Why I left the Democratic Party

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:38 pm
@oralloy,
You must not have seen the videos - the separation between the unarmed and the soldiers.
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
True. I haven't seen any videos. But I know that Israeli soldiers would only have fired in self defense.

Be careful of doctored videos. The Palestinians are always concocting fake charges against Israel.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:44 pm
@oralloy,
Yeah, whatever. Neutral
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 08:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well it's true.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 09:45 pm
@oralloy,
I don't agree with you at all on this.
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
The Palestinians have a very long history of concocting untrue allegations against Israel.

Virtually every misdeed that Israel has ever been accused of has been a fabrication.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 01:02 am
@edgarblythe,
Nobody agrees with a zealot unless they are also a zealot.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 03:24 am
@glitterbag,
When you deny reality, reality keeps on existing despite your denial.

I suspect that the US government (both political parties) will continue to be wise enough to continue supporting Israel.

But if the US government ever becomes foolish enough to stop helping Israel, don't whine over the actions that Israel will take to ensure their survival without US aid.

Because I'll mock you if you whine about it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 04:52 am
Here's an interesting question.

Let's assume a hypothetical where the US stops supporting Israel, and they are faced with an invading army that they can't handle conventionally.

How many enemy cities will Israel have to nuke before their enemies back down?

I say two enemy cities.

When Israel firsts warns that they will launch nukes if the invaders don't back down, their enemies won't believe them.

When Israel nukes an enemy city and says there is more to come if the invaders don't back down, their enemies still won't believe them.

But when Israel nukes a second enemy city and says there is more to come if the invaders don't back down, I think the message will finally manage to sink in and their enemies will back down.
revelette1

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 07:01 am
Edgar, what do you think of Hiral Tipirneni? She seems progressive enough to appeal to you and perhaps even Lash. She is doing pretty good in a conservative district and is pushing for universal healthcare, social security and public education while rejecting tax cuts for the wealthy. According to Think Progress, she is not running against Trump, but focusing on local politics in her state.

In Arizona special election, Democrats try to focus on the district while sending a national message
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 07:05 am
@oralloy,
If Israel nuked cities so close to home they might experience enough ftom the blasts to in effect be committing suicide.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 07:10 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Edgar, what do you think of Hiral Tipirneni? She seems progressive enough to appeal to you and perhaps even Lash. She is doing pretty good in a conservative district and is pushing for universal healthcare, social security and public education while rejecting tax cuts for the wealthy. According to Think Progress, she is not running against Trump, but focusing on local politics in her state.

In Arizona special election, Democrats try to focus on the district while sending a national message

She is a step in a better direction.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 08:39 am
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/16/democrats-clinton-sanders-reforms-340616

The Democrats have been trying to force Bernie to give my contact info, oddly believing I’ll give them money if they can just get my email address.

Hilarious.

Excerpt:

The committee is trying to forge ahead even as it remains saddled by factionalism. The war between Sanders and Clinton has morphed into a battle between people who believe the Vermont senator needs to actively participate in an institution that's changing to accommodate his demands — and those who believe the DNC should just be grateful Sanders and his allies are helping it change.

The dispute largely revolves around Sanders’ massive email list:The DNC wants it, but Sanders has no intention of handing it over. The Sanders line is clear: No way will he be providing his list or any other information to the DNC, as Perez has asked, or pitch in otherwise to an organization that he is demanding be reshaped. To the Sanders orbit, it’s not nearly enough that Perez backed the recommendations of a yearlong Unity Commission set up to revise internal rules that Sanders supporters argued disenfranchised the base.

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 09:21 am
@Lash,
Well then.

I hope that the DNC refuses to allow Sanders to run as a Democrat in 2020 (should he choose to run).

It shouldn't be problem for any of his supporters, since he obviously doesn't want to be a member of the party.

ETA: I just gave the DCCC $20 with in honor of "Lash South Carolina"
Lash

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 09:30 am
@maporsche,
Send em more!!! Hillary needs another $1000. haircut!

They.are.imploding and you’re buying them swanky martini lunches. I laugh every time.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 01:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
If Israel nuked cities so close to home they might experience enough ftom the blasts to in effect be committing suicide.

Nah. The blasts wouldn't extend nearly far enough to be any danger to Israel.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 01:16 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

They.are.imploding and you’re buying them swanky martini lunches. I laugh every time.

They are winning & leading nationwide. They will take back control of one of the pillars of government later this year and I can't wait to see what they are able to get done then.
Lash

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 08:24 pm
@maporsche,
I think you have the crotchety establishment Centrist Dems confused with the lovely new brand of progressives who are popping up all over.

*They* are winning.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 08:27 pm
@Lash,
We need enough wins to allow progressives to replace officials of the DNC.
Lash

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 08:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
They’re sprouting up all over the country. I’m hopeful the power shift is on the horizon.
0 Replies