What made you smile today?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 11:57 am
@chai2,
I admit I get the same jazz from a delivery from Amazon as I did as a five year old when the mail main knocked on the door around Christmas.
chai2

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 01:32 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh yeah. It's amazing.

In my recently departed neighborhood, the deliveries for homes were all done later in the day, into the evening. I'd be going for a walk and watch all the trucks going from home to home, dropping off their presents.

That always put a smile on my face.

I'm not a shopoholic, and only buy stuff I need.

But damn, who doesn't love going online and ordering your pet food, coffee, bakers twine (yes, I did need some bakers twine. Got stuff I gotten tie up Very Happy ), and stuff you'd have no real idea where to get it.
All the running around, gas and time it saves, and at the same price.

It like this.....

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:24 am
Yesterday I left the house around 6:30 am to head off the island and do my weekly grocery shopping. I like to go during "Senior Hour", from 7 - 8, because everything has been cleaned and it's not too crowded. I pulled into a parking space and suited up — nitrile gloves, facemask, baseball cap — went in and did my shopping. I came out, loaded the car, and climbed into the driver's seat...****, where's my key? I searched my pockets several times.

Figuring I might have dropped it in one of the aisles I went back in the store, carefully scouring the parking lot on the way. I retraced my steps in the store...nothing. I went back and looked all around the car...no go. Thinking that just possibly someone found it turned it over to the store manager I went back in. There was no one at the customer service desk yet, so I asked one of the young cashiers if anyone had turned in a car key. "No," was her answer. Dejected, I turned around to go out to my car and figure out my next move. It was then that I heard her voice say, "Oh, sir — it's in your hat!" — sure enough, there it was.

Evidently, when I was suiting up, I had removed the key from the ignition and put it on the seat next to me — where my cap was. After getting the face mask and my glasses adjusted I quickly reached over, grabbed my cap, and put it on — with the key inside.
chai2

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 06:26 pm
@hightor,
I'm glad some of it was sticking out so she saw it!

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 08:45 pm
@hightor,
I remember my Dad frantically searching around the house looking for his pipe, it was in his mouth. He probably wasn't even 40, so he wasn't senile....he gave up smoking after that and lived to be 82.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 11:42 pm
@glitterbag,
Most of us got into smoking while in the military service. I was 'smoking' about 2 packs a day, but most of it burned in the ashtray. The only problem was my inhaling. I quit smoking in my early 30's, but started smoking cigars a few years ago when my buddy and I started visiting Cuba. I haven't smoked outside of Cuba, but went burzurk and smoked a $50 cigar in Cuba to find out the difference. The difference in quality is really noticeable.
0 Replies

Raquelll

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2020 07:31 pm
@nimh,
Every day is a new day, it doesn't matter if there is a gray day or a shiny day, we have to be greateful every single moment or at leat have the strength to face it, because remember we have just one life. So let's live each day as it were the last one, as the old proverb says.
farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2020 08:53 am
@Raquelll,
If you live your life as if today were the last, youd miss the excitement and satisfaction of PLANNING AHEAD.
chai2

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2020 09:23 am
@farmerman,
She got her sentiment off of a Hallmark card.
farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2020 07:07 pm
@chai2,
cute. ps, i really liked those fudgy colors in that hallway you posted somewhere.

I smile at colors when they speak up like that. Im trying to whip up a painting on panel . Its a still life of a black lunch pail and a cheese sammich and I saw those colors you posted and was noodgin em around. might work

PPSS I hate HALLMARK. My first wife was a colorist for Hallmark, then she started to run around with a fuckin greeting card salesman

chai2

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2020 07:43 pm
@farmerman,
hallmark is the worst.

I have a hard time reading any greeting cards. #1 I'm not a fan of poetry. #2 that is not poetry.
My eyes glaze over so I'll just gaze at the paper for what I figure is an appropriate amount of time, then nod and say thank you.

So did she end up with the salesman, or did that fall apart?

BillW

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2020 10:25 pm
Houston is down to a magic number of 1!
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 12:24 am
@hightor,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 04:29 am
@chai2,
she hung with him until they broke up and she trid to re"kindle" a relationship with me and I was happily partnered with Mrs F (Le Squeeze).

chai2

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 09:41 am
@farmerman,
Don’t you love it when they do that?

My ex husband, even though I divorced him, thought my life became frozen in time once he was gone. He sent me some bullshit letter at one point.
I responded “you do realize I’ve remarried”

Then a few years after that, he tried to attach me to the bankruptcy he filed.

That guy was like a bad penny. 20 plus years after that my husband and I both started getting calls looking for him over some other financial legal thing.

farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 10:14 am
@chai2,
Ive heard of spouses trying that lawsuit ploy. Its really low .
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 03:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

If you live your life as if today were the last, youd miss the excitement and satisfaction of PLANNING AHEAD.
I'm gonna be really mad when I come to the relaxation all that great planning came to no avail😊
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:49 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Astros are in the playoffs! First time they have ever done it 3 years in a row.
BillW

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:39 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

BillW wrote:

Astros are in the playoffs! First time they have ever done it 3 years in a row.

Astros win, Astros win, Astros win!!!!!!!!

Now it's on to their 4th straight American League Championship Series appearance! Go 'Stros!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:57 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Go 'Stros!

https://assets.rbl.ms/5434893/980x.jpg

You cheer for "Sunday" beer?