What made you smile today?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 08:57 am
@farmerman,
Next time pipe some Devo up to him. Crack that whip!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 09:04 am
I tried those Mr Clean wipes for the kitchen and bath. They work well. I am pretty certain a cloth with a good cleaning solution would do as well, but the wipes motivated me to clean where I often am reluctant to clean. The wipes are to be disposed of after one use, so it's not likely I will buy more. I was just curious about them.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 09:08 am
@edgarblythe,
Make your own version. Use Mr Clean as the jump off point.

I used plastic skrungies to clean my cast iron. They wear out and there's no recycle or reuse. I got a SS chain mail skrungie - costs as much as 10 plastic ones and will last for centuries.
chai2

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 10:42 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

but the wipes motivated me to clean where I often am reluctant to clean. The wipes are to be disposed of after one use,

Exactly.

Grosser jobs. That's what I use the dollar store for. Getting a dollar string mop, sponges etc what will go right into the trash. Probably spend 6 or 7 bucks over a year for that stuff.

For me, life's too short to DIY ******* cloths over saving a few pennies.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 03:41 pm
@chai2,
https://imgur.com/taT4Yco.jpg
https://imgur.com/CvwcB1g.jpg
Source
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 10:52 pm
I connected my VCR for the first time in over a year. It didn't work properly. After I gave up trying, I discovered another VCR stored inside a cabinet. It works perfectly. Now I can see Attack of the Killer Tomatoes as many times as I want to.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 11:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well rock on Edgar, that makes me smile as well.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 11:07 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Watch out with those metallic ones, if you have anything that uses a magnet in it, because they generate small metallic particles that break off and can migrate to anything with a magnet. I killed an expensive high-quality turntable cartridge that way years ago, and the turntable was two rooms away. Not current tech obviously, but magnets are in a lot of stuff.
akaDebacle

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 03:23 pm
@glitterbag,
This made me smile today.

A rare clip from Christmas 1950. Mario Lanza (1921-1959.

But who's the young choir boy?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LmJSWgWNCFQ
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 06:59 am
@MontereyJack,
I had an Ordofon cartridge crap out on me in the 70's. Cost as much as the car I was driving at the time.

This is a high grade SS, it's not magnetic and particles won't be breaking off.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 07:03 am
@akaDebacle,
Quote:
But who's the young choir boy?

Most people don't know that's Buzz Aldrin.
akaDebacle

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Thanks, bobsal. Good to know I'm in the majority on this one.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:14 am
@akaDebacle,
Of course the reason most people don't know that is its not true.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:07 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Of course the reason most people don't know that is its not true.

Waiting for that!

Also it is not a young Luciano Pavarotti...as another rumor has it.

The young man is unknown...a member of a choir who was not credited for some reason.
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
Early this AM some five groups of Amish kids were going back to their schoolhouse to help do a summer clean up. I have them walk along our pasture fences to keep them the hell off the roads (We have a lot of crazy ass drivers in BMW's who think they have license to go warp drive. )
Anyway,there were several clots of kids walking and laughing as they went and our two donkeys (Bonnie an Clyde) would run along side them all the way up the ends of the fences and then turn back and pick up another batch of kids, all of whom would stop and pet the donkeys (they know not to feed them ). It was really cute and made you smile whenever the donkeys would bray a "bye Bye" as the kids went past to the next pasture .
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
The dusty, creaky old jokes are my favorite ones!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:43 am
@farmerman,
Great mind photo. Thanks for the snapshot, man!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 10:16 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Early this AM some five groups of Amish kids were going back to their schoolhouse to help do a summer clean up. I have them walk along our pasture fences to keep them the hell off the roads (We have a lot of crazy ass drivers in BMW's who think they have license to go warp drive. )
Anyway,there were several clots of kids walking and laughing as they went and our two donkeys (Bonnie an Clyde) would run along side them all the way up the ends of the fences and then turn back and pick up another batch of kids, all of whom would stop and pet the donkeys (they know not to feed them ). It was really cute and made you smile whenever the donkeys would bray a "bye Bye" as the kids went past to the next pasture .

Okay...that made me smile!

I have a feeling I will reflect on what you wrote there, picture it in my mind...and smile a lot today.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 10:17 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

The dusty, creaky old jokes are my favorite ones!

I love corny jokes. Most of them are dusty, creaky, and old.

Reminds me of that guy who has been hanging out in my mirror lately.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 10:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
You see him, too? He's been hanging out in mine, also! Its beginning to creep me out!
0 Replies