What made you smile today?

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 04:42 am

so my phone switched itself to dark mode while it was jiggling around in my pocket yesterday Laughing

i think i'll keep it this way...

https://iili.io/dvSa0G.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 05:15 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

It's Friday Laughing

Yup. Another day with a name that has a Y at the end.
farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 06:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
I got up and vaccuumed the downstairs and dusted. I couldnt slep. She got up and loved my clen-up , so Shes gonna make waffles.
I love waffles.

When the world turns upside down, make waffles.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 08:15 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I got up and vaccuumed the downstairs and dusted. I couldnt slep. She got up and loved my clen-up , so Shes gonna make waffles.
I love waffles.

When the world turns upside down, make waffles.

I luvs waffles...and pancakes...and crepes with apples and vanilla ice cream.

Some people claim Americans eat dessert for breakfast!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 10:36 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
wild pigs cant jump.

Ours can. But more importantly: they can swim. In the Baltic Sea. Last week ...

... the wild boar had already covered several miles in the Baltic Sea - sailors initially thought it was porpoise. Then they recognized the animal, but could not save it and directed it to the beach. (Schönhagen, east of Kiel).

Where exactly the wild boar had come from is not known. (Something is rotten in the state of Denmark …, my guess.) But nobody was hurt by their excursion - and it was certainly the greatest adventure for the bathers on this Saturday at Schönhagen beach.

lmur

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 01:44 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
What is it about Germany and wild boars? Perhaps the boar got a hankering for human flesh after its friend told it about the nudist-laptop incident (or NudismusLaptopigkeitGate as Der Spiegel did not call it!).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 02:50 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I didnt see him jump. We cann keep hogs in a field with an elecrric fence less than a foot tall.
Anyway, besides javelinas and peccaries (which arent of the same genus as the European boars), all our "wild hogs" are actually farm hogs gone feral.
We have well muscled hogs (called HOGZILLAS) that are 8 to 900 pounds and are as mean as a Nun.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 03:30 pm
@farmerman,
My wife and I went to a Chinese bakery and bought some charshu bau (pork bun), one of my favorite.
George

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 05:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Mine too!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 07:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Those pork buns always reminds me of Dim Sum restaurants. I haven't been to one in years. Damn virus!
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 07:58 am
@BillW,
I mentioned to CI on another thread that all the Cha Siu Ba buns we can get around here have a disagreeable component of the bbq filling. Its too sweet for me .
BillW

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I mentioned to CI on another thread that all the Cha Siu Ba buns we can get around here have a disagreeable component of the bbq filling. Its too sweet for me .

That is what it seems like, in fact I have heard it called Chinese bbq sauce before. It is sweet but usually not a whole lot. It could be more or less sweet; depending on the taste of the maker or the taste of the audience they are feeding. It's base is hoisin sauce.

I have had sticky buns in many places in the far east including Hong Kong and Singapore. They are the same everywhere, a bbq sauce pork filling. The only thing I dislike is when some places puts a very small amount of filling in the buns.
BillW

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 04:48 pm
@BillW,
Hoisin sauce is a thick, fragrant sauce commonly used in Chinese cuisine as a glaze for meat, an addition to stir fries, or as dipping sauce. It is darkly-colored in appearance and sweet and salty in taste. Although regional variants exist, hoisin sauce usually includes soybeans, fennel, red chili peppers, and garlic.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 03:01 pm
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:37 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I want one!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 06:22 pm
@Leadfoot,
Me, too. And not the Disney version. If I was that kid's dad ........

Someone told her there was candy in the kite (there was). She went for the kite, the wind caught the kite and wrapped the tail around the 3 yr old girl's neck. The rest is history. I don't want THAT version either. But yeah. I'd pay to do that - "the longest 30 seconds in the world."
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 06:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm afraid its a hoax.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:48 pm
Realising that an A3 sketch block, ruler and pencil, is much more user-friendly than an "intuitive" puter program.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:38 am
@Builder,
I was a draftsman for 30 years and then learned AutoCad. I was told being left handed and dyslexic was actually an advantage to 3D drafting.

Nothing is as user friendly as a lead holder, engineer's scale and paper and angles, dividers, compasses, drafting table, electric eraser ...
chai2

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 11:52 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I love getting deliveries.

My coffee just arrived. When I opened my door, my neighbor across the street was doing the same thing, with his lab jumping all around him.

I hope it was something for the doggy.