Why I left the Democratic Party

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:45 pm
@Real Music,
Why wouldn't Trump love and favor Russia. They interfered with our elections. https://www.factcheck.org/2018/02/words-trump-russian-meddling/
From FactCheck.org:
Quote:
The indictment alleged the defendants used the names of U.S. citizens and companies to illegally fund political advertising and political rallies. These illegal campaign activities were part of a larger “influence campaign” orchestrated by Russia during the 2016 campaign, according to a declassified intelligence report released Jan. 6, 2017. Among other things, the report said Russian intelligence services hacked into the DNC computers and released hacked material to WikiLeaks and other outlets “to help President-elect Trump’s election chances.”
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2018 05:44 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
Thank you Bernie Sanders.
Both you and Maxine Waters are wonderful human beings.

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Just remember that underhanded tactics that the Democrats use against Republicans, will also be used by Republicans against Democrats.

No complaining when liberal politicians are unable to go out in public anymore for fear of being relentlessly hounded by protesters.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2018 11:39 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Just remember that underhanded tactics that the Democrats use against Republicans, will also be used by Republicans against Democrats.

Most Republicans are already rude, aggressive and ill-mannered, irrespective of what Waters said.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2018 11:54 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
I just hope Americans don't fall for these Russian attacks against our democracy.

They've already fallen for them. Trump will probably get reelected, too. There's just too much stupidity and sheer hatred around for it to go away soon.

Quote:
Hopefully we can exposed them before the harm is done.

The harm IS already in the making, and many good folks out there understand the peril and the need to organize to reverse/repair the damage.

Quote:
Trump and the Republican party now works for Putin.

Yes. First they worked for American billionaires. Now they just work for billionaires, irrespective of their nationality.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Olivier5

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 05:02 am
@oralloy,
The Grifter in Chief is the epitome of rude. He can't complain now.
oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 05:13 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
The Grifter in Chief is the epitome of rude. He can't complain now.
Actually he can. He has never tried to hound people who disagree with him out of ever appearing in public.

The people who will not have standing to complain are leftists when pro-life zealots subject them to the same treatment.

It'll be like when Democrats wanted to whine about Merrick Garland. They had no standing to whine because they were just getting a dose of their own medicine.

About a dozen years ago I tried to warn them that something like Merrick Garland was going to happen to them if they provoked that fight. They didn't listen to me then either.

It's like Democrats just aren't capable of learning that Republicans will always respond in kind.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 05:35 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
The people who will not have standing to complain are leftists when pro-life zealots subject them to the same treatment.

Apparently you've not stood across the street from an abortion clinic where these "zealots" have been picketing for the past 30 years. Since that hasn't worked, they decided burning the buildings to the ground should. When that didn't work, they decided to curtail doctor privileges at hospitals.

Equal access to healthcare? Not in this Country.
oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 05:39 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Apparently you've not stood across the street from an abortion clinic where these "zealots" have been picketing for the past 30 years. Since that hasn't worked, they decided burning the buildings to the ground should. When that didn't work, they decided to curtail doctor privileges at hospitals.
Well, I haven't. But I am well aware of the behavior, as it has been featured in the news over the years.

I'm going to find it pretty amusing when these zealots start following pro-choice politicians into restaurants and stores and subjecting them to this sort of harassment whenever they appear in public anywhere at all.
Lash

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 05:40 am
@oralloy,
The logical progression of the current situation. It’s just going to get worse.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 06:56 am
I don’t always agree with everything this guy says, but he forwards a lot of thought-provoking articles:

https://ghionjournal.com/personalities-vs-institutional-nepotism/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Excerpt:

The article I wrote last Wednesday about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has captured a lot of attention and generated an unexpected level of passionate debates. While I am heartened that the majority of the conversation was civil and did not devolve into food fights, there is a part of me that is a bit deflated that most of the dialogue centered on Alexandria and overlooked the central point of the article. This is par for the course when it comes to our political system, we are so focused on personalities that we keep missing the bigger picture.

The highest hurdle that we must overcome if we truly are to affect change as a people is to get over our conniption to turn politics into an extension of our tribal predisposition. As long as we are splintered as a society and view justice through the lens of self instead of inclusiveness, we will keep getting a government that serves the whims of the powerful and disregards the desires of the public. This is why political parties are truly the enemy of the people, the number one interest of all parties is to sustain their influence and access as concerns of the citizenry take a back seat to institutional demands.

If we are to make a dent in the wall of corruption and nepotism that has infested our governance, we must find a way to minimize the role that parties have over all of us. I’m not breaking news when I note that political parties are an anathema to a true democracy. The founders of America, men like George Washington and James Madison, warned about the perils of factions and how parties could subvert the will of the people. James Madison discussed the evils of factionalism in Federalist #10:

“The latent causes of faction are sown in the nature of man; and we see them everywhere brought into different degrees of activity. . . . A zeal for different opinions concerning religion, concerning government and many other points . . . an attachment to different leaders, ambitiously contending for pre-eminence and power; or to persons of other descriptions whose fortunes have been interesting to human passions, have, in turn, divided mankind into parties, inflamed them with mutual animosity, and rendered them much more disposed to vex and oppress each other, than to cooperate for their common good.”
More than 200 years have passed since James Madison admonished Americans not to walk into the wilderness of factionalism, sadly, we have become the exact society that warned us to not become. We keep having attachments to leaders as we turn people into demigods, this in turn prods our elected officials to contend for pre-eminence and power instead of serving the needs of the public. The folly of mankind makes rational thinkers seem like prophets, Madison was only speaking common sense when he detailed how a people divided into parties are easily inflamed with mutual animosity and oppress each other instead of cooperating for the common good.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 08:57 am
@oralloy,
It's all going to end in a second civil war, I guess.
maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:01 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
It's like Democrats just aren't capable of learning that Republicans will always respond in kind.

As someone with an extraordinarily high IQ such as yourself, do you notice yourself doing any personal examination of your apparent beliefs that the republican party can do NO wrong and the democratic party can ONLY do wrong? Do you ever ponder the possibility that BOTH parties could be to blame for the current state of politics, or *gasp* that maybe the republicans hold some of the blame?
oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:27 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
As someone with an extraordinarily high IQ such as yourself, do you notice yourself doing any personal examination of your apparent beliefs that the republican party can do NO wrong and the democratic party can ONLY do wrong? Do you ever ponder the possibility that BOTH parties could be to blame for the current state of politics, or *gasp* that maybe the republicans hold some of the blame?
I'm a big believer in facts.

When the Democrats come up with a new outrageous behavior, I point out that it is wrong and bound to be used against them, they ignore my advice and perpetrate the new abuse, and the new abuse ends up being used against them, I consider it fair to blame the Democrats for having created and perpetrated the abuse.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:28 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
It's all going to end in a second civil war, I guess.
Outlawing the Democratic Party in America will end the abuses that they continuously concoct and perpetrate against innocent people.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:36 am
@oralloy,
LOL. That would be illegal. Beside, the dems would just change the name of the party and start anew.
oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:39 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
LOL. That would be illegal.
I think that when a party perpetrates grave abuses against innocent people, that is legitimate grounds for outlawing them.

Maybe the courts won't let it happen, but it's at least worth a try.

Olivier5 wrote:
Beside, the dems would just change the name of the party and start anew.
Hopefully the new party will be suitably chastened and will not be so abusive to those who don't agree with them.

A left-wing (or better yet, centrist) party that argues for its values instead of merely trying to destroy people who disagree with them would be a wonderful thing for this country.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:41 am
@oralloy,
Do try, it'd be funny to watch.

In related news:

Quote:
Rodolfo Rodriguez, 92, set out about 8 p.m. on Independence Dayon his regular evening walk around his Los Angeles neighborhood, relatives told KTLA. But what happened next was anything but routine.

When Rodriguez bumped into a young girl while trying to pass her on the sidewalk near his home, the toddler’s mother shoved him to the ground and beat him in the face with a brick, police told the station.

After a passer-by stopped to record the incident on video and call police, four men ran up and began kicking Rodriguez while the child’s mother shouted at him, reported KCBS.

“Go back to your country, why are you here, bad things,” the witness said the mother told Rodriguez, who is a legal U.S. resident, according to the station.

Rodriguez, who doesn’t understand English, still has no idea why he was attacked, his grandson, Erik Mendoza, told KCBS.

Rodriguez suffered broken ribs and a broken cheekbone, and has bruises all over his body, reported KNBC.
oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:45 am
@Olivier5,
Is the government going to prosecute the aggressors?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:48 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

A left-wing (or better yet, centrist) party that argues for its values instead of merely trying to destroy people who disagree with them would be a wonderful thing for this country.

It would be great if we had a right-wing party that did the same too.