What made you smile today?

BillW

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2021 08:41 pm
@Borat Sister,
It's still a pretty cool picture! It warms this old stone cold heart🤗😜👍
ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 11:08 am
@BillW,
Met Archie, an English bulldog while I was out in garden in my pj's very early in the morning. So. We played. It was a lively way to start the day.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 10:34 am
Arriving back at this off grid shack in CO.
And finding out there is 4G cell service here this year!

Now if only Elon would send me that Starlink dish.
BillW

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 11:24 am
@Leadfoot,
Maybe he will give you a ride to Mars!
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 05:15 am
@BillW,
spnt the last three days piloting a new Hinkly down to a mooring in Va. It wa a beautiful boat a real work of art and I had a very able crew to hanle all the new and refurbed electronics. These guys were all electronic whizbangs and they were fine tuning all the gizmos that such a boat sports.
This boat was for a TV celebrity who had it painted a ignature color associated with her. Its sorta like when Martha Stewart had a Hinkley built, she had the freeboard and interior painted the color of her chicken eggs.

This boat was a refurbished from a 2018 and it was still priced at several million before it was gone over and up- specked.

I was in boat heaven .

izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 05:34 am
@farmerman,
Did you meet Pink?
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 10:20 am
@izzythepush,
was she in Genesis like Gabriel??
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 10:27 am
@farmerman,
No. Although she may have jammed with anyof the members at some time.

I don’t know much about her other than she has a trademark colour and spells her name with an exclamation mark in place of an i.
alex240101

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 02:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Stopping in an old country store and finding a tough to find bottle of scotch.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 03:50 pm
@farmerman,
being asked to ferry the damnd boat back up to the sales point where itll be further driven back to SW harbor on a flatbed. Apparently the new owner wants front thrusters as well as ass-end. I hadda boat ith these things once an it was always getting clogged from sea life.we must gotta keep the thruster doors closed and dont forget it. im supposed to do it nex week going from va to connecticut sales place

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 07:48 pm
Damn celebrities, always a PITA. Teller to take this boat and...
farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 06:32 am
@Leadfoot,
na na na? Its like a small vry well paid vacation. These boats ae multimillionen and although PITA is true, Im often surprised how nice they can be to we commoners.
I have storis about some celebs that even tipped me and invited us in for a smptuous mal and all I wanted to do was catch a plane home.
There are a few hiney hols out there though, most of thos are the less famous.

Ill have to drop my comm license on the icw in anothr 4 yrs becaus of age, Id still be able to pilot the things but I would be uninsurable and I dont wanna be on the hook for amounts with 7 zeroes behind it when a crew mwmbr screwed up but Im the capn or pilot
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 07:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
na na na? Its like a small vry well paid vacation. These boats ae multimillionen and although PITA is true, Im often surprised how nice they can be to we commoners.
I have storis about some celebs that even tipped me and invited us in for a smptuous mal and all I wanted to do was catch a plane home.
There are a few hiney hols out there though, most of thos are the less famous.

Ill have to drop my comm license on the icw in anothr 4 yrs becaus of age, Id still be able to pilot the things but I would be uninsurable and I dont wanna be on the hook for amounts with 7 zeroes behind it when a crew mwmbr screwed up but Im the capn or pilot

Hey, FM...you don't ever pilot any boats through the Suez Canal, do ya?
farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 09:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
my license is limited to boats and in specified waters not ships plying the Suez. Everyboy takes ona spcial pilot in the Suez or the Panama. I did go through the Panama canal once but on an RSS trawler yacht . (I was a guest who drank their booze and did some fault research)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2021 06:07 am

every monday morning my old phone comes to life, alerting me about an old reminder i no longer need...
Builder

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2021 10:52 pm
@Region Philbis,
Seeing how many people are realising omicron is a joke.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:00 am
@Builder,
Yesterday I lol'd while browsing my news feed.
Under Covid news the first story said 'New study says Omicron just as deadly as Delta.'

Next story says 'Omicron much milder with 70 percent less hospitalization'.

Today I see that the stock market zig-zagged right along with the Omicron news.
Man, are people gullible or what.
Glennn

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 09:44 am
@Leadfoot,
Yeah, they love to gaslight the population by putting out contradictory statements. A lot of people assume that, when they don't understand what tony is telling them, their lack of intelligence is the issue, and not the guy who contradicted himself.

Makes me smile to know that not everyone is fooled.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 10:38 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Seeing how many people are realising omicron is a joke.

Truly. OMICRON is MORONIC spelled wrong.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 12:04 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
Makes me smile to know that not everyone is fooled.
An acquaintance in my native town is in intensive care with Omicron.
Your smiling is appreciated.