What made you smile today?

Rae

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:14 pm
That's great, littlek!
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:23 pm
Can you believe there are people in the world who think pets are good for nothing?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:25 pm
Rae thanks!
Toodle - I can not.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:31 pm
Slightly off topic, but along the same vein: I decided watching numerous fire trucks pass on my way home this evening that I want to be a dalmation in my next life. (You just have to see the firemen in this town to appreciate the sentiment. Shocked Razz )
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:34 pm
Dalmations and hunky firemen :wink:
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:37 pm
Yeah, baby....now THERE'S a smile!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:45 pm
Something else that made me smile today......

I bought a Sally Hansen acrylic nail kit today ~ and replaced one fingernail.

A small feat, yes.

But, my nails have grown so long and a few days ago I gave myself a complete manicure.....only to have one flippin nail break during the process. Normally, I would have cut off the rest of my nails in protest, but I refrained.

So, I'm smiling right now that I have ten beautifully manicured and painted fingernails.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:47 pm
I think I have three.......<grin>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:49 pm
I have none
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:20 pm
Have been smiling since my last post here because my son called right after I turned off my computer.....

I haven't spoken to him in a week ~ he's a teenager, ya know, and he's busy ~ and we talked for about an hour.

I am so proud of him......He is in the gifted program at school, and for the third semester in a row, he's made the A/B Honor Roll. Today, his school took first place in their annual golf tournament, and Dougy took second place within his team ~ he told me that he played the best he's ever played.

I also got a pat on the back for working today ~ Saturday. I'm an hourly employee, but don't consider myself hourly ~ I work as long as I need to, whenever I need to and I don't charge the company for my overtime. We have a hard enough time just getting payroll paid.....Anyway, my coworkers have once again gone out of their way to show their appreciation for me being there......

I'm a happy girl!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:20 pm
simple and beautiful:

i became an uncle today!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 09:09 am
Congratulations, nimh! My newest niece or nephew was supposed to come into the world last Monday.....still no news. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 09:25 am
I spoke too soon! My Dad just called ~ my nephew, Liam, arrived this morning at 6:49 a.m. 9 pounds, eight ounces, 22 1/2 inches long.....My sister and Liam are both well.

Ahhhhhh......
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 12:21 pm
congratulations to you, too, rae!
my nephew - joris - was almost two weeks late!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 12:25 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 03:41 pm
My brother called me on his way to go shopping at his favourite farmer's market in Atlanta. We talked for over half an hour and discussed where to meet at the Atlanta airport next Sunday. I'm very happy to see him! Of course, the phone call got interrupted once when Mysan decided to walk across the phone...

So I smiled because my brother called and - once again - I smiled about something one of the cats did. :-)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 04:40 pm
Atlanta? Atlanta's in Georgia, urs. You are going to Florida.

Just a reminder.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 04:44 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 12:18 am
Meeting Lola and BillW not only made me smile I laughed a lot and had way to much fun.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 06:13 am
<giggle> Another A2Ker mistook me for a boy.

Also woke up this morning to a way too cute picture of my nephew in my inbox. I'd post it but I don't have time right now.
0 Replies