What made you smile today?

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2022 04:52 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Go for it, you deserve it RP!
i'm just so flattered that the head of the federal-BI personally reached out...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2022 11:12 am

raking leaves in shorts and a t-shirt.

it's 75F in bahstin... no fluke, they're saying mid-70's tomorrow and monday too...
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2022 11:18 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

raking leaves in shorts and a t-shirt.

it's 75F in bahstin... no fluke, they're saying mid-70's tomorrow and monday too...

Yeah. Same thing in New Jersey.

Gonna be crowded on the golf course this next week.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 05:59 am
Listening to an interview with Soweto Kinch about his live album White Juju.

The guy is a genius, and that's not a term I use lightly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2022 08:27 am
I think it's cute when someone who will pursue an argument on a thread with increasing vigor until it gets locked complains when a favored thread gets locked.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2022 08:54 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I think it's cute when someone who will pursue an argument on a thread with increasing vigor until it gets locked complains when a favored thread gets locked.

I think it is even cuter when a person claims to be ignoring me...while following me relentlessly. How about you, Edgar. Do you find that cute also?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 07:57 am
I got a letter published in Viz today.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2023 08:42 am

went out to put the recycling in the bin, the top of which was actually warm from the sun...

R(not supposed to happen in Feb)P
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2023 09:37 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

went out to put the recycling in the bin, the top of which was actually warm from the sun...

R(not supposed to happen in Feb)P

Almost 60 down here in NJ, Reg. Not supposed to be this warm here either. Wind is about 90 miles an hour though. (Okay...maybe not that bad, but windy as hell!)
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2023 10:49 am
@Frank Apisa,

find yourself a sheltered spot in the sun... 😎
BillW

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2023 11:39 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
What made me smile today?

Dodged another one; but, this one was the strongest one of all of them!
0 Replies

MsKnowledgebased

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2023 03:22 pm
@nimh,
The thought of a new clothing line with a bear and her little cub with her, but then I realized no papa bear.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 11 May, 2023 04:07 pm

heard these two back-to-back on Pandora --

The Who ~ Let's See Action

Elvis Costello ~ No Action
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 May, 2023 06:50 pm
Being around to be around today. Life is good.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 03:40 am
This.

https://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=0CJ19FNU

That Irish step dancing always improves my mood.
BillW

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 12:09 am
The Dunham Report was just a 'fart in a whirlwind'!
Builder

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 02:12 am
@BillW,
Quote:
The Dunham Report was just a 'fart in a whirlwind'!

The facts behind the compilation of the Steele dossier indicate complicity between a political party, and various non-political government agencies.

It also indicates complicity between major news agencies, and those same government agencies. That should be what your smile today is all about.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 06:44 am
@Builder,
You mean the Steele report that the GOP initiated with a conservative political analyst, that they dropped like a hot potato when it showed the GOP had worked illegally to win the Presidency, that the Clinton campaign took over and had completed. That Steele Report?
Builder

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 12:16 am
@bobsal u1553115,
No idea what you're talking about (as usual)

source

Quote:
Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee have agreed to pay $113,000 to settle a Federal Election Commission investigation into whether they violated campaign finance law by misreporting spending on research that eventually became the infamous Steele dossier.

That is according to documents sent on Tuesday to the Coolidge Reagan Foundation, which had filed an administrative complaint in 2018 accusing the Democrats of misreporting payments made to a law firm during the 2016 campaign to obscure the spending.

The Clinton campaign hired Perkins Coie, which then hired Fusion GPS, a research and intelligence firm, to conduct opposition research on Republican candidate Donald Trump’s ties to Russia. But on FEC forms, the Clinton campaign classified the spending as legal services.

“By intentionally obscuring their payments through Perkins Coie and failing to publicly disclose the true purpose of those payments” the campaign and DNC “were able to avoid publicly reporting on their statutorily required FEC disclosure forms the fact that they were paying Fusion GPS to perform opposition research on Trump with the intent of influencing the outcome of the 2016 presidential election,” the initial complaint had read.

The Clinton campaign and DNC had argued that the payments had been described accurately, but agreed, according to the documents, to settle without conceding to avoid further legal costs.

The Clinton campaign agreed to a civil penalty of $8,000 and the DNC $105,000, according to a pair of conciliatory agreements that were attached to the letter sent to the Coolidge Reagan Foundation.

The documents have not yet been made public and an FEC spokeswoman, Judith Ingram, said the FEC had 30 days after parties are notified about enforcement matters to release them.

The Steele dossier was a report compiled by the former British spy Christopher Steele and financed by Democrats that included salacious allegations about Trump’s conduct in Russia and allegations about ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Documents have shown the FBI invested significant resources attempting to corroborate the dossier and relied substantially on it to obtain surveillance warrants targeting the former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

But since its publication, core aspects of the dossier have been exposed as unsupported and unproven rumors. A special counsel assigned to investigate the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation charged one of Steele’s sources with lying to the FBI and charged a cybersecurity lawyer who worked for Clinton’s campaign with lying to the FBI during a 2016 meeting in which he relayed concerns about the Russia-based Alfa Bank.

Trump, who has railed against the dossier for years, released a statement celebrating the agreement and once again denouncing the dossier as “a Hoax funded by the DNC and the Clinton Campaign”.

Graham Wilson, the lawyer representing the campaign and the DNC, did not immediately respond to requests for comment. The letter was first reported by the Washington Examiner.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 07:00 am
@Builder,
Two research operations and confusion between them

The opposition research conducted by Fusion GPS on Donald Trump was in two distinct operations, each with a different client. First were the Republicans, funded by The Washington Free Beacon. Then came the Democrats, funded by the DNC and the Clinton campaign.

The Republican operation, from October 2015 to May 2016, focused on Trump's domestic business and entertainment activities; was performed by Fusion GPS; and used Wayne Barrett's files and public sources. Immediately after the publication of the dossier, the media sometimes falsely assumed that the dossier started as a product of this research, so the Free Beacon released this statement: "none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier".[38][39]
The Democratic operation, from April 2016 to December 2016, was focused on Trump's Russian connections; was subcontracted to Steele/Orbis; and used Steele's own source network and public sources. Only this second operation produced the dossier.[40][41]

From April to early May 2016, The Washington Free Beacon and the DNC/Clinton Campaign were independently both clients of Fusion GPS. This overlap contributed to the media's confusion.
0 Replies