What made you smile today?

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 10:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
picture it in my mind...and smile a lot today
Its MY smile. If you smile a lot in pubic you will maybe coax others to call a wagon aand haul you off for being a "Scrutablle Skeeve"
I often catch myself smiling at a recalled memory that tickles me and I suddenly become aware of my surroundings. Im kinda swarthy and can pass for an older Pashtun . People look and frown to see what kind of vest Im wearing. Thats why in summer I always doff my Tommy Bahama shirts. No Pashtun in his right mind would be caught alive in one.
0 Replies

akaDebacle

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Jacqueline May Allen (a Texas Soprano) -- Vocalist who collaborated with Mario Lanza on The Great Caruso, dubbing the singing voice for a boy soprano on the Bach-Gounod version of “Ave Maria”. A recording appears on the soundtrack, released on CD in 2002, and Be My Love: Mario Lanza's Greatest Performances at MGM.
akaDebacle

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 12:27 pm
@akaDebacle,
eh ... one of the best damn hoedown toons ever written --

Cripple Creek by Billy Connolly.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sIXa1crC73c

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 06:54 am
Wide eyed and in all earnestness, the four year old to my husband:

"Grandpa? Are you stronger than a robot bunny?"
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 03:41 pm
@Joeblow,
What did he say?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 04:44 am
A nudist in Berlin got too close to nature for comfort when a wild boar snatched his plastic bag - which had his laptop inside.
The naked man gave chase to the boar and her two piglets.
(There is a strong tradition of naturism in Germany, where in summer it is quite normal for people to strip off in parks. - The back-to-nature movement is known as Freikörperkultur - "free body culture" - or commonly shortened FKK.

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/INMawfl.jpg

Source: Facebook
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 04:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Did he get his laptop back?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 04:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Way to go putting me off my lunch Walter. Shocked
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 08:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Wow. No way would I give chase to a wild boar. Especially if she had young with her.

They are obviously much more used to people there.

Here, they are considered very dangerous in the wild.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 09:32 am
@chai2,
Berlin is the capital of the wild boars. On an area of 900 square kilometres there are numerous places with a variety of food. This has not gone unnoticed by the omnivorous wild boar. And because the natural habitats of the wild boars are shrinking, they are looking for new "residential areas" in the German capital.
Estimates assume a total of about 5000 animals in and around Berlin. In search of food wild boars roam up to 20 kilometres through Berlin.
Wild pigs are peace-loving animals, on whose menu no humans are on, and which actually do not attack. Actually, because when they sense danger, it's different.

In the forest the wild boar is said to have finally dropped its prey.
When the man came out of the forest with it, everyone applauded.

The wild boar is probably used to finding food in plastic bags, a spokesperson of the Berlin State forest administration said. It have ended more than unpleasant for the nudist.

lmur

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2020 01:20 pm
Remembering this apocraphyl tale.

O'Brien's, a tool-making company, decided to advertise their wares in a local newspaper. The ad showed Jesus on the cross and the caption beneath read as follows: 'O'Brien's nails held him up.'

The ad occasioned much opposition from the Christian community and the company bowed to the pressure. The following day's newspaper showed a vacant cross with the caption: 'This would not have happened if they had used O'Brien's nails.'
glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2020 10:27 pm
@lmur,
That's funny.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Threat to kill wild boar that stole nude bather's laptop prompts outcry
Quote:

Berlin officials say Elsa and her piglets pose a danger and may have to be ‘withdrawn’

A wild boar that has become a frequent visitor at a lakeside bathing resort in Berlin is attracting a growing band of supporters following authorities’ suggestion that it could have to be killed.

The animal, nicknamed Elsa, has earned something akin to celebrity status after a series of photos of it and its piglets stealing a nude bather’s laptop at Teufelssee lake in west Berlin went viral this month.

The owner of the laptop was captured in bare-bottomed pursuit of the boar, which later abandoned its booty, presumably having discovered it was not edible.

Subsequent sightings of the creatures rifling through bathers’ picnic baskets and rucksacks and apparently showing no timidity have prompted Berlin foresters to label them a danger to humans.

“This wild sow and her two young is a frequent visitor at Teufelssee,” Katja Kammer, the head of the forestry office in the district of Grunewald told the broadcaster RBB. “They phlegmatically forage in broad daylight over the grass looking for food wherever there are bathers. They have lost all sense of shyness.”

As a result, she said, they would have to be “withdrawn as a matter of priority” – a bureaucratic euphemism for killing them.

Kammer’s remarks prompted the campaign group Action Fair Play to call a demonstration to save the beast. Around a dozen protesters gathered at the forestry office on Sunday.

“A few days ago pictures appeared in the media of a man in the nudist section of Teufelssee chasing a female wild boar which had run off with his laptop in a bag,” the organisers said in a statement. “These pictures delighted people around the world. Only the forestry office appeared to get no pleasure from them, deciding instead to shoot the sow and her young.”

The group said the animals had done no harm “and the owner even got his laptop back”. It said there was no need to kill the wild boar.

A petition on Change.org calling for the rescue of the “cheeky but peaceful sow from Teufelssee” had collected more than 5,300 signatures by Monday afternoon.

Its organisers said that in contrast to other wild boar, which can pose considerable danger to humans and dogs, this female had built a reputation “over years” of being friendly towards bathers.

“There has been absolutely no account taken for the fact that this sow has peacefully shared her living space with bathers for years,” they said, adding that the creature’s very friendliness was in danger of leading to its downfall. “This wild boar has earned the right to live,” they said.

Marc Franusch, a spokesman for Berlin’s forestry commission, said it remained uncertain whether and when the wild boar would be shot. “It is the wrong time of year,” he told local media. “Due to the age of young, it is forbidden to shoot them right now.”
chai2

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 09:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
And then there will be a public outcry when this wild animal at the very least maims someone.

Wild boar are dangerous animals. Does one think those tusks are there for decoration ?
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 09:10 am
@chai2,
wild pigs cant jump. (NO its not a racial slur). its a fact, when we had some pigs we only needed e- fencing about 6" high . I once got away from a charging boar whom we were taking to market. HE busted out of his weak cage and came running after me. I merely jumped up on the back stoop and gave him the finger. He ran off and we never got him back. I hope some Amish family enjoyed some good bacon, pork, and SCRAPPLE.
I did wreck my leg when I jumped up the brick stoop and hit my knee so hard it was purple for weeks.

BTW, there are really no species of native wild pig in the Americas. The pigs that we call wild hogs are feral versions of originally domesticated pigs who "got loose". Over about 2 generations their canines tend to grow because they are re-expressed. Weve had several species of wild cats in S Asia who re expressed "Sabre toothness"
chai2

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 10:29 am
@farmerman,
That sounds dangerous to me farmer.

Pigs in general are not to be fucked around with. They are smart, strong, fast and I don’t what to be on the receiving end of a pissed off pig or boar.

Messing around with pigs in a park are like those people in Yellowstone that can’t seem to understand that’s a wild bear they’re trying to get a selfie with.

So you were able to get up on a stoop, in the process injuring yourself pretty badly. You were able to run.

You were lucky.
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 07:01 pm
@chai2,
well we had to get the damned thing to the butcher and apparently the pig was not all right with that. I think they can sense that they arent going to " summer camp"
glitterbag

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:42 pm
@farmerman,
I don't know how everyone else feels, but after I got over the shock that Trump listens to Mike Lindell (The Pillow Guy) on ways to CURE the Covid-19 virus....I chuckle....ok I nervously chuckle, then I laugh out loud.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2020 01:52 am
Fitted new 2.2 inch X-country tyres and tubes to my mountain bike today.
Why did I wait so long?? It's like a brand new cycle all over again.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2020 09:58 pm
It's Friday Laughing