Why I left the Democratic Party

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 09:39 am
@Olivier5,
Putin didn’t force our DNC to set trump up as a pied Piper candidate - in hopes Hillary could finally beat someone for the presidency.
Putin didn’t create cronyism between the DNC and thirty or so ‘journalists’ who would build up Trump to follow the DNC’s plans for Trump.

Plenty of people hated hillary and Clinton enough not to vote for her.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 09:46 am
@ehBeth,
Not so. If he shouldn't have run it would have been in a rule some place.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 09:50 am
@ehBeth,
Not to mention according to Edgar and Lash, he says what is politically convenient at any given time. If what he says doesn't mesh what they advocate, they say he is just saying it.

From what I read on Politico, his candidates didn't do too well the big primary night in California.

I just wish all this infighting would stop and if the democrat party needs to refocus their prioties and perhaps change some rules regarding donors and money (if such can be done in a political party?); then do it and get on with what is important.

Just reading some of the rulings coming from the Supreme Court, the one from Ohio is just down right depressing, is a reminder of what is most and more important than any other issue in my opinion. Whatever it takes to get democrats in control of Senate at least, I wish we would fight together to do it.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 09:55 am
@ehBeth,
All successful politicians have a strong ego; it's a job requirement. You cannot lead if you're too humble.

Value and age are poorly correlated. There are plenty of morrons and decent, smart people both among the youth and the old. I don't vote for age, gender or race. I vote for ideas.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 09:56 am
@Olivier5,
You come in here being insulting and then call me insulting. I give what I get.

You folks look for a scapegoat to mask Hillary's weakness, out of a misguided notion it was "her turn." It was never anybody's turn unless they earn it. She certainly didn't earn my vote, any more than did Trump, and neither one of them got it. If you don't want a repeat of Trump, time is getting short and he is in position to win again, if you repeat the mistakes of 2016. Attacking progressives instead of allowing them to participate just diminishes the Democratic vote. Again.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:01 am
@edgarblythe,
I did not insult you. I took issue with your spreading of baseless rumors of pedophilia, that's all.
revelette1

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Personally I don't care for people giving me motives which I never had. I wanted Biden to run, if he wasn't so old, I would still want him to run. But I think he is too old now, hope someone comes along before the general election. When it was between Hillary and Sanders, I honestly thought (still do)Hillary would be a better president. I would have supported Sanders though if Hillary lost. I would have supported almost any democrat who wasn't horrible like Trump.
maporsche

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:23 am
@edgarblythe,
What happened to the "practicality" that you were championing in the GMO thread? I thought rigid ideology was harmful to progress.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:25 am
@edgarblythe,
Also, time is NOT short. That's hilarious coming from someone's whose chosen candidate in the last election cycle was an unknown until the primaries started.

Are you suggesting that we should all circle around Bernie right now, a full 22 MONTHS before the primary season BEGINS because time is short???

Isn't that EXACTLY what you criticized Hillary supporters of doing in this VERY POST ("her turn" etc).
maporsche

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:26 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Personally I don't care for people giving me motives which I never had. I wanted Biden to run, if he wasn't so old, I would still want him to run. But I think he is too old now, hope someone comes along before the general election. When it was between Hillary and Sanders, I honestly thought (still do)Hillary would be a better president. I would have supported Sanders though if Hillary lost. I would have supported almost any democrat who wasn't horrible like Trump.

This makes complete sense Rev.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:30 am
@Olivier5,
Well then you are forgiven. Everybody should have a right to an opinion. I normally would have passed over what they spread about Biden, except for me it is uncomfortable watching him with kids.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:39 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Are you suggesting that we should all circle around Bernie right now, a full year before the primary season begins because time is short???

interesting problem for some folks now if you follow that through

they're not Democrats or are no longer Democrats. If Mr. Sanders decides to run within the Democratic party again, what do they do? join/rejoin the party? support the party as he requested last time?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:41 am
@Olivier5,
As I said earlier, our opinions on this differ. Restating yours won't alter mine. Facts can. Opinions can't.
Lash

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:48 am
Must be weird to be an aging ageist.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:52 am
Quote:
Personally I don't care for people giving me motives which I never had.

What goes around, comes around.
Someone please interpret that for her.
revelette1

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:01 am
@Lash,
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Enough said.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:19 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Well then you are forgiven. Everybody should have a right to an opinion. I normally would have passed over what they spread about Biden, except for me it is uncomfortable watching him with kids.

So noble of you...
Olivier5

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:25 am
@ehBeth,
In my mind, it's a fact that one cannot lead if one is too humble, and that age does not correlate with value.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 01:02 pm
@Olivier5,
Yes, age does not correlate with value, competence, empathy, knowledge, compassion, truth, trust, honesty, and good grammar. Trump at 71 years old is an excellent example.
Real Music

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 08:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Every U.S. President age at time of inauguration.
Average median age of U.S. president at inauguration is 55.
Theodore Roosevelt was youngest at inauguration at age 42.
Ronald Reagan was the oldest at second term inauguration at age 73.

1. George Washington 57 and 61
2 John Adams 61
3 Thomas Jefferson 57 and 61
4 James Madison 57 and 61
5 James Monroe 58 and 62
6 John Q. Adams 57
7 Andrew Jackson 61 and 65
8 Martin Van Buren 54
9 William H. Harrison 68
10 John Tyler 51
11 James K. Polk 49
12 Zachary Taylor 64