Why I left the Democratic Party

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:59 pm
@Lash,
Cuomo holds the football for Democrats to kick when he is in danger of losing their votes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 01:04 pm
I consider both parties to blame for the mid east fiasco and don't expect any mainstream Democrats to seek statesmen-like solutions any more than Republicans.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 04:29 pm

Wikileaks
·
The Democrats are suing @WikiLeaks and @JulianAssange for revealing how the DNC rigged the Democratic primaries. Help us counter-sue. We've never lost a publishing case and discovery is going to be amazing fun:
iamwikileaks.org

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 06:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
I ******* can’t wait. The DNC is making it so much easier for the progressive wing to overtake them next cycle.

Are they going to sue Comey and Wisconsin as well? Hahaha. Oh, it is to laugh.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:50 am
@edgarblythe,
I agree. I have often wondered if it was because they really feel no compassion for Palestinians or if it is too political risky in the US politics to offer better conditions for Palestinians in any peace agreements. The only time Obama didn't disappoint me in this issue was when he didn't veto the UN condemnation of Israel building more and more Israeli settlements. I wish he would have voted yes when the recognizing Palestine vote came up at the UN. (What was it, as a State or just part of the UN? I can't remember off hand.)
revelette1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:57 am
Normally I don't look for republicans to solve anything but it seems there is a republican representing Texas, Will Hurd, who is trying to pass a bill regarding the DACA deal. I hope democrat and republican members sign on to it without thinking ahead of time, "well, Trump won't sign it..."

GOP ignore their Capital Hill border expert.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:54 pm
@revelette1,
I suspect that if presented with your A2K posts, Republicans, normally, would not give a rat's ass what you think about any of them.
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 01:20 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I agree. I have often wondered if it was because they really feel no compassion for Palestinians or if it is too political risky in the US politics to offer better conditions for Palestinians in any peace agreements.

The Palestinians, being murderous aggressors, do not deserve any compassion.

The US does not propose the terms of peace agreements between Israel and the Palestinians.

The Palestinians were offered agreements with terms that were both fair and generous. The only reason why the Palestinians refused those agreements is because they have no interest in peace. All the Palestinians care about is massacring innocent people for fun.

revelette1 wrote:
The only time Obama didn't disappoint me in this issue was when he didn't veto the UN condemnation of Israel building more and more Israeli settlements.

Why would you support an anti-Semitic resolution that tries to tell Jews what they can do on their own land?

revelette1 wrote:
I wish he would have voted yes when the recognizing Palestine vote came up at the UN. (What was it, as a State or just part of the UN? I can't remember off hand.)

The vote that put the final nail in the coffin of the peace process?

You do realize that killing the peace process made it OK for Israel to just take whatever they want with force?

We're now looking at the creation of a Palestinian state that will be comprised of Area A alone (plus Gaza of course).
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 03:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Perhaps, but what do you think of the proposal by the Texas representative?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 03:46 pm
We need to strike a balance, militarily, that will both extricate us from these endless globally spread wars, while being prepared for actual wars of necessity. And cut the financing of the military substantially. And cut off military assistance to Israel.
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 04:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
We need to strike a balance, militarily, that will both extricate us from these endless globally spread wars, while being prepared for actual wars of necessity.

Dronestrikes are cheap and easy. There is no reason not to continue them forever.

edgarblythe wrote:
And cut the financing of the military substantially.

So the bad guys can take over the world and spread misery everywhere?

No thanks.

edgarblythe wrote:
And cut off military assistance to Israel.

That would greatly destabilize the Middle East and lead to a lot more dead Arabs.

If Israel were less powerful, they would have to be much more proactive about destroying the armies of their neighbors. There would be many more wars in the Middle East.

And if the day ever came that Israel were invaded by an army that they couldn't handle conventionally, they would be forced to use nuclear weapons to destroy the invading army.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 05:15 pm
Already Israel could not be more belligerent, unless it launches all out war.
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 05:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
All out wars are what you would cause if you made Israel weaker.

The only way for Israel to destroy their neighbors' armies is to have all-out wars against those neighbors.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 06:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree on all of it. Personally I think Israel is able to take of itself without our help.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 06:16 pm
@revelette1,
Really? Surrounded by existential foes, one of whom has nukes, they don't need anyone's help?

Once again, another group (Israelis) who don't give a damn about what you (normally) personally believe.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 06:22 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I agree on all of it.

So we should just let the bad guys take over the world?

Because that is what would happen if we stopped providing our military with cutting edge weapons.

revelette1 wrote:
Personally I think Israel is able to take of itself without our help.

They can. But it would be a lot messier, involve a lot more wars, and the destabilization of the region would be detrimental to our interests.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:07 pm
What they are doing to the Palestinians is a crime against humanity.
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
The only thing that Israel is doing is defending themselves when the Palestinians try to murder them.

It is not a crime against humanity for Jews to defend themselves when people try to murder them.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:20 pm
@oralloy,
Is that why they shoot live ammunition into crowds of unarmed protesters?
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Who says the protesters are unarmed? These protesters often attack Israeli soldiers with deadly weapons. Stones if nothing else.

Although, if an unarmed crowd is about to overrun a group of soldiers and murder them with their bare hands, the soldiers will certainly fire on the unarmed crowd.

And it will indeed be self defense.