What made you smile today?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 04:40 pm
@Builder,
There's now even less reason to blame Clinton for the Russia probe
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/05/17/clinton-durham-report/

No paywall
https://archive.is/rWsPe

The front page of the New York Post on Wednesday showed Hillary Clinton, backed by an array of other frequent targets of opprobrium by the right, peering around the corner of a brick wall. Donning a fedora for inexplicable reasons, Clinton was pictured with a knife in her right hand. Around the corner, a little photo of former president Donald Trump.

“WHACK JOB,” the headline shouted. Then a sub-headline: “How Hillary, the FBI and the press plotted to destroy Trump.”

In the abstract, beyond the breathlessness of the whole thing, the idea that Clinton might in 2016 have wanted to “destroy” Trump in an act of “political murder” (as was articulated at the top of the page) is not that remarkable. Oh, she wanted to win the presidency? Not really front-page news, I think.

But the article for which this photo collage was conceived took a slightly different position: The entire investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, it argued, was “invented by Clinton operatives.”

This is a popular argument, as it has been in right-wing circles for months. But the report released this week by special counsel John Durham actually makes the already baseless claim even less plausible.

*snip*
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 18 May, 2023 07:12 am
@Builder,
What a load of bollocks. No credibility at all.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 18 May, 2023 08:22 pm
Quote:
(Actually, an out and out belly laugh!)

Jim Jordan once again playing, very badly, HOR Committee Chairman and breaking every rule of decorum, truth, law and order he possibly could to insure republicans are the laughing stock of the world in a democracy!
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 19 May, 2023 02:21 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Quote:
(Actually, an out and out belly laugh!)

Jim Jordan once again playing, very badly, HOR Committee Chairman and breaking every rule of decorum, truth, law and order he possibly could to insure republicans are the laughing stock of the world in a democracy!

Jordon is one of the most thoroughly disgusting people who have ever lived. He seems to be pure evil...for evil's sake.
BillW

Reply Mon 22 May, 2023 01:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Jordon is one of the most thoroughly disgusting people who have ever lived. He seems to be pure evil...for evil's sake.

But still, he's laughable - go figure?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 22 May, 2023 01:37 am
Michael Block had a hole in one in the final round of the PGA Championship 😊😀😁 and, qualifies for next hears event.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 22 May, 2023 02:04 am
On vacation smiling away in Japan. Currently in Kyoto in the last part of our 2-wk trip including time in SF and LA . Traveling with an experienced speaker of Japanese (who’s my SO adult son who had lived and worked here for 7 years). Helps having a tour guide who planned it all out so many months in advance. Due to COVID 19 it had been cancelled 6 times in 2.5 years, so our 7th time turned out to be a charm! To quote Yakov Smirnoff, “what a country!”
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 23 May, 2023 08:46 pm
@roger,
Yep. Improves my mood, too.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2023 12:59 am
House of Representatives approved a Debt Ceiling bill this evening that is a benefit to the entire world - that includes you Russia and China; maybe not you North Korea!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2023 06:30 am
@BillW,
It covers NK, too. If the world economy shits, who rescues NK from continuing agricultural disaster and threatening starvation? What happens to the value of Kim's pile of dollars? How does he continue his nuclear program without hard currency in an unstable world with a shrinking industrial output?
BillW

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2023 01:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Kim would still have his nukes that he could snuggle with to sleep at night. Plus, his people basically live an agrarian economy anyways.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2023 01:58 pm
@BillW,
As I said "... who rescues NK from continuing agricultural disaster and threatening starvation? What happens to the value of Kim's pile of dollars? How does he continue his nuclear program without hard currency in an unstable world with a shrinking industrial output?"

Agriculture requires a lot of chemicals and as you pointed out, NK has no serious industry to produce it.

As a boomer in the Navy, one thing I know is keeping a nuclear stockpile is it takes more than just making weapons and stacking them. They have to be closely maintained and a lot of expensive, sophisticated parts, tools and knowledge is required to do this maintenance.

If the world economy shrinks, NKs may shrink less but then is was borderline before.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2023 02:13 pm
My excluding NK was whimsical to begin with..... I should not have tried to defend it even once.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2023 03:11 pm
@BillW,
I am sorry I pushed back so hard. I sincerely apologize for over-stating my personal opinion. I am sorry you were overly handled.

BillW

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2023 03:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
But, I wasn't. That is beyond facts - kinda whimsical actually 🙂
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2023 03:47 pm

email from Amazon (my real name redacted)...

https://iili.io/HZ2bWZl.jpg

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2023 08:04 am

at my place of work i am required to watch a training thingie online.

so i went to the website, but didn't have the password.

turns out the password is password ...

my first thought --

if your password is. password, why do you even need a password?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2023 08:13 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

at my place of work i am required to watch a training thingie online.

so i went to the website, but didn't have the password.

turns out the password is password ...

my first thought --

if your password is. password, why do you even need a password?

I understand "password" is among the three most popular passwords. The other two are 1234567 and 7654321. Often a letter, cap are required...and ABC are the most popular.

BUT...I've also read that it is not appreciably easier to hack these passwords than to hack something like 5J%$vjP8#msq.

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2023 05:47 pm
@Region Philbis,
last november, I wrote:
raking leaves in shorts and a t-shirt.
again, today.

i guess this is becoming the new normal...