Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:06 am
Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?

Always wanted to soar in a glider plane between the palisades of the Napa valley. Never did it because I suffer from motion sickness.

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 15,739 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:21 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
retire to Cabo Mexico and build a home next to Sammy Hagar.

Can't afford it.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 11:17 am
Go sky diving--fear of a painful death.

Quitting my job and starting my own business online--fear of failure.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 11:28 am
i've always wanted to take off my shoes, sit in a tree and learn to play the flute. I haven't done it because high notes hurt my ears.
aidan

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 11:50 am
@dyslexia,
I dreamed of playing the flute too - and even started lessons - but I have an overbite and I couldn't make my lips do that strange little thing they have to do in which you extend your bottom lip and blow out over it to make the noise - so my flute teacher told me that it'd be a long and uphill struggle unless I got braces.
My teeth weren't buck or anything - just a basic little overbite- so braces weren't in the cards and neither was my learning to play the flute- but I've always loved that instrument.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 12:13 pm
@dyslexia,
Have you tried sitting in a shorter tree?
dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 12:14 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Have you tried sitting in a shorter tree?
good catch Roger, I was wondering if anyone would.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 12:40 pm
@dyslexia,
Try climbing and playing the flute when you're sober and those notes won't hurt as much as when you're high. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:10 am
I want to walk across America and then bicycle back, seriously. I've been talking about it for years. I even invited Joe Nation to join me just yesterday. If I could find a way to hook up with a worthy charity and some sponsors so I could just pay my basic bills for the time I walked, I would do it in a heartbeat. Maybe after I win the lottery.

I would also like to force a moratorium on this Michael Jackson ****.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:18 pm
Live in Europe for a couple of months - preferably in the south of France, I think, or possibly Italy or Ireland.

Just waiting on the money, now!
plitplit

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:25 pm
make your dreams and wish come true ..try this simple wish spell..

Supplies: 3 candles (any color)
White sugar
A plate

What to do: Put the 3 candles in the plate and sprinkle white sugar around them. Light the candles and put it on the tallest place in your home. Ask the first angel (St. Rafeal) a wish for buisness. then ask the second angel (St. Micheal) a wish for love. Then ask the third angel (St. Gabriel) an impossible wish. On the third day after you did this spell some how promote the spell (could be by telling a bunch of friends about this spell). Then watch what happens on the fourth day.
0 Replies

plitplit

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:27 pm
make your wish and dreams come true..try this simple wish spell.. just follow this easy steps..

Supplies: 3 candles (any color)
White sugar
A plate

What to do: Put the 3 candles in the plate and sprinkle white sugar around them. Light the candles and put it on the tallest place in your home. Ask the first angel (St. Rafeal) a wish for buisness. then ask the second angel (St. Micheal) a wish for love. Then ask the third angel (St. Gabriel) an impossible wish. On the third day after you did this spell some how promote the spell (could be by telling a bunch of friends about this spell). Then watch what happens on the fourth day.
0 Replies

stevecook172001

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 07:05 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Always wanted to soar in a glider plane between the palisades of the Napa valley. Never did it because I suffer from motion sickness.

BBB

I've wanted to but a piece of land and be self sufficient in food. Up till now I have been unable to afford it.
babsatamelia

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 01:04 pm
Oh good heavens, Yes!! My latest one was to go up in a hot air balloon & while on my several month long trip to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico - I finally had the opportunity to do it plus their economy being so much less costly than it is here - it didn't even cost very much. It was definetely well worth doing. The peace & stillness way up there (whenever he turned off the burner) as we floated along on a gentle breeze was pure heaven.
Now I've a new one - I want to make it to Montana/Canada to see Glacier National Park AND I want to spend at least one night in each one of the remarkably gorgeous lodges in the this park. They may have been built in the early 1900's, but they've been kept up magnificently. The Prince of Wales Lodge serves an "afternoon tea" as if you were in London. Also I hear that the trip along the Going To The Sun Road is something so scenic that
it's not to be missed. This will be a slightly expensive endeavor - so I'm saving and saving. This IS a bit hard to do right now, with this dreadful inflation and generally sick economy. I hope we aren't headed for something as bad as it looks right now!
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 06:00 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Move to Spain I wish
4 $ now I phish Drunk
0 Replies

Arjuna

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 08:47 am
I used to ask people this question. It was interesting to me how often I heard the hot-air balloon one. Random connection to the beginning of the movie Andrei Rublev.

Mine is San Francisco. Events just haven't unfolded in that direction.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:44 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I want to ride my horse on the beach. I live in Northern Louisiana so no beaches.
0 Replies

ddominique

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 01:43 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:

Always wanted to just run up to the guy I love and kiss him --- He doesn't want me and I'll just be rejected.
Sorry if that's corny. It's just me.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 07:08 pm
I always wanted to go to the Amazon rain forest, and check out the wildlife. Mr.P thought that it was a stupid idea, and I would not go there myself.

Now when I think about it, all I can think of are the bugs and the humidity.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 07:41 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I was always intrigued by the idea of going to auctioneer school. Should have done it before the internet took over a lot of the auction world.