whining if it ever transpires that a Republican president breaks the law. Republicans get to be above the law too.

cicerone imposter wrote:
A consentual sexual encounter does not equate to a federal felony.
Perjury, obstruction of justice, and witness tampering, however, are all federal felonies.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 03:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Only in your tiny brain.
Name-calling reported for abuse.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 03:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your logic is fascinating: It doesn't exist.
You cannot point out a single flaw in any of my logic.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 03:09 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Nuh-uh.
Do you think that your denials of reality cause reality to stop existing?

I understand that ostriches believe that this happens when they stick their heads in the sand.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 08:16 pm
Black women coalesce in urging support for Maxine Waters.

Quote:
Nearly 200 black female leaders and allies outside of Congress have signed a letter calling on top congressional Democrats to defend Rep. Maxine Waters after she was criticized by members of her own party for urging people to protest President Donald Trump’s Cabinet members in public spaces.

The group includes a mix of local elected officials, religious leaders, academics, activists and political consultants — including some men — who felt Waters was unfairly treated and want Democratic leaders in Congress to apologize.

“We write to share our profound indignation and deep disappointment over your recent failure to protect Congresswoman Waters from unwarranted attacks from the Trump Administration and others in the GOP,” the letter states.

The letter, which was earlier reported by Politico, was sent to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California — both of whom responded last week to Waters’ controversial comments. It was also sent to other Democratic leaders, including Rep. Cedric Richmond of Louisiana, the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, who did offer a public defense of Waters last week.

Last week, Pelosi tweeted a link to a CNN article on Waters’ comments and added that “Trump’s daily lack of civility has provoked responses that are predictable but unacceptable”

For his part, Schumer took to the Senate floor, saying, “I strongly disagree with those who advocate harassing folks if they don’t agree with you.”

“If you disagree with a politician, organize your fellow citizens to action and vote them out of office,” he added. “But no one should call for the harassment of political opponents. That’s not right. That’s not American.”

Trump blasted Waters (D-Calif.) in multiple speeches and tweets last week and accused her of calling for “harm” to his supporters, which she fiercely denied.

“I believe in peaceful, very peaceful protests,” she told reporters on Capitol Hill last week. “I have not called for the harm of anybody. This president has lied again when he’s saying that I’ve called for harm.”

CNN has reached out to Schumer’s and Waters’ offices for comment.

After few colleagues on Capitol Hill publicly defended or agreed with Waters’ remarks, the group of leaders and supporters of Waters organized the letter to send to Democratic leadership.

“Disparaging or failing to support Congresswoman Waters is an affront to her and Black women across the country and telegraphs a message that the Democratic Party can ill afford: that it does not respect Black women’s leadership and political power and discounts the impact of Black women and millennial voters,” the letter says.

The group called on Pelosi and Schumer to “step up and publicly support” Waters as well as apologize “for your public comments insinuating she is ‘uncivil’ and ‘unAmerican.’ “

Responding to the letter, Pelosi said in a statement, “Congresswoman Maxine Waters is a valued leader whose passionate call for family reunification should be heard without any threats to her safety.”

“Donald Trump has sullied the bully pulpit with reckless disregard for the safety of others,” she continued. “He should stop his attacks on Congresswoman Waters and all Members of Congress, the free press, and all Americans who have the right and the responsibility to speak their minds.” — (CNN)

http://www.phillytrib.com/news/black-women-coalesce-in-urging-support-for-maxine-waters/article_09de4102-49e6-5c42-b925-e59ce8336b4d.html
Real Music

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 08:48 pm
*Black women leaders and allies sent the letter below to Senator Chuck Schumer and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi urging them to publicly support Congresswoman Maxine Waters.

Here is a link to the actual letter:

https://www.eurweb.com/2018/07/black-women-send-letter-to-chuck-schumer-and-nancy-pelosi-in-support-of-maxine-waters/
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 10:51 pm
Rep. Maxine Waters On Russia Probe, White House
Leaks | The View

Published on Aug 4, 2017

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 06:06 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
Black women coalesce in urging support for Maxine Waters.
I hope they don't expect any sympathy when pro-choice politicians aren't even able to go into a grocery store anymore without being hounded by chanting pro-life protesters.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 06:47 am
@oralloy,
Notice your inability to point out any fact that you are right about?
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 07:27 am
@Olivier5,
Here is a list of facts that I am correct about:

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were military targets bombed at the height of the most brutal war in human history.

The Crusades were legitimate self defense against Islamic aggression.

BLM are a bunch of goons whose only goal is that no one should be allowed to defend themselves when a black person tries to murder them.

Leftists are not trying to save lives with gun control. They only like to violate people's civil rights for fun. That's why they pursue useless measures like outlawing pistol grips.

Amanda Knox is completely innocent of all wrongdoing. The Italians knew this from the start. Further, it was illegal for them to hold her in jail for four years while trying her. The same applies to Raffaele.

Israel's treatment of the Palestinians is completely fair and humane (a bit too lenient actually). The Palestinians are ruthless thugs who refuse to make peace and who continuously try to murder innocent people.

The burning of Dresden was carried out (deliberately) by UK bombers. American bombers were not in any way responsible for the firestorm, and instead focused their efforts on trying to destroy the railyards (a legitimate target).

If you'd like a list of facts that I've posted regarding a specific subject area, name the subject and I'll see what I can come up with.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 07:34 am
@oralloy,
I didn't know this thread was about the crusades.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Olivier5

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 01:20 pm
@oralloy,
In case you pea-brain forgot, we weren't talking about the crusade. I was disbelieving your lie that:

Quote:
The only time the Republicans perpetrate such abuses is when they are giving the Democrats a dose of their own medicine.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 01:30 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
In case you pea-brain forgot,
I remind you that I'm millions of times smarter than you are.

Olivier5 wrote:
I was disbelieving your lie that:
Quote:
The only time the Republicans perpetrate such abuses is when they are giving the Democrats a dose of their own medicine.
a) No. That isn't what you were doing. You made an untrue accusation that I am not able to point to any facts that I am correct about.

b) The truth is by definition not a lie, and my statement was completely true. Name an abuse that the Republicans have perpetrated that wasn't a case of giving the Democrats a dose of their own medicine.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 02:23 pm
@oralloy,
Smart people usually can remember what a conversation they're engaged in is about. This is evidently not your case.

Republicans' attacks on the victims and survivors of the mass shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School were disgraceful and entirely uncalled for.

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 02:27 pm
@Olivier5,
Smart people know better than to engage with Oralloy. Join us in our joyous indifference to his ramblings, and place him on ignore like a sensible person.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 02:45 pm
@DrewDad,
I'm not smart enough to join any cabal, and besides, who's left to argue with on the Republican side?
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 04:09 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Smart people usually can remember what a conversation they're engaged in is about. This is evidently not your case.
Wrong again. All of my posts have directly addressed what I was replying to.

Olivier5 wrote:
Republicans' attacks on the victims and survivors of the mass shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School were disgraceful and entirely uncalled for.
Republicans have every right to respond to people who attack them and/or attempt to violate their rights for fun.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 04:10 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Smart people know better than to engage with Oralloy.
That's because smart people know better than to challenge truthful statements.

DrewDad wrote:
Join us in our joyous indifference to his ramblings, and place him on ignore like a sensible person.
I see you're still bitter over me posting facts that you don't like hearing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 04:11 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
on the Republican side
If you're confused over my politics, you can look at my Gravatar image for a refresher.