What made you smile today?

urs53

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 06:16 am
Roger, thanks! I knew something was wrong...

We have a five hour layover in Atlanta on our way to Melbourne. Now wait a minute, isn't that in Australia? Now I am all mixed up!

And smiling! :-)
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 07:46 am
Reading Mr.Hoos "I´m Getting Thirsty" thread made me actually laugh,not just smile.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 06:23 pm
This:

Today's lesson in Cultural Incompetence.

"You know the world's gone mad when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the USA of arrogance and the Germans don't want to go to war!"
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 06:27 pm
http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-001.gif
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 05:49 pm
My little man (the nephew, that is) came to visit me at work today. Big smiles for the rest of the day.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 05:58 pm
My buddy Byron got a great review for " Crete on the Half Shell" in the Globe and Mail Book Reviews
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 06:07 pm
c.i., danon, lola, dlowan, dyslexia, timber, Tartarin, Algis, and all my other A2K buddies - Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 06:25 pm
Terry, I enjoyed your "Cultural Incompetence" post. I couldn't hold back a good laugh... c.i.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 01:26 am
I went out to dinner and a few drinks with my favorite cousin this evening. We sat there for six hours until they very tactfully kicked us out. I suppose our wine wasn't paying the salaries of all the people waiting on us, but we sure did get good service!

My cuz has her head on so straight that a twister couldn't move it! We talked about so many things. It's good to talk to someone who will not judge you - she might tell me to "get over it" if I whine a little (or a lot), but she's great to bounce things off of. (Sorry for the crappy sentence structure, but I'm a little tipsy).

I'm going through a huge change in my life. I hope that next week, which will be one of the toughest weeks of my life, I remember at least some of those words of wisdom my cuz imparted. I smile when I think of her level-headedness (is that a word?), I smile knowing there are people who care and are there for me. I smile because my world will be a better place very soon.

Very Happy
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:49 am
Smiles for chatoyant.

c.i.--Anything that gets me belly laughing at the end of a rough day MUST be passed on to others. Smile
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 09:33 am
Waking up - it's another beautiful day in the neighborhood! Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 08:35 pm
Few things.

When I opened the kitchen curtain, not three or four but some twelve youths were hanging out at our window, moving, posturing, calling each others bluffs. All guys. A black guy was showing a Turkish kid some moves. Fake boxing, exchanging the kind of blows that look fierce and land soft. The black kid was the teacher in this skit, but the Turkish kid wasnt going to be shown off like that, and hey-ho-boo-yaa switched to the more karate-like moves. One blow landed on the black kid's head, sliding in just below his capuchon. "Hey, watch my hair!", he yelled.

Visited my newly born nephew again. He's actually grown, visibly bigger than last week! Is that possible, or a trick of the loving eye? His mother proudly shows the pictures she e-mailed around earlier, isnt he more beautiful than the average kid? I grin at myself, because especially on these two pictures he looks distinctly like Maxsdadeo's old avatar.

In the train back, a Hindustani woman of some size is singing with her little daughter. The daughter insists. "Samma, samma!", she implores in a very Caribbean sounding pronounciation of what I later realise is "samen" (together) - to get her mother to start with her again in singing ... a very Dutch childrens song.
The same smile I had one train down the road when I could hear the guy behind me talking on his cellphone, in an accent ethnic and street, and he suddenly used the words "ben ik te min" - "ben ik te min" being an old, Dutch sixties folk classic as well as quite an anachronistic turn of phrase. Its like hearing some American hiphopper explaining to his girlfriend that the answer, you know, is blowing in the wind. <grins>
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 09:08 pm
spending the day with a couple of dear friends I haven't seen in a while. Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 09:17 pm
So.... how was the movie?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 12:57 am
The people at the A2K Florida Gathering made me smile today. They're having so much fun, and they REALLY enjoyed the t-shirts and game I sent them. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

goa sunset

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 01:01 am
Hey c.i where do I get hold of one of those T-Shirts?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 01:04 am
You're awesome, c.i. :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 01:12 am
goa sunset, Send me your mailing address by PM, then give me about a week to make one up. Any special picture? I have pictures of sunsets and wild animals I took in Africa, a photo of Mt Everest, the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, the pyramids of Giza, or me (I'm one of those wild ones). Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 01:35 am
The clocks are moving forward, and for the third time in my twenty-one years of working, it's the weekend, I'm off and it doesn't bother me at all!
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 09:40 am
littlek wrote:
So.... how was the movie?

Vin Diesel remained fully clothed through the whole thing. I think he was trying to get by solely on his talent for acting......Need I say more? Smile
0 Replies