Why I left the Democratic Party

maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Why do you and your confreres give a damn? Respond to what she writes and stop this silly Russian Troll nonsense.

Why do you care so much what we choose to respond to?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why don't you try to respond to my argument, rather than attack the messenger?

See, unlike Lash, I'll actually go toe-to-toe with anyone who thinks my argument is a poor one. And I'll spend time hunting down sources and evidence to back up my argument, because I actually have a few shreds of intellectual honesty.

So. Be the example here Finn and point out what I wrote that was incorrect. I dare ya!

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:09 pm
@maporsche,
Because I don't countenance meanspirited idiocy.

Surely you have a better response than that pathetic gibe.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Add all of this to the scandal with DWS and her "IT" guy, which the media is a little to quiet about, and you have the making of a major problem with the DNC and the 2018 elections. How many investigations do you think are going to come out of this book? Does the DNC have the proper leadership in place to weather this storm? I don't think the GOP will be in a good position to take advantage of this as they will be fighting over who is going to run in the 2020 Primaries against Trump.
maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Cyclo, maporche (is he a 1%er? Porches aren't cheap), blickers et al will be breaking a cold sweat to try and convince us that, unlike the GOP, the Dems are pure of heart and anything that looks like malfeasance is at worst, a stupid mistake.

Porsche's are pretty cheap, under 20 grand for used ones in the 2000's.

Last time I looked I was more like a 10%'er.
maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Because I don't countenance meanspirited idiocy.

Bullshit. Pure bullshit. You love meanspirited idiocy....only when it's directed at those on the left.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:18 pm
@Baldimo,
I'm afraid you are right.

DWS is among the top 10 most corrupted politicians in America. (Now let's wait for Cyclo, maporche, and blickers to reflexively defend her)

Both parties are corrupt and decrepit, but the Usual Suspects here want to assure us their Dems are heroes.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:21 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Cyclo, maporche (is he a 1%er? Porches aren't cheap), blickers et al will be breaking a cold sweat to try and convince us that, unlike the GOP, the Dems are pure of heart and anything that looks like malfeasance is at worst, a stupid mistake.

Porsche's are pretty cheap, under 20 grand for used ones in the 2000's.

Last time I looked I was more like a 10%'er.

And which one do you own? Or is your screen-name aspirational?

So 90% of the country, if not the world, is poorer than you?

I say good for you but your friends here who have a hard time affording wifi may think otherwise.

What you going to do?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why would I defend DWS? She's a jerk and idiot at least and a corrupt person in all likelihood. She is in large part responsible for the 2016 loss through a series of bad decisions. I loathe the lady and would love to see her ass out of politics completely.

If this **** with her contractor turns out to be a big deal - and I hope it's being investigated, I'll cop to not knowing much about it - then I hope they throw the book at her.

Next time maybe don't make assumptions, because of, yaknow.

Cycloptichorn
maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:23 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Why would I defend DWS? She's a jerk and idiot at least and a corrupt person in all likelihood. She is in large part responsible for the 2016 loss through a series of bad decisions. I loathe the lady and would love to see her ass out of politics completely.

If this **** with her contractor turns out to be a big deal - and I hope it's being investigated, I'll cop to not knowing much about it - then I hope they throw the book at her.

Next time maybe don't make assumptions, because of, yaknow.

Cycloptichorn

If I post in agreement with what you posted, do you think Finn will blow his top?

I agree, 100% with this.
maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I used to own one, a 1987 Porsche 944. You can buy one in good condition for about $8,000 right now.

The 1998 Porsche 911 Turbo is a dream car since childhood, but I doubt I'd ever be able to justify paying around $70k for a car...any car, even that one.

I make about 105k/yr. That puts me making more than about 90% of the country. That doesn't make me rich.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

I have more wealth than 95% of all world citizens. You almost certainly have more than 90% of them if you live in America and aren't destitute. That's a crap metric because so many people are so ******* poor across the world, they have literally nothing.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:43 pm
@maporsche,
Top not blown
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Now comes the part where you say, gee, I was wrong, they DIDN'T reflexively defend her. Right?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:45 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Sometimes assumptions are wrong but here I've found they are usually right.

You've declared. Good for you. Now retract your fangs, Bud.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:50 pm
@maporsche,
Hey, I get it. I own a 2016 911. (Makes me a bad guy?) and it's a wonderful machine.

I'm shooting for a Bugatti but I'm not sure I'll make it (Depends upon the result of selling my business)

You think you're not rich at $105K a year but you need to listen to your confreres. You are RICH!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

I have more wealth than 95% of all world citizens. You almost certainly have more than 90% of them if you live in America and aren't destitute. That's a crap metric because so many people are so ******* poor across the world, they have literally nothing.

Cycloptichorn

Good for you Cyclo. I like to see people have wealth. What I don't like to see is the people who have wealth virtue signaling about redistribution., when they really don't want to give up a dime.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 03:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Haha, who told you I didn't want to give up a dime? I not only donate generously from my own time and funds, I've voted to raise my own taxes LITERALLY every time given an option to do so.

I have more dimes than I need, just like everyone else in my position. It's no sweat off my back to help someone else out who doesn't.

Cycloptichorn
Lash

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 05:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You’re arguing with people who may be wrong, but are honest. The establishment democrats on this site are intellectually dishonest, and I don’t waste my time running down intentionally avoidant rabbit holes.

And, hey. I JUST got off work.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:13 pm
Edgar, I don’t know if you have Twitter, but it’s a beautiful place on my feed right now. Warren has admitted the DNC/Hillary cheating, Shaun King is supporting Bernie and his supporters—and a lot of former Hillary supporters are apologizing to Bernie supporters.

*grin*

This might be a brilliant stroke against progressives to try to coax votes in 2018 (of course, REAL MOVESwill be required soon or no dice), but it is heartening to see people being accountable and speaking the truth.

Hillary’s popularity, such as it was, has tanked.