What made you smile today?

MellowGemini

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 10:26 am
Things that make me smile... Well there are allot of them, though my mind and heart focus on my happiest specific moments.

The first one has to do with two of the most beautiful children my eyes, heart , and soul ever got a chance to bond with.
I met them both approx 3 years ago. When I met them of course they were very shy.... Before long though it seemed as though I became adopted by them.

When it came time for them to go home. Their mother said to say bye... Instead I was embraced by hugs almost to the point of passing out from loss of breath Very Happy
It was one of the most beautiful experience I had ever had the chance to take part in.

We would go to Church every Sunday and the older one felt so compelled to (no matter where she sat) get up and come over and sit on my lap.

SORRY I could type forever. Instead lets simplify....

Christmas two years ago I got the best gift I had ever seen or received in my whole life. I was three thousand miles away from my mother..
On Chritmas Eve I got a letter in the mail from this same girl with a homemade card.. On the outside it said Thank You with many multi colored hearts and as you openened it on the left was a picture of me and on the right side was her school picture with many more smile and hearts.

IT WAS THE BEST GIFT EVER, ANYTHING FROM THE HEART IS WORTH MUCH MORE THAN MONEY "Never Let Anythings Intrinsic Beauty OR Worth Escape You"-Good old Roman Clad Of A Fellow/Loved To Meditate
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 05:30 pm
A little girl, about three years old, took her mother shopping in my department this afternoon. When Mom couldn't find her for a moment, I called, "She's right here trying on underwear." Little Laura had sat herself down behind a rack, grabbed a Tommy Hilfiger thong, and decided to put it on right over her outfit (snow boots and all). As Mom quickly turned pink I said, "Look on the bright side; you'll have a colorful story to tell at the next family gathering."

Another smile: ten inches of snow is enough to warm any New Hampshire girl's heart. Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 06:24 pm
TerryDo! Seeing Terry Doo made me smile. I smiled at the snow, I smiled at my turn of fortune. Looks like i won't need to figure out the tax thing this year.
littlek

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 06:31 pm
Oh, and, I was in line at the liquor store and I asked my friend, loudly, should we get some Old Fart (a good red wine)? A lady turned around and stared at me. And then, at the register, the woman ringing me up yelled to a co-worker on the other side of the store, "How much is the Arrogant Bastard Ale?". He yells back some price and she says, "No, that's for the Double Bastard".... hehehe

BTW, The Bastard Ales are fantastic should you run into them and be of a mind to try one.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 07:33 pm
Lots of light and fluffy snow, and the kids giggling in that way only kids can when playing king of the mountain in it...just glorious!

littlek and terrydoo make me smile too Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 07:35 pm
My happy cat is attacking my hand/wrist/arm - smiling.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 07:40 pm
When I came in from shoveling, Zoey got right up in my face and did the squishy thing on my belly for a while...they are such great smile makers..arent they?
Does Bootsie attack the snowflakes? I dont know why I just thought of that but, one of my dogs used to and it was hysterical.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 07:40 pm
Shovelling for an hour actually made me smile as I didn't think I was in good enough shape to do that. Not too terribly tired right now, but I bet I sleep really well tonight.

As will Mr. Jespah, who is on his second hour of clearing the flaky white stuff.

Oh, and we got food delivered from Vinny Testa's to ease the 'pain'. :-D
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 07:41 pm
ehey! Nothing like home delivered on a snowy night. How long was the wait?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 07:45 pm
oh...vinny testas...theres an idea..and a nice thought for a grin
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:43 am
Today I smiled, even laughed, watching the local TV program that featured funny episodes from the soccer games. I am not a big fan of soccer, but the episodes were extremely funny... Well, their humor was somewhat goofy: players losing pants or getting a ball into their nose and other sensitive body parts, but, OK, very many comedy movies use this type of humor.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:24 am
Waking up very very very early this morning with 2 dogs snuggled up sooooooooooooo close that i couldn't move. Watching them get up and stretch when i asked them if anyone wanted to go outside. They are both the best yawners - Bailey has a loud, broken hinge sounding yawn and Cleo has a long long pink tongue - they enjoy yawning and stretching - i smile watching them and hearing Bailey's creaky yawn.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 07:58 am
I'm working on an afghan for my best friend's nephew (due 4/10). One ducky down, three to go. Now if I could only get the cat to stop trying to steal the afghan. . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 08:52 am
My dog running on spring-loaded legs through the snow in the back yard.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 09:08 am
Its just great that our furry little friends add so much in smiles....
Zoey thought it was down right horrid of me to sleep past 7 this morning, she spent half an hour giving me little nibbles wherever she could, and when I finally decided to give in...opened my eyes and questioned her..she gave me the ...aint I cute?...look and eyes and scrunched up her nose to mine like a little kiss. Okay..all is forgiven. Especially now...they're both sprawled out on the bed sound asleep with their full little bellies.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 09:12 am
Screech and I had a game of volleyball going on. I toss a ball of paper towards him and he wacks it in mid-air. It flies towards me, I catch it and toss it back. Actually, usually I miss it entirely. But, that's ok, he's got me well trained to go fetch it for him.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 10:10 am
ah...volleyball with screechers....how grand!
One thing I adore about Zoey...she plays fetch...and if she doesnt bring it back..I dont worry, shes usaly trying to devour whatever it is.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 10:16 am
LOL Murray gets so exhausted from playing fetch that he eventually just collapses on the floor.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 10:17 am
OMG...Zoey too!

Laughing
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 10:20 am
Toy of choice: aluminum foil ball.
0 Replies