How Much Tolerance Should We Have for Hitler?

australia

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:07 pm
It was called the Boys from Brazil. I think gregory peck was in it. It was about mengele starting up the nazi party again in paraguay.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 12:15 pm
No, I haven't seen it. All I've seen was the trailer to some Hitler documentary that tried to explain the possibility that Hitler was gay.

I think we look at Hitler as a psychopath and mass-murderer because that image is even more emphasized by his neural problems, especially near his later years. He couldn't think straight, much less, command an army properly, and with his previous brilliance he used to gain power, many people wouldn't have noticed if he was deteriorating, save for a few people.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:13 pm
Methinks this entire topic contains a hidden agenda ... either that or the title should have thrown it directly to Satire, subsection of Humor. ugh

Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

australia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:30 pm
You will have to talk to lucifer about that. He was the one who came up with the topic and the brilliant questionaire. Your talents are wasted lucifer, you should work for a research company designing questionaires.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:37 pm
australia wrote:
You will have to talk to lucifer about that. He was the one who came up with the topic and the brilliant questionaire. Your talents are wasted lucifer, you should work for a research company designing questionaires.

That was sarcasm, right? Please tell me that was sarcasm.

"brilliant questionaire" ... that was sarcasm, right?
0 Replies

australia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:49 pm
yes, just slightly. I laugh everytime I see those questions. I imagine going out to the public with my clipboard and pen and asking the question with lucifers options provided.

Someone who has a fascination with hitler and calls himself lucifer, its a bit of a worry.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:54 pm
Well, okay, at least you can laugh!

I have to admit the lucifer/hitler combo is ironic, but I maintain there is a hidden agenda ... even if it's simply ignorance ... however, that's bad enough.

Shocked
0 Replies

australia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:55 pm
He should have at least had a "none of the above category" seeing all the options he listed were either totally wrong or a statement of the bleeding obvious.

e.h he's a mindless pyschopath and doesn't deserve to live( He is already dead)

He is racist and shouldn't have killed all those jews (No ****! Thats a revelation)

He killed all those people but must have had a really good reason (oh well, if he had a good reason then its okay)
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:03 pm
australia, maybe he should have taken the time to to have at least read "Mein Kampf" and "The Banality of Evil" and "The Rise & Fall of the Third Reich" ... the fact that he posted this topic at all speaks volumes.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:21 pm
He has read mein kampf already. I don't think he is a right wing nut, i just think he has a fascination for hitler. Maybe he is doing an assignment on hitler for school.

I know what you are saying about the tile having hidden meanings. But if you read lucifers posts, he seems harmless enough. My guess is that he is doing a research project or something on the topic.
0 Replies

Takshshila

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:09 am
Of all the Dictators that History has seen he was the only one who fought for principles. All others had selfish motives and contradicted their own believes. Its a pity that his principles were wrong or else he would not have been despised but honoured like Lincoln and Gandhi.............

Mussolini was a mere selfish politician it seems and Stalin was more cruel than ever revealed even Mao had the Red Army march for his personal motive of power regaining..................
0 Replies

australia

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:53 am
I get called a nazi all the time taks so for $1,000 I will personally autograph the your mein kampf edition for you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:12 am
Taks, You mean to imply that Hitler's killing of 5 millions Jews was not comparable to Mao or Stalin?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:35 am
As I said at the very beginning of this thread it was an attempt to excuse and justify the actions of Hitler. There can be no justification or excuse for the actions of people like Hitler or his followers. What they deserve is to burn in hell for eternity. I will not comment upon what I think the authors intent was, I leave that up to you.
0 Replies

Cobaltzzz

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:45 pm
I have studied WWII 1932-1948 since I was 14 that is 40 years. Takshshila Hitler had no principles it is true he had no selfish motives he lived for Germany. That is until the last 5 months of the war when he thought you betrayed him.

Australia lets work out a financial arrangement you, me, and eBay.

It was 6 million Jews and 17 million total. He did not discriminate he killed everyone.

au1929 your comments are the only sensible ones here. My guess is Hitler is the door keeper to Hell.
0 Replies

Stugpanzer

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:48 am
I once had a debate in a high school history class where we were all trying to figure out if Hitler was insane. We all decided that he was not insane, but had some major flaws in his morality. We didn't want to call him insane, because that would have given him an out that we as young high schoolers didn't want to give! I still stand by that to this day. When I hear of people getting a claiming insanity for something that they clearly had full intentions to do, but hide behind the insanity thing because ultimately they are cowards and do not want to own what they have done.
0 Replies

Stugpanzer

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:50 am
Oops....forgot to finish my thought! Getting late here! I just believe that Hitler was about the most wicked man in history. I refuse to put the "insane" label on him because taht gives him (and his nasty followers) an out for what they have done!
0 Replies

Cobaltzzz

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 01:45 am
I am not a psychiatrist or even close to one but the following events seems to make since to them. A reference that proves this story can be found in John Tolland's Volume 1 "Adolph Hitter". When as young boy he was locked in his room for some sort of misdeed. He striped naked to squeeze through his window and a Jew caught him and another reference that his mother's doctor when she died was Jewish. No matter I fail to see how killing millions is explained from such trivial matters. I think it was simply pure evil on Earth.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:04 am
He blamed Jews for betraying them in WWI and for doing nothing to the economy. I don't know if he jumped to that conclusion without considering anything, but I'm not saying he's right.

For those who are still wondering, I already said in my first post that I just wanted an opinion--nothing more. I didn't want people to start bashing this topic by saying Hitler was obviously wrong, but for some good reasons, besides the obvious ones. I think there's more to him than just the killing of the Jews, otherwise, how else would he have come to power?

I'm just doing this out of interest--who wouldn't be fascinated by researching Hitler, even if you don't like his actions?
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:07 am
Lucifer wrote:
I'm just doing this out of interest--who wouldn't be fascinated by researching Hitler, even if you don't like his actions?

Why don't you ask the 11,000,000 or so (which included over 6,000,000 Jews ... therefore, making him the mass murderer of almost twice the amount of Jews involved)? Oh, wait. You can't They're dead.

"even if you don't like his actions?" WTF?
0 Replies