What made you smile today?

nimh

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 01:11 pm
hey! it's little k!
(nimh discovers the little pic)
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 09:27 pm
jerryr in a2k topic "no more "French Fries"".
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 11:39 am
Thinigs made me smile today are rather grim ones.

The sheer bizarre-ness of the conversation in the hall here, with a colleague calling out to another colleague watching TV: "is it war yet?" -"no, not yet."

Someone pasted all kinds of handwritten sheets with protest slogans on trashbins and notice boards across town today, I mean: handwritten ones. When's the last time you saw that? I strongly suspect a child was involved, too, because one said: Bush = Poop. <g>

Anastasia made me smile, several times, in ways that weren't grim at all ;-).
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 11:41 am
Funny that Bill should mention cranes. I was disappointed last week when they took down the crane that's been working around the corner and I didn't get to see how they did. (I think I've got it figured out, though.)

In spite of the horribleness of the world I slept very well last night and woke up smiling. (It felt very inappropriate.)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 01:58 pm
Gonzaga won in the first round of the NCAA tournament. It's not as thrilling as it was when they started doing this a few years ago, but it's kinda cool, partly because they consistently out-perform their mega-university in-state rival in Seattle (and my employer).
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 02:01 pm
Hey, that's my employer as well. And their ballers suck, big time.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 02:06 pm
A notice from Publisher's Clearing House that I may just be a winner....that and watching my dog play, ever-Taoist in tense times Very Happy
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 02:22 pm
Do your work on campus, patiodog? You're right about the Husky hoopsters. Beyond bad, no matter who coaches them.

Hey, congrats, cavfancier! I just know you'll win that sweepstakes...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 02:42 pm
Yep. I look out my window and I can see the fountain (though it's empty these days, of course).

cav -- there's always the dogs, of course. Every day I could write, "I smiled when my dog dropped her bone on my head in bed," but I fear it'd get a bit repetitive...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 02:50 pm
The girl I rode up the elevator with this morning. What a hottie. A welcome relief after another sucky commute.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:25 pm
Not just smile, all out laugh for the first time today:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/bltalibansingles.htm
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 09:52 pm
After an excruciating conference call, I eventually smiled and then laughed today when all of my coworkers patted me on the back for doing the good job that I try very hard to do every day.

Smiled again upon arriving home at 6:45 to see the newest member of my family, Lacey the cat, haul ass from the porch to greet me, talking up a storm and quite agreeable to being hugged!

Life is good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 10:26 pm
Lacey talks!!!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 06:24 am
Ohmygosh! She never shuts up!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:40 am
Mmmm, popped into a bakery I always pass by on my way to work this morning. Only had a couple of bucks in my pocket, so I just asked for a humble cheese croissant. The little guy (well, he was little, after all) gets excited, goes in back, and pulls one right off the cooling rack. That made me smile a bit.

And then I went on my way, pulled off a piece, and tasted it. Was grinning ear to ear then.

Will be returning soon and often.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:43 am
Kept thinking abt the fun times we had at the A2K meet yesterday, and a smile hasnt left my face !!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 06:47 pm
i was on the train to a town in the east to meet a dear old friend whom i hadnt seen in ... two years - which was enough to smile about already - and then i looked outside, and i saw sheep and cows in a field with the tiniest lambs and claves, so thin, staggering on their feet ...
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:10 pm
A big hug from a big kitty after a really bad day..........always works like a charm.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:11 pm
My screecher-cat is eating and feisty!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:13 pm
I'm with Terry.....even though today was much better than yesterday, it made all the difference in the world that Lacey ran full speed ahead to greet me upon opening the door.....I love my cat. Can ya tell? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies